• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We had a grace period of dropping out of the CL where we could just about still call ourselves a CL team. That's gone now. So that immediately means we can't attract the best managers. And on top of that we have the budget of a 14th placed team.

What’s a new manager going to do with this squad? Because they won't have the budget to improve it.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
We had a grace period of dropping out of the CL where we could just about still call ourselves a CL team. That's gone now. So that immediately means we can't attract the best managers. And on top of that we have the budget of a 14th placed team.

What’s a new manager going to do with this squad? Because they won't have the budget to improve it.
The thing is, we had top four in our hands and we all know what happened. Against midtable ****e as well.

It's on Emery.

Jasard

The thing is, we had top four in our hands and we all know what happened. Against midtable ****e as well.

It's on Emery.

TBH I'm not really sticking up for Emery I just mean I'm not sure there are many better managers that won't care about CL football. I firmly think we are stuck now for x number of years until we strike gold with some resale value and invest that well. Could be a decade who knows. It will take at least 2 years just to get rid of the **** in this squad.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I could see clearly what he was trying to do last night but he has been robbed of the players to execute the plan. Ramsey and Bellerin, as much as I’ve criticised the latter—would have been the first two names down on the team sheet for this formation. It wasn’t to be.

Should never have played Cech—not that it was Cechs fault we lost—but it’s what managers do apparently. I don’t agree with it as it makes zero sense.

Just as before this game, needs a window and more time to compensate for the loss if Ramsey and build on the improvement I’ve seen.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

It's on Emery.
How is losing a few games on a manager? He hasn’t been here long enough for anyone to say that was his fault. For a start, the sample size is too small, unless you can highlight in great detail how he managed to convince certain players to perform like **** when it mattered most, as opposed to in other games we won well.

Jasard

I could see clearly what he was trying to do last night but he has been robbed of the players to execute the plan. Ramsey and Bellerin, as much as I’ve criticised the latter—would have been the first two names down on the team sheet for this formation. It wasn’t to be.

Should never have played Cech—not that it was Cechs fault we lost—but it’s what managers do apparently. I don’t agree with it as it makes zero sense.

Just as before this game, needs a window and more time to compensate for the loss if Ramsey and build on the improvement I’ve seen.

Needs multiple windows because of our budget, but the longer you take the more you need to rebuild if you see what I mean.

Onroad

gif-arsenal-fans-protest-against-manager-wenger-reuters-170307giffy.gif

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

How is losing a few games on a manager? He hasn’t been here long enough for anyone to say that was his fault. For a start, the sample size is too small, unless you can highlight in great detail how he managed to convince certain players to perform like **** when it mattered most, as opposed to in other games we won well.

Mate you’re fighting a losing battle on this one, even if you excuse the Palace game as a Mustafi horror show the Brighton game was an embarrassment. That game is totally on him.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Sack him. He's not our next great manager and he hasn't got us the results we needed. I'd rather Howe or Arteta, someone with a pulse.

We're gonna keep with him for the sake of being nice. Been saying it for ages, this club deserves its misfortune.

to be honest, Im happy with how his done. We are on paper classed as the 6th best team, We finished 5th and lost a cup final to the team that finished 3rd. Realistically his probably punched the team above its weight this season, the campaign could of been a lot worse. If we go into the season with a similar line up to this season (like Wenger would) then we have a problem. As long as he is ruthless in the summer and addresses the areas we all see as a weakness then im happy to give him another season. Less face it, We have a squad with no wingers, Our only decent outlet at full back (minus Kolasinac purple patch) is Bellerin and his been without him for most of the season, Losing Ramsey late in the season really hurt us and the fact we are losing him has not helped Emery. The fact that Emery was starting him most weeks suggests it wasnt his decision to get rid, Emery was also given no money in Jan to improve the team, He took a punt on the loan market and it didnt pay off. Theres also been virtually nothing outside of the starting 11 thats added to the team.

Lets not start chanting for his head after one season when realistically we all expected it to be a **** season for us.

Malky

Established Member
Stale in attack, leaky as ever in defense.

I'm curious to know what Emery's supporters are seeing.
They're seeing that they were so disrespectful in their treatment of Wenger that they don't want to admit that they've got it all wrong when they all thought another manager would be an improvement. We've went backwards, we're a shambles to watch.
Emery is not the answer, he's not the man to take us forward.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Mate you’re fighting a losing battle on this one, even if you excuse the Palace game as a Mustafi horror show the Brighton game was an embarrassment. That game is totally on him.
What, so a manager decides to save a player or two because the opposition is weak, but we fail to get 3 points. Who ever said we were guaranteed to get 3 points in any given game against anyone, ever? Managers have to gamble sometimes.

90 minutes is enough to determine whether a manager gets the sack?! You’ve all gone full *****. AM requires a RAWK lockdown.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Thank god we didn't get Monchi, this dudes idiot friend, or we would've been stuck with them for years and years. Now it's just Emery who needs replacement.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
They're seeing that they were so disrespectful in their treatment of Wenger that they don't want to admit that they've got it all wrong when they all thought another manager would be an improvement. We've went backwards, we're a shambles to watch.
Emery is not the answer, he's not the man to take us forward.
More points, a European final and a 20 odd match unbeaten run...
Anyone who can say that is backwards is probably a bit backwards.

Ok, the bar was very low, but progress is progress.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I believe in him. Needs time. Was always going to take longer than a year to get rid of the **** mentality of important players. Sell everyone and their mom this summer, make Holding captain and we go again.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
What, so a manager decides to save a player or two because the opposition is weak, but we fail to get 3 points. Who ever said we were guaranteed to get 3 points in any given game against anyone, ever? Managers have to gamble sometimes.

90 minutes is enough to determine whether a manager gets the sack?! You’ve all gone full ******. AM requires a RAWK lockdown.

Though it wasn't 90 minutes? Cmon mate we were riding our luck even during the unbeaten run, the performances just weren't there.

I want the guy to succeed and I wanted Wenger gone, but the the way Unai lost control of the team on the run in was catastrophic. We only needed a single point to get into the CL against some ****ty opposition.

That's down to him as well, if he gambles he has to take responsibility.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
@El Duderino

And he does take that responsibility, but what’s the consequence, the sack after a season? What do we do when the next manager comes in, gambles in a game that we need to win in an attempt to get top four and it doesn’t come off? Do we just keep sacking them until we unearth the lord of light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom