• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
As i said in the match day thread when the commentators said it would be Xhaka coming off for Saka, he was going to be the sacrificial lamb for Emery to try and buy some goodwill. Sadly for him it's gone beyond that now. Taking Xhaka out of the team isn't enough to save him.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I understand but this is Arsenal.

We may not be bigger than some clubs but we're a club with class. Always maintain the class even when the team and manager underperform, do not follow other club supporters.

One of the reasons I started supporting was because we're a club with values.
Where did the myth of ”Classenal” come from? You think out fans wore bow ties and tuxedos to every game. Our fans are not better than most others, we have a section of fans who disgrace themselves, shout antisemitic songs at Sp**s, embarrass themselves on YouTube, shout abuse at our most successful manager of all time.

Pepes blue pill

As i said in the match day thread when the commentators said it would be Xhaka coming off for Saka, he was going to be the sacrificial lamb for Emery to try and buy some goodwill. Sadly for him it's gone beyond that now. Taking Xhaka out of the team isn't enough to save him.

Had that feeling about emery, be a better politician that a football manager, looks like he likes a power move, confident he will end up hanging himself tho

GoonerJay24

Where did the myth of ”Classenal” come from? You think out fans wore bow ties and tuxedos to every game. Our fans are not better than most others, we have a section of fans who disgrace themselves, shout antisemitic songs at Sp**s, embarrass themselves on YouTube, shout abuse at our most successful manager of all time.

More linked to how the club have tried to operate since I've been a fan anyway.

No fanbafanbasese is better than any other regardless of the club, there's always a mix of good and bad.

Pepes blue pill

Imagine looking for class in football :lol::lol: sure you get a few nice stories and it can bring people together but overall its a soulless sport

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Exactly. The club itself might have acted with class in certain situations. But our fans and indeed our players in many instances haven't. We are not any better or any worse than most fans.

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?
Fans shouldn’t treat players like that. What’s he actually done wrong other than be a good pro and get picked by his manager every week?

Disgusting from the "fans", but he can't walk slowly off the pitch and tell them to **** off. You can't do that.

Last edited:

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Not excusing Xhaka's reaction - wrong is wrong.

But I don't see how it is particularly hard to understand. Fans have been on his back for everything, constantly waiting for him to make a mistake to have a go. If I'm walking off a pitch on my own and tens of thousands of people who are meant to support me are booing me off, I'd probably not react with the utmost class either. Added to the fact it was during a game where the team as a whole were playing poorly, giving up a 2-0 lead and where every Arsenal player on the pitch - Xhaka included - would've been rightfully frustrated before the substitution anyways.

Again, throwing the armband on the ground and telling the fans to **** off was inexcusable, ESPECIALLY as captain of the team. But with that being said, on a human level, I do feel for him... not a pleasant thing to go through I'm sure.

Malky

Established Member
Xhaka telling the fans to **** off just shows how arrogant and stupid he is. Guys like Vieira, Cesc, RVP could tell us to **** off and we'd be pissed off at them, but they were different class and the next game give a MOTM performance and we'd forgive them because they're game changers. Xhaka is not of that quality and was already hated by a bulk of the fanbase.
Think he's done here, not just as captain, but as a player.

Box2Box

He is ponderous on the ball, makes rash tackles, makes blatant deliberate fouls, generally poor passing accuracy, loses his cool when things are going badly.
On the flip-side he scores fabulous long range goals. How many of those per season?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Reminds me when I was a kid and I used to love staying over at my older cousins house, don't have any siblings so looked up to him...I had a younger cousin who always used to stay over when I stayed over, and I used to get so angry at him, thought he was infringing on my time...but I should have gotten angry at my aunt for never telling him no, or telling me how he wanted to spend time with us and was staying too, he just used to appear at the last minute.

Emery has really caused this by constantly picking him, Xhaka hasn't helped but Unai has made this situation ten times worse imo.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

This actually isn’t the time to be against this bellend! Ffs. Taking the armband off him would actually be awful

It feels like his PSG stint all over again.

The indecisiveness, the confusion, the lack of cojones, slipping up against **** opposition and the constant controversy around the team.

Emery deserves the boot before he gets the chance to select another captain.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Thing is with Xhaka, he tries but he's just not good enough, plain and simple. Struggle to see how he would get in to almost any pre team bar maybe norwich or Brighton. Id take Mooy over him though!

Its not his fault he's crap and got made captain.

Deki

No you know? He been ruining since wenger days and his endless abuse to wenger he a c**t yes he super arsenal fan but he not classy

Who gives a **** if hes "classy"? This isnt Sunday night at the matinee. Sick of people harping on about this class drivel.

Nothing wrong with what DT is saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom