• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,474,470

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Underhill

Getting Upamecano and Tierney would see us with an almost complete team. The work for upcoming Summers would mostly be to replace Özil and Auba/Laca when they are too old or contract expire.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@Dutch D

Pepe - £72M + 130k a week wages? £20M a year amortised.
Saliba will probably start next summer and will be around £7M amortised.

Those are the only two permanent deals we've made. Martinelli will be peanuts. If we sign Upamecano for £70M and he's on say 120k a week that'll be around £18M amortised per year.

So we aren't even spending much in reality getting those two in.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
@Dutch D

Pepe - £72M + 130k a week wages? £20M a year amortised.
Saliba will probably start next summer and will be around £7M amortised.

Those are the only two permanent deals we've made. Martinelli will be peanuts. If we sign Upamecano for £70M and he's on say 120k a week that'll be around £18M amortised per year.

So we aren't even spending much in reality getting those two in.
Yeah, I was counting on an additional €70-100m for Tierney + Upa to be amortised. Think Saliba will be in there as well right, given that we have in fact permanently signed him.

At the same time, it's not an isolated picture we need to factor in all other players that are still on the books as well. When the dust of the transfer window settles it would be interesting to see what the total amortisation fee is and how that has been offset by incoming transfer fees (which as far as I understand it count in the year sold, and aren't amortised on the books). I would like to understand the finances better, but I'll take it to the finance thread after august 8th.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah, I was counting on an additional €70-100m for Tierney + Upa to be amortised. Think Saliba will be in there as well right, given that we have in fact permanently signed him.

At the same time, it's not an isolated picture we need to factor in all other players that are still on the books as well. When the dust of the transfer window settles it would be interesting to see what the total amortisation fee is and how that has been offset by incoming transfer fees (which as far as I understand it count in the year sold, and aren't amortised on the books). I would like to understand the finances better, but I'll take it to the finance thread after august 8th.

I wouldn't worry about it. The club wouldn't allow themselves to get into trouble.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
If Tierney comes in, do you guys think links will come up to Kolasinac or Monreal? Would be a bit much to keep all three. It seems to me Monreal is more likely to leave, but I really wish Kolasinac goes.

Spanish window open till August 31 luckily.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
If Tierney comes in, do you guys think links will come up to Kolasinac or Monreal? Would be a bit much to keep all three. It seems to me Monreal is more likely to leave, but I really wish Kolasinac goes.

Would rather kola go if we can find a buyer as he'll decline in value after this season as I think he'll be in his final year of contract next summer. Get some good money for him while we can. I don't see us renewing him on his current wage nevermind any increase he likely to want.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Can't let either go if KT isn't ready until October.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If we manage to get both Upacemano and Tierney in then it'll be the best transfer window in the history of Arsenal.
Yes, but other than youth players, so far we’ve got a loan for Ramsey and a winger. 3/10 given the state of our defensive squad.

Tierney and Upamecano and it goes to 8/10. Two days and closing.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yes, but other than youth players, so far we’ve got a loan for Ramsey and a winger. 3/10 given the state of our defensive squad.

Tierney and Upamecano and it goes to 8/10. Two days and closing.

The signings we've made do not equate to a 3/10 window. If we sign Tierney AND Upamecano its a 10/10 window no questions. The quality of player has to be realised when grading the window. At the moment with Pepe, Ceballos and Saliba we're sitting at a 6/10 window.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Tierney, Upamecano, Saliba, Pepe, Ceballos, Martinelli?
That's not a 10/10 window dat.

It's a 11/10 and the best we ever had.
Outgoings also very good if we can get rid of a guy like Mustafi.

But we must not get our hopes up, already the leadership are doing very well, even if they don’t bring all those deals over the line. The strategy is perfect.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’d prefer if Eddie gets a loan move in the PL.

FFS why is Mustafi clinging on to Arsenal? He needs to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom