• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
We already tried kids in Manchester once. Didn't end well.

We play our best players in the best possible positions.

We played a 2nd team defense. Experienced defenders with young attackers is less risky.

As Laca is out, our best player available isnt Özil.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We played a 2nd team defense. Experienced defenders with young attackers is less risky.

As Laca is out, our best player available isnt Özil.
this is probably the same level of defense as that, apart from Luiz, who is not a whole lot better.

Özil... I think I'll stop commenting on this until he starts playing regularly

Pepes blue pill

State of some of our fans and emery, wanting Özil gone so the hale end brigade can learn how to be a disaster from xhaka and how the full backs are your attacking outlet from Unai Emery Etxegoien

Scenes at the Emirates

Reactions: Kav

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
CS682544-01B-BIG.jpg
:drool:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
How do people think about the idea since Lacazette is out to play with Özil-Auba-Pepe upfront and a midfield trio with Ceballos-Guend-Torreira.

Dropping our captain is silly
Ceballos has shown several times that physically he isnt strong enough for cm

Özil gets lost on the Wing but Im willing to give it a try, or Dani...

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

Some of the finest central midfielders are actually not strong or tall but have other physical abilities that make all the difference for them, which makes your argument simply stupid.
Playing Özil on the wing has already been tested with miserable results in return. What's the point of forcing something that doesn't work just because the guy was a good player 5 years ago?
Özil is a finished player left, right or central

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
State of some of our fans and emery, wanting Özil gone so the hale end brigade can learn how to be a disaster from xhaka and how the full backs are your attacking outlet from Unai Emery Etxegoien

Scenes at the Emirates

I think it's more than just "some" fans. For sure, the majority want him gone now. Do you think its an errant mass-hysteria or it's just as simple as they don't think he's contributing much to the club?

You've framed it as an Emery vs Özil confrontation but if the manager keeps making odd choices I'd be happy with seeing both of them gone TBH. Its all about Arsenal for me, not backing individual favorites.

Pepes blue pill

I think it's more than just "some" fans. For sure, the majority want him gone now. Do you think its an errant mass-hysteria or it's just as simple as they don't think he's contributing much to the club?

You've framed it as an Emery vs Özil confrontation but if the manager keeps making odd choices I'd be happy with seeing both of them gone TBH. Its all about Arsenal for me, not backing individual favorites.

Same, hence wanting a player that can actually pick a pass to be at the club, find a good replacement then sure, get rid, but atm we dont have one, Cabellos is our best bet but he sure aint a no ten and he aint even our player....

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

We haven't actually played Ceballos as a normal CM apart from the Burnley game. In most the other games he was either on the left side of midfield or at number 10.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Scenes at the Emirates
You always seem to talk about Xhaka when the topic is Özil, it's kind of strange.

Xhaka being bad doesnt excuse Özil's shortcomings, they are in different positions anyway.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It's the only conclusion.

We didnt need him then and we dont need him now. But he was a lovely shiny new toy at the time just not the right shiny toy.

We needed a forward. We tried for a forward and ended up with an attacking midfielder when we already had Cazorla.

He prevented the return of Fabregas who ended up a key man for Chelsea when they won the league.

I think this is a good follow up on this post as it resonated with a lot of my own feelings.

Literally substitute United for Arsenal, Woodward for Gazidis and you've the same situation (except the securing good deal part) We spent a lot of money without a plan. Like United going for who is available. And they said a solution is get football people in to link with the finance people.

We done that and we seem to have a plan and are building toward it. There is a much better link between spending money on the right areas on the right profile of player.

Pepes blue pill

How long before the haters come in saying he doesnt want to play away games so he is faking illness or a back injury?

pretty crazy not to have him in the squad if he is fit, seems emery just going to use him in the el n cc now, treated like a back up keeper

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
he's well out of it, given the weather forecast of heavy rain throughout

it'll be a war of attrition out there, and one hardly fitted to Mesut's esoteric skills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom