• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Clock is ticking for you senior Emery, better start getting your act together with these team selections and tactics, Raul and Edu aren't f#cking about.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Clock is ticking for you senior Emery, better start getting your act together with these team selections and tactics, Raul and Edu aren't f#cking about.
I'm confused by posts like this. I thought our tactics and selection were pretty good yesterday. Wasn't happy we included Xhaka from the go but what would you have changed in terms of tactics. We were all over Sp**s from start to finish and bar two moments of individual errors we completely controlled the game. They hardly had a whiff of our goal...

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
We were all over Sp**s from start to finish and bar two moments of individual errors we completely controlled the game. They hardly had a whiff of our goal...
Dude what were you watching yesterday ?, every time they moved the ball forward they were in behind us, yes we had like a 30 minute spell in the first half were we had a whole lot of possession without any real penetration,

second half we improved after the subs, the man set us up with three defensive minded midfielders at home against Sp**s, no ball carrying midfielder to link our forwards with the ball,

lacazette had to keep coming into the midfield to retrieve the ball completely isolating him, no creativity all just to try and fit Xhaka and Guendouzi into the same team, some wenger type ish,

Finally started to see a difference once he bought ceballos on the field (a ball carrying midfielder). We may have had a good game to you, because the standards have dropped around here lately so hearing that is not shocking, but lets be honest with ourselves here, the **** could have been atleast 4 up by half time because of Emery's half assed pragmatism.

boyinneedofhumor

This might sound unpopular with some here... I actually dont mind if we cede possession at times. Sometimes having possession and stroking it about (seemingly without incisiveness) worries me.

Its what we make out of the times when we have it (i.e. to devastating effect)...
*back to fretting again*

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

My only issue with him was starting Guen and Xhaka together. He needs to have faith in Guen replacing Xhaka or just drop him for Willock/Özil/Ceballos.

I’m fairly confident that it’s a process though and that he will try out more dynamic midfields when the easier games come (automatic sack if he ever tries to line up with seven defensive players again).

We scored more goals than them from open play, dominated the chances and even won on xG. Think he did alright and I won’t have him blamed in anyway for that first goal. I’m seeing some blame him for the second goal as he chose to start Xhaka but that’s a bit of a reach imo.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Emery in his first press-conference: "I want pressing and playing from the back".
One season later:
wDa1xAv.jpg
I’ve never seen stats destroy a managers philosophy so badly. :lol:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I'm confused by posts like this. I thought our tactics and selection were pretty good yesterday. Wasn't happy we included Xhaka from the go but what would you have changed in terms of tactics. We were all over Sp**s from start to finish and bar two moments of individual errors we completely controlled the game. They hardly had a whiff of our goal...

Why did he play Torreira where he did?

He is better as a cdm working infront of the CBs imo, and Xhaka is worse and im the token Xhaka defender!

Why does he allow Guendozi to not play in formation, cms need to work in tandem.

Pepe needs to be content with one dribble and release the ball quicker

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I really find graphs confusing. What is going on here en inglés por favor?
Basically Emery wants to play out from the back but we’re the worst when it comes to turning over the ball. This implies that playing out the back is going terribly for us.

Secondly he wants to press and win the ball back yet we’re almost bottom for turnovers forced and haven’t even had a shot on goal from a turnover of possession this season.

Pretty damning evidence against him but tbh Auba’s goal against Burnley was directly from Ceballos winning the ball back. Shows that stats aren’t everything.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Why did he play Torreira where he did?

He is better as a cdm working infront of the CBs imo, and Xhaka is worse and im the token Xhaka defender!

Why does he allow Guendozi to not play in formation, cms need to work in tandem.

Pepe needs to be content with one dribble and release the ball quicker
Dude what were you watching yesterday ?, every time they moved the ball forward they were in behind us, yes we had like a 30 minute spell in the first half were we had a whole lot of possession without any real penetration,

second half we improved after the subs, the man set us up with three defensive minded midfielders at home against Sp**s, no ball carrying midfielder to link our forwards with the ball,

lacazette had to keep coming into the midfield to retrieve the ball completely isolating him, no creativity all just to try and fit Xhaka and Guendouzi into the same team, some wenger type ish,

Finally started to see a difference once he bought ceballos on the field (a ball carrying midfielder). We may have had a good game to you, because the standards have dropped around here lately so hearing that is not shocking, but lets be honest with ourselves here, the **** could have been atleast 4 up by half time because of Emery's half assed pragmatism.
I concede, i bemoaned the lineup in terms of midfield. I still thought we looked a better side though. I wasn't unhappy with our performance at all really. We created many opportunities and could have had two or three before they even scored..

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Basically Emery wants to play out from the back but we’re the worst when it comes to turning over the ball. This implies that playing out the back is going terribly for us.

Secondly he wants to press and win the ball back yet we’re almost bottom for turnovers forced and haven’t even had a shot on goal from a turnover of possession this season.

Pretty damning evidence against him but tbh Auba’s goal against Burnley was directly from Ceballos winning the ball back. Shows that stats aren’t everything.

I think it would be easier to press higher up if we swapped the midfield triangle to point downwards.

Xhaka has good cardio but is not fast or mobile, No way does he have the legs to be able to press from a position as far back as he has played.
Torreira might,

Xhaka/Guendozi higher up can do it, most of xhakas fouls happen when he chases after guys, of he is already Up there he doesnt have to chase as much.

Torreira can move the ball reasonably fast
Xhaka higher up will be less crowds and have norr time

Guendozis runs will mean more

Dani/Willock will be involved more (in different ways)

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

High turnover means losings the ball withing 40 metres of the goal, Ceballos won the ball quite far from the goal iirc
I see, makes sense. From what I remember it would have been quite close to 40m but the stats don't lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom