• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I dont like the third paragraph in his statement. Its confusing two issues... one a sick problem with a fraction of the internet with the Arsenal fans in the stadiums views of him as a player. Its on front of BBC & Arsenal.com ffs.

Maybe I am wrong but think these issues being together are really bad.

EIOtuoRXYAUCeDL.jpg

Well according to that 3rd paragraph the abusive comments happens at matches/irl too and not just online.. I believe him.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
@American_Gooner Problem with that gooner tweet is--apart from making zero sense--is the guys wacky premise that the same people who leave disgusting comments on instagram are the same people who booed him the other night. Lovely how he tied that all in... What a spectacular bellend :lol:
I don't think he's necessarily trying to conflate the online trolls with the fans at the stadium, but it's fair to say that Xhaka has become a target for abuse from the entire fan base. It may not be the same in real life as it is online but there's general attitude of dislike towards him that's been developing for a while.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Auba was abused last week and it was plastered all over social media. Guy scores every week.

A few idiots in his case, but just feeds into what feels like a toxic relationship between players and supporters.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Auba was abused last week and it was plastered all over social media. Guy scores every week.

A few idiots in his case, but just feeds into what feels like a toxic relationship between players and supporters.

The bloke that abused him didn't strike me as a fan

say yes

forum master baiter
When you look at it, "*****"(consider it's meaning) is a pretty deplorable slur, up there with using racist and homophobic slurs to counter your inability to muster a more original less scummy retort.
Happy to stop using it if people find it so awful but I don’t think it’s anywhere near as bad as you’re making out, particularly given that it’s clearly said in jest on this forum.

Also completely disagree that calling someone a ***** is up there with racist or homophobic slurs. There’s nothing wrong with differing ethnicities or sexualities, which (along with the historical context) is why abusing someone for it is so vile. On the other hand, there’s quite a lot wrong with being a ***** (sorry @GDeep™ ), which is why (a) it’s so obviously used tongue in cheek; and (b) it isn’t insulting /discriminatory to vast swathes of the population.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It’s a perfectly acceptable point to make when someone is conflating “*****” with homophobic and racist abuse, you *****.

The ball and chain and I use ***** as a term of endearment to each other, after I saw it used here...not when we are with friends or family who wouldn’t get the joke though!

One of my favourite words now :lol:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The ball and chain and I use ***** as a term of endearment to each other, after I saw it used here...not when we are with friends or family who wouldn’t get the joke though!

One of my favourite words now :lol:
Thought " ball and chain" was the term of endearment;)

It’s a perfectly acceptable point to make when someone is conflating “*****” with homophobic and racist abuse, you *****.
Yes but.. I was just joking..:D

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Honestly, I forgive him for the behaviour, I was more pissed that he was walking off slowly.

If people abused my family and got as personal as he has recieved, I'd be bubbling, and would like to think I wouldn't snap, but God knows.

Most important for me is performance on the pitch. I don't think he's the right choice for captain, but then with the 5 captains thing and ostracised Özil being one of them, think Emery has made a bit of a joke of that anyway.

Show us with performances and effort, and all should be forgiven.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Show us with performances and effort, and all should be forgiven.
Problem is he may never be capable in this league. I think we should part ways ASAP. As a human, he is forgiven. That stuff said about his family is harsh. I've had similar experiences this year and trust me it aint easy to remain calm when people threaten your family.

MikeVinna

Established Member
He’s upset about social media abuse* and our stadium fans booing him. Ofcourse both shouldnt happen in a perfect world but come on man. Show some spine. His reaction was ridiculous..

Apart from all that I just don’t think he’s in any way good enough to start for Arsenal, regardless of any leadership qualities he may have.

*not in any way meant to condone the vile comments made by a bunch of lowlife online fans of ours!

Pepes blue pill

Both posts are spot on.

My least favourite thing about football is how fans somehow think they gain the right to hurl despicable abuse at footballers just because they get paid well / have an enviable job. Granit (like every other football out there) is an actual human being just trying to do his best.

Show some humanity you ****ing nonces.

its all ok as long as you are a decent player or a fan favourite though, I mean this is hardly the worse thing our players have done is it, this is a criticism of all fan bases....

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
regardless of any leadership qualities he may have.
!
I don't see these qualities. What are they?
When pressed on this issue his fans list his previous appointments as captain of Glabach and his national team. That isn't an answer, it is a cop out. I made the A team in grade 4 for tennis... I'm useless at tennis.

CJJ

Established Member
I don't see these qualities. What are they?
When pressed on this issue his fans list his previous appointments as captain of Glabach and his national team. That isn't an answer, it is a cop out. I made the A team in grade 4 for tennis... I'm useless at tennis.
Its been mentioned lots of times that the players like Xhaka's man management and presence in the team. He puts responsibilities on people and is generally appreciated by the players.
This has nothing to do with what we see on the pitch but that is the explanation. You can disagree with that.. but in the end 3 top tier coaches has selected him as a captain likely due to that reason. So i guess
either pro coaches are idiots or we under-appreciate his leadership qualities off the field.

mpower2540

I think if he’s going to play we have to reduce the amount of work he does by putting players around him who can cover ground that he can’t (Willock/Maitland Niles?) and also someone who can shepherd the back four (obviously Torreira). He certainly shouldn’t be an automatic starter and I think the future of Arsenal is away from Xhaka but he does have qualities that given the right setup he could use. I have felt for him quite a bit the last few days. Imagine being told you’re **** at what you do when you’ve been put in a role you can’t possibly fulfil by an incompetent manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Latest posts

Top Bottom