• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I concede, i bemoaned the lineup in terms of midfield. I still thought we looked a better side though. I wasn't unhappy with our performance at all really. We created many opportunities and could have had two or three before they even scored..

Yeah

We scored two beauts they scored one pen and one double mistake

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
My manager! 7/12 pts is a solid start to the season! top 4 this season, i feel it in my fingers i feel it in my toes!

Iceman10

Established Member
My manager! 7/12 pts is a solid start to the season! top 4 this season, i feel it in my fingers i feel it in my toes!

We scraped a win at Newcastle, a club that was protesting Ashley, while Joelinton was making his debut and not up to speed. Let's see how we do at Watford. We don't know yet if the issues in away matches will be less than last season or the same.

OSBK

Established Member
We scraped a win at Newcastle, a club that was protesting Ashley, while Joelinton was making his debut and not up to speed. Let's see how we do at Watford. We don't know yet if the issues in away matches will be less than last season or the same.

I saw watford live last weekend and they are dreadful. Andre gray is the biggest fraud of a footballer i have ever seen.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Basically Emery wants to play out from the back but we’re the worst when it comes to turning over the ball. This implies that playing out the back is going terribly for us.

Secondly he wants to press and win the ball back yet we’re almost bottom for turnovers forced and haven’t even had a shot on goal from a turnover of possession this season.

Pretty damning evidence against him but tbh Auba’s goal against Burnley was directly from Ceballos winning the ball back. Shows that stats aren’t everything.
'preciate it!

Yeah, that's quite poor.

Iceman10

Established Member
I saw watford live last weekend and they are dreadful. Andre gray is the biggest fraud of a footballer i have ever seen.

We had a good summer and have a good addition with Tierney. So far I have given a pass when it comes to Luiz, he was always signed as a stop-gap, and hopefully he gets his act together, but if we cannot cut out the individual errors across the backline (and Xhaka) we are still prone to allow even clubs with the lowest of confidence an in-match confidence boost with big gifts, esp. when we are under pressure in away matches.

OSBK

Established Member
We had a good summer and have a good addition with Tierney. So far I have given a pass when it comes to Luiz, he was always signed as a stop-gap, and hopefully he gets his act together, but if we cannot cut out the individual errors across the backline (and Xhaka) we are still prone to allow even clubs with the lowest of confidence an in-match confidence boost with big gifts, esp. when we are under pressure in away matches.

No doubt and agree totally. I will say though try and think long term with whats happening with the team. Josh kronk said we have a europa team on a champs league wage and since then we are seeing a clearout. Your bang on that errors will cost us but long term or even by next summer these players wont be here anymore and hopefully a better class of player will be.

ThlRama

Player:Saka

carlito'sway

Established Member
No doubt, it's just not something that directly contradicts the point I made. I never wrote that Emery impressed at PSG, especially not from day 1, what I wrote is that the possession football he implemented there (for whatever reason he ended up implementing it) was the best that club has seen.

Emery never implemented a "possession game at PSG". He wanted to play a 4-2-3-1 with a high press, it didn't work and the team leaders as mentioned in the article basically pushed him to go back to the Blanc possession game (and the 4-3-3 of the past). So it is far fetched to say he implemented it and I would argue (as well as a lot of smarter people than me) it was not better than what was played under Blanc.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
gEsqgms.jpg

SOkZBeV.jpg

Quite unbelievable that we are playing worse offensively and defensively compared to last year despite signing 100m€+ worth of players and in a game where Tottenham were missing their big signing.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I can see it now, end of season people are going to be moaning that we replaced agent Cech with agent Luiz

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
gEsqgms.jpg

SOkZBeV.jpg

Quite unbelievable that we are playing worse offensively and defensively compared to last year despite signing 100m€+ worth of players and in a game where Tottenham were missing their big signing.
But these are quite unbelievably meaningless stats with zero context. Nobody should care. I doubt anybody does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom