• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,472,765

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
If we got better targets then there no need to match any bid for Bennacer.
I don’t think we have better targets, especially not for value with our limited budget. We’re screaming for a player who can push the ball up the pitch, he can do that and much more.

Firetruck

Hi guys I'm new here! I might be completely off but I'm confused by the central midfielders we're linked with. I know we need to replace Ramsey (and hopefully others!) but I don't understand these lateral moves.

We have: Torreira, Xhaka, Guendouzi, Willock, Özil, (don't think we'll get rid this window), AMN (if he is allowed in midfield), Chambers, ESR, (Mikhi and Iwobi can also do a shift at 10).

If we're getting a midfielder it should be an improvement or someone who brings new qualities. I fear Praet and Veretout are similar players to what we have. I know we don't have the budget or status to attract the talent I'd like to see (Partey, Kessie, van De Beek... sigh...) but in that case at least buy young with a chance of turning a profit. Am I missing something?

scytheavatar

Established Member
Hi guys I'm new here! I might be completely off but I'm confused by the central midfielders we're linked with. I know we need to replace Ramsey (and hopefully others!) but I don't understand these lateral moves.

We have: Torreira, Xhaka, Guendouzi, Willock, Özil, (don't think we'll get rid this window), AMN (if he is allowed in midfield), Chambers, ESR, (Mikhi and Iwobi can also do a shift at 10).

If we're getting a midfielder it should be an improvement or someone who brings new qualities. I fear Praet and Veretout are similar players to what we have. I know we don't have the budget or status to attract the talent I'd like to see (Partey, Kessie, van De Beek... sigh...) but in that case at least buy young with a chance of turning a profit. Am I missing something?

Veretout to Napoli is almost a done deal, any talk of him being linked to us is agent nonsense. Praet is an Arteta type of midfielder and is absolutely the type of midfielder we are lacking since Cazorla is gone. Someone who is not flashy but reliable and have the actual ability to use his brain. Because what's the use of Messi if he didn't have Busquets and Rakitic bringing the ball to him?

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Veretout to Napoli is almost a done deal, any talk of him being linked to us is agent nonsense. Praet is an Arteta type of midfielder and is absolutely the type of midfielder we are lacking since Cazorla is gone. Someone who is not flashy but reliable and have the actual ability to use his brain. Because what's the use of Messi if he didn't have Busquets and Rakitic bringing the ball to him?
But who's our Messi?

Firetruck

I must admit my knowledge of Praet stretches to a few videos and the stats available. I just really feel we need to add physicality and ball carrying to the midfield. But if you say he's not like most of our short passing, physically weak midfielders I'll take your word for it though.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

#AFC had a €28,000,000 bid that's been accepted for Carrasco.

Nice to see we've got our man early. Excited about this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom