• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
The cynic in me suspects Emery believes we will have very little possession against Pool so Özil will not shine, and all the old lazy, not tracking back, disappearing etc etc will justify his previous treatment

The optimist in me hopes Josh intervened in his meeting with Emery on Sunday and said the ostracization of Özil needs to end, so his future will not rest on this one game

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Extracting the general logic here: If he plays Özil, he’s throwing him under the bus. If he doesn’t play him, he’s anti creativity.
I mean, if Emery had any genuine intentions of integrating him back in the team he’d play him in all these EL/PL home games he’s missed due to being freezed out as confirmed by Emery.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Its because he wasn't training hard enough before. He was training very well and Unai picks the team. He picks the players who work well, who are deserving. Özil is one of those who haven't not done unwell. It's been discussed with the club. Not the time to talk about it.
I hate to be mean, but I have to say that 'haven't not done unwell' is just the sort of thing Emery would say;)

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Nah, this is Emery lost, team is trash, players are frustrated, crowd is booing and singing for Özil.

Man under pressure stuff.
Spot on. Just like how he was forced to bring Özil back after being embarrassed by some Belarusian farmers in EL last year. He's gonna do his usual MO and just pick and drop him to make sure Özil never gains any form so he can scapegoat him again.

He probably thinks he can try to pool the wool over the supporters eyes again like he did last year with everyone blaming hang over from Wenger-era and the likes of Özil. But everyone is wise to what a bum Emery is now, so hopefully it won't help.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

EICoZIxU4AAhH7e

Little explanation from the man himself.

I always thought Lord Harris of Peckham and Sir Chips were the same person :eek:ops:

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I really hope Özil will say "f*ck off" if Unai wants to sub him on tomorrow.

What a mess. Özil has to save Unai's job, you couldn't make this story.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Maybe players telling Emery how the fack he leaves out Mesut when we are struggling to create some football? I were Auba or Laca, as an striker I would love to have a player like Mesut providing me with those beautiful passes. Even more if a guy like Xhaka comes and says is strikers fault not scoring enough.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The cynic in me suspects Emery believes we will have very little possession against Pool so Özil will not shine, and all the old lazy, not tracking back, disappearing etc etc will justify his previous treatment
The cynic? :lol: You mean the flat-earther, surely.

Reactions: A_G

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Extracting the general logic here: If he plays Özil, he’s throwing him under the bus. If he doesn’t play him, he’s anti creativity.

I can tell you why people are jumping to all sorts of conclusions , Emery contradicts himself on Özil blatantly as if fans are utterly stupid . I don't want to get through it al.l the transcripts of the presser are ther e if you want to look .
When you put call up a guy to Anfield as his first match in 7 weeks , a guy you reported don't trust away from home something doesn't add up .

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I can tell you why people are jumping to all sorts of conclusions , Emery contradicts himself on Özil blatantly as if fans are utterly stupid . I don't want to get through it al.l the transcripts of the presser are ther e if you want to look .
When you put call up a guy to Anfield as his first match in 7 weeks , a guy you reported don't trust away from home something doesn't add up .
plot twist: He won't play :p

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Good pre season, not playing, not fit, lazy, played well against Watford, not fit, not training, Özil says he’s actually doing extra training, Emery says he is training well and is on course, then doesn’t play and Emery doesn’t want to talk about, Raul does an interview saying Özil will be back, yet Özil doesn’t play, then Emery says it’s a club decision, crowd sing his name two games in a row and now Özil is creative, quality, positive, consistent and is needed.

Come on.
Why do you think he might play him then, other than to try and utilise all the qualities that he’s said he has—the same qualities that you and others say he has and the team are bereft of? Would he be right, wrong, crazy or stupid to play the guy who’s still earning 350k a week?

I don’t get it, what’s to moan about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom