• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,472,942

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'm looking forward to Torreira's second season, everyone going on about the other players, and rightly so. But this guy was immense in his first few months, dropped off a bit, but new league etc. Exciting.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
I'm looking forward to Torreira's second season, everyone going on about the other players, and rightly so. But this guy was immense in his first few months, dropped off a bit, but new league etc. Exciting.

And no winter break, something they have in Italy. Came from a world cup summer aswell.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
He just had the Copa this summer. Could end up knackered unless managed.

Wouldn't be surprised if Emery adds another midfielder than can anchor the midfield after collapse last season. Nothing expensive needed.

Unless Chambers seen as the option. :confused:

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot

Wouldn't be surprised if Emery adds another midfielder than can anchor the midfield after collapse last season. Nothing expensive needed.

He didnt play much, at least not compared to the world cup.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

And has another ****ing Copa America next year for some God forsaken reason.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

There's one called Pikachu who scored 10 goals last season from right back in the Brazilian league, any takers :lol:
He becomes Raichu after we sign him
giphy.gif

Ind0Gunnerz

Leno, Martinez*, Macey*
Bellerin*, AMN* (Maitland Niles included in the squad now)
Sokratis, Chambers*
New CB, Holding*
Tierney, Monreal, Kolasinac
Torreira, Xhaka
Ceballos, Mikky
Özil, Iwobi*
Laca, Auba
Pepe

Mustafi, Koscielny, Mavropanos, Jenkinson, Elneny all left out with question marks for me. Still 7 home grown players in that squad ^^

Willock, Nketiah, Nelson, Guendouzi etc in the u21 section but of course 2/3 of those are good enough already. I doubt we'll register a full 25 man squad this year.

Sorry I am a bit slow on the HG rule. But why Tierney, who has played in UK for more than 3 years before 21 years old, is not considered HG? Or scotland is not part of the HG criteria?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Sorry I am a bit slow on the HG rule. But why Tierney, who has played in UK for more than 3 years before 21 years old, is not considered HG? Or scotland is not part of the HG criteria?

I really wasn’t sure on him so didn’t put him down, maybe someone here can find out! If Scotland counts then he’ll be classed as homegrown 100%

benjamin86

Established Member
HGP refers to any player who has played for an FA affiliated club for at least 3 years before turning 21. There is no bar on the nationality of the player. For example, Arsenal's Hector Bellerin is Spanish by nationality but is regarded as HGP.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Did Ramsey count as HG?

He did yes but he was at an English club for 3 years before the age of 21, so gained that homegrown status.

In which case, considering that’s the rule Tierney will not count as homegrown. Just like Robertson doesn’t with Liverpool.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey would have anyway as its Football Association & Football Association of Wales. They have the link as these Welsh clubs predated the Welsh League & have multiple clubs in English League tiers.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Leno, Martinez*, Macey*
Bellerin*, AMN* (Maitland Niles included in the squad now)
Sokratis, Chambers*
New CB, Holding*
Tierney, Monreal, Kolasinac
Torreira, Xhaka
Ceballos, Mikky
Özil, Iwobi*
Laca, Auba
Pepe

Mustafi, Koscielny, Mavropanos, Jenkinson, Elneny all left out with question marks for me. Still 7 home grown players in that squad ^^

Willock, Nketiah, Nelson, Guendouzi etc in the u21 section but of course 2/3 of those are good enough already. I doubt we'll register a full 25 man squad this year.

What would be the benefit of not doing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom