• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/wilfried-zaha.26527/

Interesting looking back at the original Zaha thread, knowing now how he's developed.

Some elite posting back then by @GDeep™:

He'll be murdering premiership defenders as soon as next season, within 2 years he'll be single handedly winning games for Manure. Most exciting young talent they've had since CR7.

Thats why he is for 15M.

Nowadays we've all turned into one-liners merchants.:lol:

isop

I guess Arsenal fans are never happy. **** the money, I’d rather we get a quality option like Zaha than get another cheap alternative. That’s where we’ve been messing around with for years.

I couldn’t give a **** about the fees just as long as we get our main target. Do you think Liverpool fans were bothered about over spending on VVD or Alisson? No because it won them a CL and got them competing again.

Some fans are never happy. When we overspend on players they aren’t happy and the same goes for when we spend nothing. I want Zaha here at all cost as I’d prefer him than say a Ryan Fraser.

Liverpool were in a position to spend on VVD and Alisson because of the Coutinho sale of over 100m and the CL final run that gained an extra 80m.

Unfortunately Arsenal have to care about the spending due to the way the club is run, especially when we are out of the CL. You can't compare Liverpool to Arsenal at this exact moment. I suspect the club has more money than is being let on, perhaps to improve negotiating positions? I don't know, but that's another topic.

Regarding the "some fans", you again don't know what my overall thoughts are about our spending, and spending varies on a player to player basis.

If we have the money I don't mind doing a Liverpool. But you can also do a Mustafi and a Xhaka and an Özil contract, wasting money on underperforming players that you end up being stuck with on big contracts. Arsenal have to be careful at this time whether we like it or not. I would rather err on the side of caution and make some smarter buys for now than give in to excitement and possibly overpay.

With the cheaper alternatives quality players can be had at all ends of the pricing scales, as can poor players of course, but at lower prices you're taking less of a risk. You can get a Robertson for 8m, or a Walker for 45-50m. Van Dijk for 75m (really would have been 60m with the extra 15m an unofficial "compensation" for getting caught tapping him up), or an Alderweireld for 11.5m.

When we're in Liverpool's position I'm ok with going higher if the quality is there and we really want the player. But when we have a number of problems in a squad that needs a revamp I personally would be more careful, save the cash for the rest of the positions we need to address and look out for the Robertsons and the Alderweirelds and the 22m Son Heung-Mins. Fraser is an interesting player but I wonder about his apparent lack of dribbling from what I've read and the little I've seen of him. There are players who can do what Zaha can do and more, and who are not 50m+. It's not about being snobbish, it's the truth.

But as I said if we get Zaha and he succeeds then there can be no complaints from me or anyone else.

Not that I'm really in favour of this but if it's true that we have more money than is being implied, and if our stance is that we're definitely going all out to buy him, Mahrez who is a better player imo (he also has great dribbling like Zaha but better creative passing) went for a PL inflated £60m. Since we are really serious about Zaha, it should be under that price. £50-55m tops, it's already an inflated price but if it goes up to and beyond Mahrez's price then we're really getting fleeced.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
His brother talking about Zaha being promised a move etc.

Do or die time right now if Zaha ever wants a big move again, and we’re his boyhood club too. We’ll have to push 60M though.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I’m sure those fans who are turning their noses at Zaha who’s PL proven and instead want tropical European options in the Bundesliga are the same ones that were laughing when Sadio Mane was linked with Utd.

Zaha is everything that we need. I can’t wait until he starts winning us those penalties when he gets tripped in the box.

Lovely stuff.

Tropical European option in Bundesliga? I want the Jock from Bournemouth with mutton chops.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Reading the Palace forum it seems they want Nelson permanently in exchange for Zaha - not a loan.

al-Ustaadh

Won’t be a “game changing” signing or anything.

Just a good much needed wide man.
I disagree. Think he’ll be a definite game changer for us. Teams won’t be able to triple team him like they do now, which means he’ll get a lot more one v one situations.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I disagree. Think he’ll be a definite game changer for us. Teams won’t be able to triple team him like they do now, which means he’ll get a lot more one v one situations.
On the pitch yeah. I meant generally, I don’t think it’s a big signing.

al-Ustaadh

On the pitch yeah. I meant generally, I don’t think it’s a big signing.
Still disagree on this. Think this kind of signing will lift the club and the others we’ll be competing with for that 3rd and 4th position will take notice. I wouldn’t want him going to Tottenham or Chelsea for instance.

Last edited:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Tropical European option in Bundesliga? I want the Jock from Bournemouth with mutton chops.

I’d rather that than another overhyped Albanian nothing player from Borussia Mönchengladbach or a chubby Bosnian turkey from Schalke.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

First time I've ever been happy about Neil Ashton story......I feel dirty.
Worth noting Neil Ashton is a die hard Palace fan... so bit of an agenda.

2918476600000578-3098317-image-m-15_1432710285266.jpg

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Its actually one of the things that Gazidis fan boys keep praising him about. 'Gazidis did wonderful job for us' they say...

Yes people were praising Gazidis , very easy to pull the posts up , think there was at least one a day over summer . Yup they were for the Özil contract , hiring the new structure which lasted 3 months , sacking Wenger he got constant praise for that etc.

All the while Gazidis did **** all when it came to what actually mattered ie revenue .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom