• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I spent years laughing at all the Liverpool fans I know when they were selling the likes of Alonso and Torres, when they appointed Hodgson and signed the likes of Konchesky. Being in the Europa League every season, signing Carroll for 35 million. Lambert replacing Suarez. Laughing at them celebrating a draw with WBA. Laughing at them losing the EL final. Laughing at Gerrard's slip. Laughing at Kiev last year. It's all caught up on my now, they will have the last laugh. I feel sick.

I agree. I laughed at Klopp losing finals. And here they are going for 97 points in the league and consecutive CL finals without oil money.

Where we **** our pants every time we have to turn up at a place not called the Emirates.

VancouverCanuck

Folks, we have just witnessed Barcelona, arguably the best team in the world in the last 10 years, playing with the handbrakes fully engaged.

GunnerUK

Is this a serious question?

The Arsenal team of 2000-2005 were not only able to press you into making mistakes, they were able to play through you if you sat back, no matter who you were.

The only argument for this Liverpool team is the defensive organisation. But dont let time away from those years blind you to that period. We were our own worst enemy for not doing more.

I recall how great our football was but I also recall us throwing away 9 point leads in March and giving the title to Man Utd on a few occasions. In Europe we were never quite there just couldn’t jump that final hurdle.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
This is it for me. Got other things to concentrate on with me being single and now unemployed, all alongside my fragile mental state.

Bye guys, it’s been a fun ride. I’m out.
Unemployment is really just a state of mind though. Once you accept that, life won't seem that bad.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
You can truly see how far we’re off what Liverpool are at the present. And even question was we as good as this in the past.

Henry, Bergkamp, Peris, Campbell were they anywhere near this level in the early 00’s

You really do question it.?

They were better than this. Arsène failing to win the Champions League with that team is a ****ing disgrace to be honest.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I spent years laughing at all the Liverpool fans I know when they were selling the likes of Alonso and Torres, when they appointed Hodgson and signed the likes of Konchesky. Being in the Europa League every season, signing Carroll for 35 million. Lambert replacing Suarez. Laughing at them celebrating a draw with WBA. Laughing at them losing the EL final. Laughing at Gerrard's slip. Laughing at Kiev last year. It's all caught up on my now, they will have the last laugh. I feel sick.

Keep your chin up. They haven't won anything yet. Hopefully they won't unless Ajax screws up tomorrow. If Sp**s get through, I might sing You'll Never Walk Alone myself.

9jagooner

The major thing our squad lacks is mentality. The Liverpool team that played tonight asides 3 or 4 players are not better than many of our first team players yet they produced a performance our current team can only dream of.
Even if we had best team in the world, weak mentality will not win matches.
The current title challenge between Liverpool and City is a testament

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
He has spent £80m more than we have since he joined them. Anyway, look at some of the players in that team tonight. He beat Barca 4-0 with Henderson, Milner, Shakiri, Matip and Origi in the team.

Are you speaking net spend there or total spend?

Look, 80 million brings in a good variety of players, and those that fly under the radar as you mentioned. But spending money on Alison and Virgil for example are the types of buys we need.

Its not going to happen next season, but if we are smart about our rebuild, we will be there too. Lets just hope its an output that resembles our beloved Arsenal.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
We can agree to disagree on this one.

Quality wise, Liverpool are rightly not on the same level as Barcelona. However what makes their game effective is their expert ability to capitalise on opposition mistakes and make them pay for it. Very effective at getting results but I believe its effective because the strategies to nullify it in the game has not been completely developed yet.

The game will evolve and that tactic will be catered for more consistently. What doesnt erode though is technical football and its ability to get the better of the opposition.

Tonight, Liverpool played a very strategic and tactical game against a superior technical side. It worked and they are in the final because of it.
Yeah, we are going to disagree. I personally believe that a lot of the players at Madrid and Barca are actually trash. They just the moniker of best in the world because everyone keeps wanking over those 2 clubs.

The tragedy of all of this is that I can easily see Liverpool going on to dominate European football for years to come.

Think I'm just going to kill myself so I don't have to see that though.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

What I like about Klopp is when he goes after each win on the pitch and hugs all his players. Team unity. Van Dijk has become also his absolute captain of the team, he manages everything on the pitch. They also have nice club hymn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom