• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This is shocking. Problems from front to back even after a good transfer window.
I really wanted to give him time but Emery is doing an awful job. The return of Tierney and Bellerin is make or break for him.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I am honestly not worried. It takes time to adjust from Ligue 1 to the Premier League. And our manager is clearly not helping him with his negative tactics. He clearly has bags of ability, at one point it will start clicking.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

1. Nice that Pepe has good underlying stats despite failing the eyetest, bodes well for the future.

2. We know about Saka, but can't understand why Willock doesn't play.

3. Emery needs to **** off because I don't know what kind of vendetta this is against Özil. Leaving him at home against United was just too far.

Let's play Aubamawang

I like Pépé, and I think he will be a star in the end. But I can't help feeling like we could have saved a ton of money and got the same result, only much faster, if we got Ziyech instead. Plus, we wouldn't have needed the seemingly unreliable Özil then. I'm also hoping Saka's rise doesn't ruin Nelson's confidence. The goal against Forest will have helped him, but he needs a run to believe in himself.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I am honestly not worried. It takes time to adjust from Ligue 1 to the Premier League. And our manager is clearly not helping him with his negativite tactics. He clearly has bags of ability, at one point it will start clicking.
Rubbish imo.

Apart from being something of a contradiction (takes time to settle but it’s Emerys fault... ), the bad that we’ve seen from Pepe, and the good, is all his own doing.

We’ve all seen it and and we’ve all moaned about it. The woeful shots, the misplaced passes—all of it.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Is 12 a lot for the amount of games we’ve played?

Seems low. Wonder if that means we’re struggling for creativity in general.
17 players have completed more than 12 chances in just the premier league alone. We are awful.

Pepe is our highest with 10, level with guys like Mcginn, Cantwell, Ducore, Ward Prowse and Barkley. It's brutal stuff, Emery is awful.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Rubbish imo.

Apart from being something of a contradiction (takes time to settle but it’s Emerys fault... ), the bad that we’ve seen from Pepe, and the good, is all his own doing.

We’ve all seen it and and we’ve all moaned about it. The woeful shots, the misplaced passes—all of it.
Yeah but you're ignoring the effect of a lack of composure perhaps stemming from the player knowing this is the only chance he'll get this game.

Raheem Sterling recently said that he didn't worry about the chances he fluffed against Everton (absolute stinker of a game) because he knew that more would come. You think Pepe is thinking like that? I don't.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Let him rot in reserves, he's more interested in Fortnite than football these days anyway.
This isn't true. You could see how pissed he was at being subbed the other night. He's also not been horrible this season at all so no idea why people are carrying on like this. I've shown lots of critique for this player but at the moment it isn't justified.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I am honestly not worried. It takes time to adjust from Ligue 1 to the Premier League. And our manager is clearly not helping him with his negative tactics. He clearly has bags of ability, at one point it will start clicking.
Not for guendouzi funnily enough. Obviously a bigger talent though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

17 players have completed more than 12 chances in just the premier league alone. We are awful.

Pepe is our highest with 10, level with guys like Mcginn, Cantwell, Ducore, Ward Prowse and Barkley. It's brutal stuff, Emery is awful.

I thought as much, no creativity at all.

Absolutely dead going forwards.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yeah but you're ignoring the effect of a lack of composure perhaps stemming from the player knowing this is the only chance he'll get this game.

Raheem Sterling recently said that he didn't worry about the chances he fluffed against Everton (absolute stinker of a game) because he knew that more would come. You think Pepe is thinking like that? I don't.
No. Do you inhale the crack smoke deeper when you’ve heard that all the shotters got taken off road? Do you prepare the pipe meticulously and make sure the fag ash is plentiful and fine; that you have the right amount of holes in the foil? Oh, ****, of course you do. I should have asked someone else. :facepalm:

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I thought as much, no creativity at all.

Absolutely dead going forwards.

Emery's system creates from the flanks, where we had Kolasinac who struggles massively as a LB and even though he is somewhat solid defensively he doesn't have the stamina to be effective on both ends. Just remember how he looked when deployed as a wingback he was a constant creative outlet and the most threatening player in patches.

We had similar problems on the other side, AMN is just not comfortable as a RB and I think Emery is demanding too much from him. Should have tried with Chambers sooner but until Bellerin is fully back we'll struggle.

On the wings the situation is similar, Pepe is still adjusting and after Laca's injury the left wing spot was up for grabs. Saka is doing a fine job but he only played like two PL games.

We should give more time to see if his system really works when he gets back the players for who I think can execute his plan much more efficiently. We should see more creativity in this side when all are back and settled.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Emery's system creates from the flanks, where we had Kolasinac who struggles massively as a LB and even though he is somewhat solid defensively he doesn't have the stamina to be effective on both ends. Just remember how he looked when deployed as a wingback he was a constant creative outlet and the most threatening player in patches.

We had similar problems on the other side, AMN is just not comfortable as a RB and I think Emery is demanding too much from him. Should have tried with Chambers sooner but until Bellerin is fully back we'll struggle.

On the wings the situation is similar, Pepe is still adjusting and after Laca's injury the left wing spot was up for grabs. Saka is doing a fine job but he only played like two PL games.

We should give more time to see if his system really works when he gets back the players for who I think can execute his plan much more efficiently. We should see more creativity in this side when all are back and settled.
But how crap is the system that you need ll your best players to have an ounce of creativity. You can't rely on a system like that throughout a season..

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
But how crap is the system that you need ll your best players to have an ounce of creativity. You can't rely on a system like that throughout a season..

Crap? We’re sitting 4th with Anfield and Old Toilet games behind us. The system brought us 12 points while playing kids and againsy some of the toughest matchups in the season.

Obviously you can spin it in any direction you like saying other rivals are even more ‘crap’ (whatever that means) or it only down to Auba getting us points (ridiculous statement) but the fact of the matter is we’re on course to achieve what is expected from Emery and I think we can all agree we had the toughest fixtures from all the rivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom