• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 646,266
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
An old friend of mine who was a high school and college basketball coach

Can't really add to the stuff you said on Guardiola as it's pretty reasonable and I agree with it. Just wanted to say I'm a big fan of US high school and college coaching - at least what I get from it one the web. As a U17 Volleyball coach I can't find a lot on coaching from Germany, because the sport isn't that big and my states youth coach education seems fishy at least, so I have to take a lot of ideas and basic techniques from football and handball and then kind of translate them. But as Volley is bigger in the US, I get a lot of material from American sources, especially on technical and tactical stuff and it's miles ahead of the Volleyball youth coaching over here.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Can't really add to the stuff you said on Guardiola as it's pretty reasonable and I agree with it. Just wanted to say I'm a big fan of US high school and college coaching - at least what I get from it one the web. As a U17 Volleyball coach I can't find a lot on coaching from Germany, because the sport isn't that big and my states youth coach education seems fishy at least, so I have to take a lot of ideas and basic techniques from football and handball and then kind of translate them. But as Volley is bigger in the US, I get a lot of material from American sources, especially on technical and tactical stuff and it's miles ahead of the Volleyball youth coaching over here.

Volleyball has grown by leaps and bounds at those levels over the past 40 years. Still not more than a niche spectator sport (although the bikini clad beach volleyball competitions have their attractions for some), but it's a very popular participation sport.

Handball is an interesting sport. We learned to play in our physical education classes when I was in junior high school in the early 70s. I was an ace 7th grade goalkeeper! But it's not really a sport that's widely played over here, even today. Although a girl who was one of my classmates in college (where she was a fantastic basketball and field hockey player) ended up captaining the U.S. handball team in the 1984, '88 and '92 Olympics, which was pretty cool. I think she still works for the USOC.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Thought he was supposed to be going for 80M? I’d be disappointed if we’re not in for both.

Even with the high wages they offer they’re a trainwreck right now.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Sp**s getting linked to players like Zaniolo and Sessegnon... these are players we should be looking at unless the club actually want to buy proven talent.

For me it's either buy players approaching their peak (25-27) who have given you reason to believe they may explode with a big move (e.g. Zaha) or sign 20-22 year olds who have shown enough for you to think they have a big future. I dont want any average players bought in either category.

Half assing it will cost us in the long term, it's so infuriating just thinking of the fact that our club might still not know that.

balthazar

smart buy. Exactly the kind we need to be making. If he continues his development they will probably sell him for 100m to Real Madrid in 6 years.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sessegnon will end up at Sp**s they targeted him for long time. Not sure Pepe will cost only 45M

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Sessegnon as per reports also seems to be convinced that the development path under Poch will be better for his career than anywhere else. Realistically, at that price, every club in the PL would be interested so it's really down to his decision, not that I agree with it.

Reactions: A_G

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
He's out of contract in 2020 and unwilling to extend. If they don't sell him now, he'll very likely leave on a free after next season. That's leverage for the player and the buying club and lowers the fee.

Hazard knows he's a level above current Chelsea and with his age it's his last chance to play for another club like Real. With his last extension having been in 2015, this almost looks like it always was his plan. Don't extend every 2 seasons or so, so down the line someone will be able to buy you out or you can leave a free agent without being 33 or something.

Weren't aware of that, now makes sense.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It’s disappointing but I can see why Sessegnon is going there if he thinks his development path is going to be better under Pochettino.

Unfortunately, Sp**s are in the CL final and have been consistently qualifying for it with Pochettino for a while. He’s a proven top PL manager and guys are going to want to play for him.

For us though this is a consequence of being in a bad way for years, there’s been some good signs though and hopefully now we can start showing players coming here can be good for their careers over the coming years.

Last edited:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
It’s disappointing but I can see why Sessegnon is going there if he thinks his development path is going to be better under Pochettino.

Unfortunately, Sp**s are in the CL and have been consistently qualifying for it with Pochettino for a while. He’s a proven top PL manager and guys are going to want to play for him.

For us though this is a consequence of being in a bad way for years, there’s been some good signs though and hopefully now we can start showing players coming here can be good for their careers over the coming years.

Can see him getting a fair bit of game time as well, he will take a lot of pressure off of Son who has had a great season but must be exhausted.

Will also give Kane a break when required too if they can play Son up top and Sessengon wide, definitely a good position filled for them if it goes through.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Thought he was supposed to be going for 80M? I’d be disappointed if we’re not in for both.

Even with the high wages they offer they’re a trainwreck right now.

He might be cheaper than we though because there are no big clubs after him right now.

Bayern doesn't want him anymore. Barca & Real will go for bigger fishes. Chelsea can't buy this summer.

We might have a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 29

Bruno Guimaraes’ representatives have been told by Newcastle that he won’t be sold unless his release clause is triggered [TBR Football]

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs interested in Leeds’ 18 year old midfielder Archie Gray [Fabrizio Romano]

Kia Joorabchian has claimed striker Joshua Zirkzee is pushing towards a move to Arsenal [Corriere dello Sport]

Arsenal have moved on from midfielder Martin Zubimendi and are targeting other players in the position instead [HITC]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško is the club’s number one target this summer [John Cross - The Mirror]

Any move for Bruno Guimaraes or Douglas Luiz depends on the departure of Thomas Partey [Sami Mokbel - The Mail]
Back
Top Bottom