• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Watford vs Arsenal | Sunday, 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Result

• Watford win

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Arsenal win

Votes: 69 81.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner_girl14

That was awful to watch. Feel it has to be down to the manager. When bottom of the league Watford outplay you and have 30 shots on target, it's clearly the way you're set up that's wrong. Way too negative and we don't have a clear playing style.

Auba as usual saved us. Özil had a good game, nice to see him back. Pepe was poor today but he's walked into a team with no identity on the pitch and can't defend, so I'll take it easy on him. Think his confidence is still not there and it doesn't help that we're gifting goals to the opposition. Defending as usual was comical, Chambers can't be any worse than either Socratis or Luiz at this point.

I know there are no easy games in this league, but you need to be able to keep a 2-0 lead against the bottom team. I was quite positive about this season until now. But now that Laca is out and we only have Auba to score goals, I fear we'll have a poor run of form now. I've wanted to give Emery a good go but he's been here a season now and I still don't know what kind Of football he wants us to play.

Giroud12

i'm deeply worried about Emery. He deserved a season to begin to address our deep seated defensive issues. But, try as I might, I cannot see ANY improvement. His supporters may say we should wait until Tierney, Bellerin and Holding are back. But the second half today was so woeful it even outranked the worst afternoons in Arsène's final season. The coach must take the blame for that. We need a manager able to make us competitive again...and not this bunch of fallible show ponies. I predict a season of more frustration...for a team in which the whole is less than the individual parts.

While I agree on a lot of what you said, bringing in Pep at this stage wouldn´t matter if Luiz, Xhaka and Sokratis keep making the same mistakes over and over.

Malky

Established Member
Unai Emery is a Coward that's the only logical explanation for us sitting back even after going level for the last 10 mins.
Nothing but a coward. ****ting his pants against Watford is a new low, made them look like Man City. At least when we gave Mourinho abuse for parking the bus in games at 1-0 or 2-0 he did it brilliantly and were, at times, impossible to break down! Emery doesn't even know how to park the bus.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Even last season we got outplayed against Watford despite them playing 10 men all game. He's just regressed tremendously since the turn of this year. Become a shambles of a coach. It should be the other way round.

Ashybashy86

David Luiz was pretty good today.I mean what else do u expect watford just had us pegged by for 45 mins attack after attack we just cudnt get out of our fcking box.Unai Emery with all his videos cant get us out of our own penalty area against Watford..Raul needs to get in touch with Allegri and send Emery packing.
I can accept such a thing against Liverpool or City, but not Watford who were bottom of the table. New manager or not, it’s Watford. I can’t wait for us to start behaving and playing like a big club again.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
It's been a disastrous game, but those matches were always going to happen again and have been seen for any team except Liverpool and City.

Yet, people need to calm down and don't do it again, putting it all into the black or white box.
It just shows we are fragile as ever on some days and when put under pressure.

It's been a ****ty game, nothing less, nothing more. Just frustrating to watch. We've all seen amazing and positive things over the last weeks/months, but there's obviously still a long road ahead of us.

Hopefully Tierney and Bellerin will leave a big mark on that team.
I disagree with this calming down mate. Big teams lose matches every now and then. That's a part of football. We all can accept that. What is so unprecedented is a so called big team giving up 31 shots against. In premier league history there is a minute amount of times that a team has attempted more than 30 shots. Today was a shït show and people should be angry about this. When United beat us 8-2 they had 14 shots. Tottenham put 9 past Wigan, still only 14 shots. We played out a 9 goal thriller against City and there was only 34 shots between both teams. Today was atrocious.

Eirico

Wow. We are used to horrible away performances but that was something else. To be completly played off the park in the second half by this bottom of table Watford team is a new low.
Midfield non existent, defence horrible. Attack didnt have too much to work with. We gave the ball away deep in our own half maybe ten times, and of course even a poor team as Watford would capatilize on that at least once. None of the substitutes made any difference. Willock and Nelson had the chance to make an impact with a lot of space in the end but failed to do so. Torreira did nothing. AMN with a horror show despite the great assist and Deloufeu really enjoyed himself out there against him. David Luiz is already looking like a big flop, he and Xhaka has problaby a contest of conceding most penalties this season. And with Sokratis along side him we probably have the worst CB pairing in the top half. So far we have seen Pepe is a great dribbler, but nothing else. He has to do alot better.

Emery has to be gone after this season no matter with we achieve. We have seen enough. There is no improvement in any areas. We still rely on Aubameyang/Lacazette to save us with clinical finishing from the limited goal scoring opportunities we create. Defense is still leaking and teams are creating plenty of chances against us. We have no plan offensivly other than getting our FBs to the byline and square the ball back. The lack of pressing is the most dissappointing aspect of this Emery team. I thought Emery was more like Pep/Klopp in that regard, but I was completely wrong. We dont know how to press and when we try, we fail most of the time. The stubborn "play it out from the back with no plan no matter what from goal kicks" finally got exposed and it was always just a matter of time.
All in all Emery is not a manager that should be in a big club. He is perfect for mid table clubs punching above their weight. But to be in a big club you need an identity, you need such a good plan A that there is no need for a plan B, and Emery isn't even close to have that. He is trying to outsmart the opposition manager and is focusing too much on the opponent no matter if we are facing Sheffield United or Man City. That's fine if you're managing a midtable club. Being in Arsenal though he should be focusing on how to get us playing consistently good with a defined style. And maybe in a couple of away games to Liverpool, City etc. it's ok to pay a bit more attention to the opposition when you set up the team and give them instructions.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The signs were there in the 1st half itself. Players were not on it. They had 3 very very good chances to score that they fluffed before Auba scored. Guendouzi got caught out twice playing out from the back. one in the 1st half and again early in the 2nd half. Alarm bells were ringing, but none of the players or the coach saw it

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
From outplaying a team who was in CL final to get outplayed by bottom half league PL team. Our team never surprise me anymore I don't think any manager can solve this its becoming mentality problem

ASIF

So we all spoke about Emery but the players were equally bad.Nelson fell on his ass 3 4 times in good attacking position.Willock after a great run had to just pass it to Aubameyang but he tried dribbling past 3 players.Guendozi gave the ball away in the penalty area which we were lucky they didnt score off.Xhaka was Xhaka as usual.Amn had a day to forget that Barca boy just pissed all over him.Torreira ran like a headless chicken.Bloody hell why m I soo angry i should be use to it by now.

ASIF

From outplaying a team who was in CL final to get outplayed by bottom half league PL team. Our team never surprise me anymore I don't think any manager can solve this its becoming mentality problem
A good manager solves this.A good manager doesnt let his team get assfucked n pegged back with 31 shots against the bottom team.Emery is a coward.

carlito'sway

Established Member
All in all Emery is not a manager that should be in a big club. He is perfect for mid table clubs punching above their weight. But to be in a big club you need an identity, you need such a good plan A that there is no need for a plan B, and Emery isn't even close to have that.

THIS! I have said that from day one when he came from PSG. Nice bloke but not a Top club manager material.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
A good manager solves this.A good manager doesnt let his team get assfucked n pegged back with 31 shots against the bottom team.Emery is a coward.
Maybe agree with you about defensive tactics but without today mistakes we easily could go out with 3 points there bigger problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom