• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,471,599

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Still hoping for a few more! Very good summer but couple of gaps in the squad that could hurt us like in the Özil / Alexis summers.

- starting CB
- a DM happy to sit
- LB

Not even expensive signing would be more than happy with Cahill, a squad DM & young LB with upside. Quite like Sessegnon as an option up & down the left side feel Fulham will want to sell this week + stock dropped so price low... throw in a couple of loans could be a bargain.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Still hoping for a few more! Very good summer but couple of gaps in the squad that could hurt us like in the Özil / Alexis summers.

- starting CB
- a DM happy to sit
- LB

Not even expensive signing would be more than happy with Cahill, a squad DM & young LB with upside. Quite like Sessegnon as an option up & down the left side feel Fulham will want to sell this week + stock dropped so price low... throw in a couple of loans could be a bargain.

We won't be signing another midfielder with Willock, Guendouzi, Torreira, Xhaka and Ceballos all needing game time and Ceballos promised 40+ games.

Ideally Xhaka out for a Partey type. But unrealistic, 6 days left, the most we can expect is Tierney and a CB on loan I think. Unless they well and truly surprise us.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
We won't be signing another midfielder with Willock, Guendouzi, Torreira, Xhaka and Ceballos all needing game time and Ceballos promised 40+ games.

Ideally Xhaka out for a Partey type. But unrealistic, 6 days left, the most we can expect is Tierney and a CB on loan I think. Unless they well and truly surprise us.
I expect Ceballos is only here to start + looked on another level so far & good chance Xhaka is captain / 1st team mainstay from Emerys comments so just leaves one player proven in the DM role behind. If Lucas got injured or continued form of last season we are in trouble. Xhaka as out & out DM is a scary thought.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Talk of Raul unlocking the vault with our £200M+ cash reserves in it, expect big money to be spent on a CB after Tierney.

Stan will get a shock when he opens the vault and it's just Vinai in there covered in his own filth.

Fully expect Kroenke to walk in, coffee mug in hand, looking at the finance powerpoint projected at the board room, finally realizing that Wenger was Raul all along, Kaiser Soze/Usual Suspects style.

Shahin Tadjalli

I expect Ceballos is only here to start + looked on another level so far & good chance Xhaka is captain / 1st team mainstay from Emerys comments so just leaves one player proven in the DM role behind. If Lucas got injured or continued form of last season we are in trouble. Xhaka as out & out DM is a scary thought.

Wow, is this bait? You saw Willock in pre-season and watched Matteo last year? We're STACKED in central midfield, quantity but also quality wise.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Wow, is this bait? You saw Willock in pre-season and watched Matteo last year? We're STACKED in central midfield, quantity but also quality wise.
No, not at all.

To showcase their quality a DM could be essential behind a central midfield two. Its looking like we are playing two strikers & a very attacking wide player in the front three... the team needs to be balanced.

We need to get the ball to these quality attackers + have control of the game. Last year in midfield especially away from home we didn't. The defensive side of midfield has not be addressed yet + short of depth.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
No, not at all.

To showcase their quality a DM could be essential behind a central midfield two. Its looking like we are playing two strikers & a very attacking wide player in the front three... the team needs to be balanced.

We need to get the ball to these quality attackers + have control of the game. Last year in midfield especially away from home we didn't. The defensive side of midfield has not be addressed yet + short of depth.

Ceballos is the link, Torreira is the breaker of play, Willock offers a bit of everything.

When Torreira isn't there then 3 of Xhaka, Guendouzi, Willock, Ceballos in a midfield 3 is fine. Xhaka has to leave before we even think about signing another DM.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Raul in his interview before the Europa league final.

"Don't think it makes sense to take it to the last minute"
"In principal I always try to avoid deadline day"
"There are always 3 parties and one sometimes tries to drag it to the end in the hope they can move the other party and get the best deal"

Surely we won't let Tierney specifically drag until deadline day...

Still need another CM for me.

Why? We'd have way too many that need minutes.

Shahin Tadjalli

Ceballos is the link, Torreira is the breaker of play, Willock offers a bit of everything.

When Torreira isn't there then 3 of Xhaka, Guendouzi, Willock, Ceballos in a midfield 3 is fine. Xhaka has to leave before we even think about signing another DM.

Call me biased but out of those 3, Torreira Willock and Guendouzi the one I have the least hope in is Torreira. His build up is meh and he's a midget.

First choice MF for me is Ceballos with Xhaka and Guendouzi behind him.

Then Ceballos with Xhaka and Willock.

Thennn only a Xhaka - Torreira partnership, since Xhaka is an accident waiting to happen and Torreira adapting to the PL might never materialize.

Might as well play Guendouzi/Willock over Xhaka and Torreira and pay the price for their inexperience, as it could well be that both, Xhaka and Torreira will leave next summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We can't fix all positions in one window specially with the limited money we have. for this window if we get Tierney and CB then in my opinion we fixed like 80% of the problems we had last season we getting quality LB top quality Winger a young talented midfielder and hopefully we'll finish it off with good CB. next summer we'll be focusing to buy top quality midfielder and CB.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

We can't fix all positions in one window specially with the limited money we have. for this window if we get Tierney and CB then in my opinion we fixed like 80% of the problems we had last season we getting quality LB top quality Winger a young talented midfielder and hopefully we'll finish it off with good CB. next summer we'll be focusing to buy top quality midfielder and CB.
Why do you want another cb if we buy one this summer? Back up lb and rb n3xt summer for me.

Malky

Established Member
Why do you want another cb if we buy one this summer? Back up lb and rb n3xt summer for me.
If we sign a new CB this summer, Kos and Mustafi leave, we're left with Sokratis, Holding, Chambers, Mavro and the new CB. Next summer Saliba replaces Chambers and we sign a replacement for Sokratis. Could have an incredible selection of CB's for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom