• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I have never been on either brigade when it comes to Unai and I was willing to play the long game and give him time but when you're objective and take the last two months into account... it really is a sackable offence.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This argument still flowing around? Ffs
I think because klopp couldn't achieve his target in his first season I think he finished 7th in his first season? just similar problems like us scoring goals but conceding for fun But he had owners backing even without CL football I don't think emery or any new manager will have same backing.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I was sceptical at the start of the season but tried to get caught up in the positivity. I don't think he's the right manager. Defensive improvement and boring football I could take, but to be rubbish all over the pitch with no real defined plan or philosophy is unacceptable. I haven't seen a massive improvement from any player this season either. People said Wenger should have got more out of the players but I said they were rubbish. Dennis Suarez is not the level we should be going for. Emery us like a young Ranieri-he tinkers and reacts instead of playing his own game and making tactical adjustments. Tonight exposed the nonsense the players have been spouting about how he's improved them. He hasn't. We will keep him and next season will be wasted as we won't spend enough to improve and he doesn't have the ability to challenge at the top level. He also says he feels comfortable and under less pressure here as he looks long term. Lol. He has his feet under the table without having earned the right in any way. Let's start again now before we bloat thd squad eith more average players that a new manager can't work with.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I think because klopp couldn't achieve his target in his first season I think he finished 7th in his first season? just similar problems like us scoring goals but conceding for fun But he had owners backing even without CL football I don't think emery or any new manager will have same backing.

However if you actually look at Liverpool's net spend it hasn't been that great. They sold well and they brought superbly.

Mane, Salah, cost around £50m in total whilst were buying xhaka and mustafi.

I think we'll have around £100m to spend this season, taking in to account the big waves off our books as well as some expectes sales.

We need to recruit well and we need a top DoF in asap.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Looks like the skepticism earlier in the season was warranted.

There aren't all too many positives to take from this season tbh. Bottled top 4. Got comprehensively beaten in the EL final when it was our last chance at CL. Haven't developed a new identity. Haven't blooded our youth in. Even on an entertainment level, we haven't looked appealing. It's been a disappointment, and nothing indicates that next season will be any better.
I can’t think of one positive.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Even if there is an argument that he deserves one more season, what really gets me is that if this was any other club the pressure would be well and truly on now after the recent form. But at this ****ing club they'll just continue on as if nothing happened.

Exactly why this club was and is too reserved on player recruitment, why the club spent too long on Wenger, why Gazidis remained in his job far too long and why the club will cling too long to Emery. Complacency from top to bottom.

I don't even want to fix that behaviour on any indivual, tbh, because there's far too much context in it and the responsibilites are too stretched out. But it starts with a lack of accountability from the top.

Arsenal could've worked out with Wenger for another 10 years, if there had been someone to actually check and correct what was going wrong. To that end, even if I have bags of criticsm for him, Emery is just the next in line under a certain light. Arsenal isn't in the situation it is in because of Wenger, Gazidis, Sanllehi or Emery, but because the people at the top don't care one inch if this club performs to its standards or not.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'm giving Emery another season of course but I pray for his sake that he's trying to change our formation with the signings he makes this summer.

3ATB is a joke, we're letting our sub par wingbacks be the forefront of our attacks.

We went on a good run with 4atb until Bellerin got injured, we just need to build on that this summer. Find a RW and a more involved player than Özil and then we can switch to a 4231 again.

Toby

*bangs head against wall*

Dalglish, Hodgson, Rodgers.

Three managers who all failed at Liverpool before Klopp took over. Liverpool didn't hang on to failing managers to give them "time to build". They sacked their managers until they got the right man for the job.

I won't even touch how many managers failed at Sp**s before Pochettino got the job.

You could also add that Klopp took over that team mid season, that their season was already tarnished by their early failure, that while being hot and cold he still got an EL final out of them, that their squad back then was worse than Arsenal's current lot if we just plainly compare individual quality and that he instantly managed Top 4 in his first full season with pre season which wasn't just about salvaging what was left.

Toby

Looks like the skepticism earlier in the season was warranted.

I don't like banging drums, but finishing off this week with this match after having had to live through Stuttgart's relegation disgrace twice, I need to get my football mojo elsewhere. Been saying these tactics have been questionable since during the unbeaten run when most on here were wanking off on random and suspect wins.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Dalglish, Hodgson, Rodgers.

Three managers who all failed at Liverpool before Klopp took over. Liverpool didn't hang on to failing managers to give them "time to build". They sacked their managers until they got the right man for the job.
Dalglish and Rodgers got more time than people have been willing to give Emery. Hodgson was uniquely bad.

Toby

Dalglish and Rodgers got more time than people have been willing to give Emery. Hodgson was uniquely bad.

Think you need to take Rodgers out of that equation. He actually was on the brink of something. He's got a far too bad reputation. Brendan might not become a Wenger or SAF, but he's an astute coach, he's shown that everywhere he worked. Dalglish is more compareable, imo, at least in the outcome.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Dalglish got time because he’s probably the greatest name in their history. Rodgers got time because he had a philosophy that the club and fans bought into.

Generally I think everyone in the Arsenal fan base is willing to stick with Emery anyway.

LGooner98

Given the tiny budget that we assign for building the team/ squad. It will be hard to attract top managers because they know it’s a difficult task. Will give Emery another year.
Still, I think Kroenke is our biggest obstacle. Unless he leaves, i worry that the failure will just repeat year after year.
We need to get rid of a lot of players including Özil but he won’t leave...

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
Sounds to me that our plan is to be reliant on integrating youth. This was also mentioned by Ornstein. It also sounds like a few players will be leaving.

“Our idea is to carry on and improve and maybe some players need to leave to take a new way. It is not the moment to speak about that."

'We played with some young players and we knew it would be difficult. We are in our process. I want to say to all the supporters that we are in a process. We didn’t achieve our first target this year, but we are closer to them in the Premier League and secondly in this competition, playing in the final. Next year is a big challenge to take another step in our way, with our young players and the spirit.'

"At the moment, it’s not enough for our target, but the next week and next year that idea will continue in our minds. I don’t know our targets for next year, but the club is working to improve and do everything in our way. We have a lot of players who have the possibility to improve and grow up with us. For example, we have given a lot of youngsters their first experience of a final. I am positive for our future, creating our way with young players who are getting better in our way."

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Doubt Emery will play Nketiah, Willock, Saka et. al. in games other than the Mickey Mouse and early FA Cup games.

Like Wenger on his final seasons, he knows his head is on the line and he'll turn to his senior players, even if they are below par, to get results.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
There was one thing he won though, and that is the battle with Özil. Or should I say Mesut fell on his own sword?

Anyhow, he can probably send Özil to the reserves and fans won't care, even if results go to **** again.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
There was one thing he won though, and that is the battle with Özil. Or should I say Mesut fell on his own sword?

Anyhow, he can probably send Özil to the reserves and fans won't care, even if results go to **** again.
Özil put in a shift in a way to almost fight his corner and not look like a 'bad guy' in the situation. Once that all died down he returned to being useless again.

I cant believe people protect him over the manager.. our manager clearly wants the best for the team (regardless of his ability), and everyone has always known Özil has a stinky attitude.

What's happened here reminds me of the Pogba situation, giving more than usual to prove a point then returning back to his usual equilibrium of ****ness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom