• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 643,698
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

A few people have said that he, and especially his wife, doesn't want to move back to the UK because of how invasive the media is. Seems to be why he prefers Bayern or PSG.

Spain can be absolutely savage, that Gary Neville presser was one of the most painful things I've seen, also look how Mourinho turned out after Spain.

Not to mention all the lip readers and body language experts on MARCA. Seems unbearable media wise.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Barca's outlay is going to be hefty if all these deals go through. de Jong, Griezmann and most reports seem to point to de Ligt also.

Surely they'll have to ship out a few.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think every top team in Europe would do well to stay clear of him this summer. Even when he wasn't out of favour in Madrid he could never stay fit and I doubt he's going anywhere for less that crazy wadges.

A loan and only paying a percentage of his wages could be a way to go but he is one of the biggest red flags in the transfer market this summer for me.
Bale is a champion, Mark my words, he will be a success wherever he goes.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

:lol: Do you think OGS' concerns about his physique are legit?

For a player that’s played a decade in the same team as Paul Scholes and considering his own stature compared to Ruud, Rooney, Ronaldo etc. I thought he’d have a better understanding.

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
How do you know? Why did no other top club in England loan him? There are good reasons for sure, one of them guaranteed playing time for example.

Tielemans was very poor for Monaco up until he was loaned out. For whatever reasons Tielemans and Monaco just weren't a good fit.

Probably a huge factor in why Leicester were able to pull it off without many other clubs interested.

This also needs to be taken into consideration, yes he's done well for Leicester but he has also only been there since January. Monaco also aren't the financial powerhouse they were trying to be a few seasons ago and relegation to Ligue 2 is a very realistic possibility, they have two games left, one against the team just above them in the league and then the final game of the season against Nice.

They could be outright relegated or in the relegation playoff in two weeks, I imagine no deal will happen until the clubs future is decided and if they are a Ligue 2 club next season clubs looking to sign Tielemans will try to take advantage of that.

Last edited:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Barcas deals look pretty good.

Sancho & his agent played the last few years perfectly with United ready to offer the huge wages.

Interested to see what striker Real go for & if they make a run at Neymar or Mbappe.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’m not really bothered by Utd being linked to superstars tbh.

There’s something very wrong at that club in terms of player development and it’s been like that for years.

Going back all the way to Zaha how many players of theirs have taken their game to the next level or even be able to sustain a good level of form?

It’s not even like they’re buying flops, they’re buying quality players who underachieve there. Di Maria and Falcao have gone back to a quality level as soon as they left, Zaha’s development has skyrocketed at Palace.

Same is true if their current players, Martial is still the same player he was three years ago, Rashford and Lukaku haven’t kicked on really. I guarantee that as soon as Pogba and De Gea are gone they’ll find form straight away again.

Sp**s and Liverpool have been able to develop smaller name players and get them overachieving. If I was Sancho I’d wait for one of those two, Utd are a shambles.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

Herrera getting 300k at Paris, we don’t have much right to laugh at wages but that’s a joke. At least guys like Rooney, Pogba, Zlatan and Alexis accomplished something in their careers.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Sp**s continuing their trajectory upwards, while we're sitting on our asses. Too much to fix with too little money. There's A LOT riding on this EL Final, and the only thing I can think is that Emery has gotten us to play better in the big games this season for sure, but I'm not sure if those performances were representative of our ability to get results under pressure given how the season ended. Starting to worry.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Sp**s continuing their trajectory upwards, while we're sitting on our asses. Too much to fix with too little money. There's A LOT riding on this EL Final, and the only thing I can think is that Emery has gotten us to play better in the big games this season for sure, but I'm not sure if those performances were representative of our ability to get results under pressure given how the season ended. Starting to worry.

Didn't we have to play Elneny and Guendouzi together in last games for example?

Winning Napoli and Valencia away was under pressure and great accomplishments considering who have won in their home grounds this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom