• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

One point of the CL spot, a EL final and a better record in big games: it's a fact that this is better than Wenger's last season. It is also very much in line with what the general expectations were before the season, so sacking him now would be ridiculous.

Main downsides are the last few months and the lack of game-time for youngsters, even though Mkhi can sh*t out poor performances all day long.

Overall 6/10 for his first season.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What, so a manager decides to save a player or two because the opposition is weak, but we fail to get 3 points. Who ever said we were guaranteed to get 3 points in any given game against anyone, ever? Managers have to gamble sometimes.

90 minutes is enough to determine whether a manager gets the sack?! You’ve all gone full ******. AM requires a RAWK lockdown.

I can understand him rotating for Palace before we played Valencia, terrible result but you can live with it.

The Brighton game was pathetic, we were at home to an already relegated team and we were second best for 90 minutes. It’s not just the result but the way we didn’t even look arsed.

We’re not guaranteed to win any given game but 4 points from a possible 18 in the league after Newcastle, that’s relegation form ffs.

I haven’t said we should sack him but he should be on very thin ice.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Thank god we didn't get Monchi, this dudes idiot friend, or we would've been stuck with them for years and years. Now it's just Emery who needs replacement.

Ffs. We lost Sven and could've had Arteta for this pair of useless ****s.

Instead of going for top talents and developing academy players, signings like Suarez is now a reality.

I feel sick.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
@El Duderino

And he does take that responsibility, but what’s the consequence, the sack after a season? What do we do when the next manager comes in, gambles in a game that we need to win in an attempt to get top four and it doesn’t come off? Do we just keep sacking them until we unearth the lord of light?

As @Rex Banner said, it more than enough to put him in thin ice and damn well enough to make you wonder if the grass is greener if the same level of performances keep up being this terrible once christmas comes around.

Unai himself knows his job was on the line for most of the season, he has to know it's even more so now.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Improvement on last season but how he bottled top four shouldn’t be ignored.

Only thing keeping him in a role is that we ‘improved’ despite it being a transition year. Can’t respect a coach who bottled the top four race like he did.

GDeep™

League is very weak
They're seeing that they were so disrespectful in their treatment of Wenger that they don't want to admit that they've got it all wrong when they all thought another manager would be an improvement. We've went backwards, we're a shambles to watch.
Emery is not the answer, he's not the man to take us forward.
Spot on. Emery has been dreadful, no other word for it. Last two months have been the most shambolic I have seen at this club.

progman07

Established Member
The problem with Emery is not that he hasn't overperformed with this squad.

The problem is, that I don't want us to be a chameleon team, I don't want to see a manager who doesn't know his best 11 after a year. I don't want to rely on our left back hoofing crosses in.

Fact is, apart from Guendouzi, and 15 minutes of Willock at 4-1 down, Emery has been a coward in using youngsters during the season, especially when a blind man could see we need pace on the wings.

I don't see anything about him, which would assure me he is a top manager, regardless of whether we finished 1 or 20 points off the Top4.

say yes

forum master baiter
One point of the CL spot, a EL final and a better record in big games: it's a fact that this is better than Wenger's last season. It is also very much in line with what the general expectations were before the season, so sacking him now would be ridiculous.

Main downsides are the last few months and the lack of game-time for youngsters, even though Mkhi can sh*t out poor performances all day long.

Overall 6/10 for his first season.

Yep spot on.

Utterly brutal end to the season. Felt like it could have been a 9/10 season a few months when he had the Europa league and 3rd in our sights. Now a 6/10 feels right.

Oh well. Hope this means that an absolute hammer is taken to the squad this summer. Genuinely looking forward to next season already which betrays how optimistic I am that Emery has a lot more to give us. Either way, he’ll be judged much more sternly next season.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Just compare the mentality of Arsenal and Chelsea. Sarri has won the Europa League, finished only behind big spenders in the league and reached the league cup final. And yet still there's talk of wanting better than that.

Meanwhile we consider going from 6th to 5th as improvement. There's absolutely no doubt that Emery will continue as far as Raul Sanllehi is concerned. This club is rotten, idiots who lead this club like Raul Sanllehi are more interested in finding jobs for their old pals rather than improving the situation.

I had hope for this club when Wenger left, with Sven Mislintat recruiting young/exciting players and a new manager that supposedly plays nice, attacking football but Raul Sanllehi has taken away even these things that we still had.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
As @Rex Banner said, it more than enough to put him in thin ice and damn well enough to make you wonder if the grass is greener if the same level of performances keep up being this terrible once christmas comes around.

Unai himself knows his job was on the line for most of the season, he has to know it's even more so now.
The fact is, his job is not on the line. He has a clause where they can sack him after next season if they want to, so it’s not on the line any more than that of any other manager at a big club in world football. Just because a few people from around the world on AM may want it to be the case, doesn’t make it real.

All I’ve seen is backing from the club.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Just compare the mentality of Arsenal and Chelsea. Sarri has won the Europa League, finished only behind big spenders in the league and reached the league cup final. And yet still there's talk of wanting better than that.

Meanwhile we consider going from 6th to 5th as improvement. This club is rotten, idiots who lead this club like Raul Sanllehi are more interested in finding jobs for their old pals rather than improving the situation.

I had hope for this club when Wenger left, with Sven Mislintat recruiting young/exciting players and a new manager that supposedly plays nice, attacking football but Raul Sanllehi has taken away even these things that we still had.
Chelsea, the little horse?

Are you drunk?

El Duderino

Yep spot on.

Utterly brutal end to the season. Felt like it could have been a 9/10 season a few months when he had the Europa league and 3rd in our sights. Now a 6/10 feels right.

Oh well. Hope this means that an absolute hammer is taken to the squad this summer. Genuinely looking forward to next season already which betrays how optimistic I am that Emery has a lot more to give us.

We're too nice to do that. If Unai got the team finishing 8th Kroenke, Raul, etc., would still give him an extension.

Part of me still is amazed we sacked Wenger.

El Duderino

The fact is, his job is not on the line. He has a clause where they can sack him after next season if they want to, so it’s not on the line any more than that of any other manager at a big club in world football. Just because a few people from around the world on AM may want it to be the case, doesn’t make it real.

All I’ve seen is backing from the club.

The man just gave an interview where he said he has been fighting not to be sacked his whole life as a manager, even after a rocky start at PSG and with reasurances from the owner he new that he had to deliver or else.

The way this season's been since January, with him not being able to turn the ship around, he know he has to hit the ground running next season, mate.

Let's hope he's backed in the window to come, but even if that is the case, I still feel like he'll only continue to marginally improve us at best.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Hope someone at the club tells him he needs prioritize the league over his loser competition next year. Can't believe this guy threw away our favourable position in the league just so he could optimize for this cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom