• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 644,345
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Palace buying from the bargain bin this summer. Three players in with only one being a fee at around £2.5m?

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
With all the rumours and bids from us and everton, no way would palace not have had a replacement lined up in case a deal was struck. Especially with Zaha opening saying he wants to go. It’s not how selling & buying players works 99% of the time
That's not really true though, plenty of teams have and will sell players without having a replacement lined up. It happens all the time. And like i said, they've yet to replace AWB, surely they should have had a replacement lined up for him too? If not they've had more than enough time to have found one and yet they haven't. Things don't always go as clubs want them to and with three days to go it makes it much more difficult to get an adequate replacement, especially with clubs now knowing you have much more money to spend. To me this just does not make sense from a Palace point of view. I'm not ruling out a move i just think it's very unlikely at this point and at the prices being mentioned.

Though i did read that they may be offering the full £65m up front which if Palace are in need of money may sway things, who knows.

Malky

Established Member
Man Utd could of had Alderweireld for £25M, Koulibaly for around the same price, but yet signed Maguire?? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Man Utd could of had Alderweireld for £25M, Koulibaly for around the same price, but yet signed Maguire?? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Think Alderweireld is close to a big decline tbh, signs were there last season. Don't think Koulibaly was ever available.

Malky

Established Member
Think Alderweireld is close to a big decline tbh, signs were there last season. Don't think Koulibaly was ever available.
Fair enough about Alderweireld, if he stays fit then £25M is a bargain in this market, but it wouldn't be long term planning. Suppose with Koulibaly United ain't the attractive option to players now. But there was still far better options than Maguire for that price - Upamecano, Konate, Dias, etc. Maguire is just another over rated English hype job.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
I also think he was asking for big wages. That plus his age and Utd apparently looking for younger players this summer means it wasn't happening. His wage demands really seem to have put everyone off.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Fair enough about Alderweireld, if he stays fit then £25M is a bargain in this market, but it wouldn't be long term planning. Suppose with Koulibaly United ain't the attractive option to players now. But there was still far better options than Maguire for that price - Upamecano, Konate, Dias, etc. Maguire is just another over rated English hype job.

I agree. Don't think Maguire is all that bad though. I like him tbh but value for money he may not have been the best purchase.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
They really fudged that Maguire deal. They were always going to end up paying £80 million. Leicester showed with Mahrez, Drinkwater & Kante that they set a price and you meet it or jog on. If he's the player you've set your sights on bring him in a month earlier and he's got a full pre-season with you.

FootballUnited

Maguire is better for United than the others they were linked to, they needed a ball playing centre back, who is also competent in the air. That backline now compliments each other with both lindelof and Maguire able to play from the back, and Maguire being a slabhead, clear anything in the air.

I hear United are going after Ericksen, not sure whether to be happy or annoyed, united will obviously get an amazing player, which sucks, but Sp**s will lose their creator :D

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Don't want anyone to buy Eriksen, he's not worth the Price Levy would Charge, and if Sp**s can't get big Money for their star Players then they're gonna struggle to buy much Quality. Much rather he leaves on a free next summer.

FootballUnited

Easily worth 60 mil, with a year left, anymore would be insane.

PL proven, and exactly what United need.

Sp**s will replace him with Lo Celso or Fernandes, who would need time and cant see them being successful straightaway.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Should have left after the CL. Sp**s squad depth is bad few injuries and they f**ked

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Pretty clear what’s going on at Sp**s. They need to sell to buy, the Ndombele transfer was paid from the CL money they got for getting to the final.

They need to sell Eriksen to fund either Lo Celso or Fernandes, that’s why Levy is leaking all the Eriksen for £50m stuff to the press.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
All this talk of Sp**s getting big Money for Eriksen, Alderweireld, Son etc. but no one is buying them. They'll all leave on a free and there'll be no Money to replcae them :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom