• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Shouldn't have reacted the way he did, he's captain ffs...the crowd shouldn't have booed him off, but they're a very frustrated fan base...just a broken club atm

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I don’t like Xhaka and I’ve wanted him out for years but that today was disgusting.

The lad is a human, that shouldn’t happen to anyone imo. Our fans once again showing their class.

9jagooner

Emery's fault all the way. The last time Xhaka was subbed, he was booed by the fans. He could have done one of two things after that i.e. appeal to the fans to rally round the team and every player or drop Xhaka. He didn't do both. He definitely didn't manage the situation right. This has been coming.

That said, it was disgraceful what the fans did. Booing your own player, Eboue, Gervinho, now Xhaka....totally unacceptable.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
This is a load of bollocks mate.
it is not.
we dont have a proper fanbase at the stadium.
our atmosphere sucks.
and today we turned against our captain instead of backing the young kid who was coming in.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
The thing is, the booing happened to Xhaka, because fans cannot boo the manager. It's sheer frustration I guess, not good, but understandable, it's just a very awkward situation.

The only thing that can happen is Emery and Xhaka leaving. Anything else is damaging the Club big time.
Fixed

GoonerJay24

That's nonsense. Look at the way Madrid or Barca fans boo their own players. They're notorious for being the hardest fans to please. Yet players still dream to play there. Look at the racist stigma attached to Chelsea.and their fanbase but you still see black players signing for the club. I don't think it's that deep if fans boo their own players. It's no different to when fans boo an artist who doesn't give them their money’s worth.

I understand but this is Arsenal.

We may not be bigger than some clubs but we're a club with class. Always maintain the class even when the team and manager underperform, do not follow other club supporters.

One of the reasons I started supporting was because we're a club with values.

HBL

Established Member
Not sure if true (maybe not) but saw a tweet about fans throwing stuff at his car as he left the stadium, hope it's a load of bollocks.

GoonerJay24

Id have given it to Laca, Auba, Sok and even Guendouzi before giving it to Xhaka. What leadership qualities has he shown? >

Sokratis is a decent choice and I'd give to Guendouzi if his good form continues.

Xhaka is no Keane or Viera, I'd say he has experience, captain of his national team and seems popular with teammates. Apparently it was actually the players that voted for him as best choice for captaincy.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I understand but this is Arsenal.

We may not be bigger than some clubs but we're a club with class. Always maintain the class even when the team and manager underperform, do not follow other club supporters.

One of the reasons I started supporting was because we're a club with values.
And this is why players come here and feel no pressure to perform

Steadman

This guy is the captain of our club and decides to throw the armband on the floor and casually stroll off the pitch despite us being level at 2-2. The boos were completely justified as a response to his disgraceful behaviour.

It is constant mistakes, poor performances, or controversy with this guy. Anyone defending him at this point needs to seriously have a word with themselves.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Making him a captain was wrong choice even if it was players vote. You can't trust Xhaka he not leader he can't motivate his team he easily get frustrated.

As captain he shouldn't do that he created another messy situation he has to come out and apologise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom