• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

No, I didn't just join this forum.

Merely making the pertinent point as and when prompted by the points made by others.

What I find tedious is people being needlessly confrontational. Like the fans booing Xhaka or fronty people being needlessly salty on forums.
Your profile says July 2019. Isn't that recent?

What you view as "pertinent" points to me reads as simple contradictions and repetition.

Clearly you feel that Xhaka has been treated unfairly by having been booed against Wolves. Others, like myself, think it would have been better to not react, hand over captain's armband, run off the pitch and support and encourage his teammates from the sideline.

CanadianGooner1608

Err, buddy do you think this kind of behaviour is restricted to this thread, or this forum?

How about the whole goddam Internet? Where have you been dude? People don’t play nice out here bruh :lol::lol:

I'm aware. I do tend to stay away from negativity and psychos, which is why my social media activity is limited to facebook messenger and this forum more or less. I find myself pretty happy for it. Looks miserable on there.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I'm aware. I do tend to stay away from negativity and psychos, which is why my social media activity is limited to facebook messenger and this forum more or less. I find myself pretty happy for it. Looks miserable on there.

We try to be not like the rest of the internet especially since we can control what happens on here . Was a good post I thought .

CanadianGooner1608

We try to be not like the rest of the internet especially since we can control what happens on here . Was a good post I thought .

Reason why you guys get me to keep browsing here tbh. This forum is generally a fun place, and I enjoy the banter. Not dissing AM, more individual conducts occasionally being way OTT. I know it's the internet, and there's a sense of impunity, but for the life of me I can't get used to people being able to be so vile. Maybe the times have passed me by at 29, who knows :rofl:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Yes, it was a noble sentiment indeed. I'm just very jaded and believe something becomes broken with human beings behind a keyboard on the interweb. Not talking about the obvious insults, more about the propensity to argue in circles about a point that two people fundamentally agree on.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
1. Unreserved apology without mentioning social media.
2. Get your head down and concentrate on winning the fans over with performances.

With the time he had to reflect, that’s what a professional who cares about his Arsenal career, does. It’s so simple. But the statement was immature and full of ‘yeah buts...’. Appalled that the club even allowed it to go public.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Whining about the fans is no different from whining about the referees screwing up games....... Xhaka needs to realize he can't win the battle he's trying to fight. Lousy fans is what a lousy club with lousy players and management deserve. Xhaka should look at Mustafi and learn from now he's rehabilitating his Arsenal career.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Whining about the fans is no different from whining about the referees screwing up games....... Xhaka needs to realize he can't win the battle he's trying to fight. Lousy fans is what a lousy club with lousy players and management deserve. Xhaka should look at Mustafi and learn from now he's rehabilitating his Arsenal career.
Mustafi's attitude is quite impressive. He's using the negativity like a sportsman should. You can only take your hat off to that. The fans will acknowledge it in good time. They aren't silly. It's never over util it's over, and Mustafi is determined to add another chapter.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Mustafi's attitude is quite impressive. He's using the negativity like a sportsman should. You can only take your hat off to that. The fans will acknowledge it in good time. They aren't silly. It's never over util it's over, and Mustafi is determined to add another chapter.
Yeah, I think Mustafi's commitment should be commended at this point. Not sure he'll get another real go in the league unless there are injuries though.

Balboa

Your profile says July 2019. Isn't that recent?

What you view as "pertinent" points to me reads as simple contradictions and repetition.

Clearly you feel that Xhaka has been treated unfairly by having been booed against Wolves. Others, like myself, think it would have been better to not react, hand over captain's armband, run off the pitch and support and encourage his teammates from the sideline.

July 2019 is recent, yes. I am not.

The points that you make are not mutually exclusive. He wouldn't have been put in the situation where he made a mistake if he hadn't, as he should not have been, jeered/booed in the first place. I think the supporters should support the team, controversial I know. They aren't doing a good enough job. That is the most important error in the situation because it was done for no reason by people who were not under pressure.

The deal with players should never be: "Do your best but we might jeer you for no reason then expect you to react with impeccable decorum when we ourselves are incapable of behaving well, even though there's no pressure on us and we ocan't take it as good as we give it, even though we demand others do so. Do as we say, not as we do". That is mafia type strong arming. I prefer the carrot to the stick.

Making a big point about how he should hand the armband, could be interpreted as rather petty. To me it looked like he threw it towards Auba with the intention of Auba being able to catch it. Auba dropped it, I'm sure he survived pickng it up.

Support and encourage his teammates from the sideline after thousands tried to alienate him. LMFAO.

Balboa

Is there any particular reason why you don't see that in reverse? Could just as easily say "Lousy fans deserve a lousy club, manager, players"?

Balboa

1. Unreserved apology without mentioning social media.
2. Get your head down and concentrate on winning the fans over with performances.

With the time he had to reflect, that’s what a professional who cares about his Arsenal career, does. It’s so simple. But the statement was immature and full of ‘yeah buts...’. Appalled that the club even allowed it to go public.

So simple to you maybe. How many times have your family been threatened on Social Media? What % of times have you used Social Media and received torrents of foul abuse?

Fallout

online trolls cannot be put in the same group as fans in the stadium.

trolls have a direct incentive to be incendiary: they get likes and they can express themselves in ways that are totally unimaginable in person.

fans in the stadium are coming week after week, giving their money and time. they want to see good football and good results. they have very different incentives to the trolls.

xhaka needs to be smart enough to make that distinction. you cannot use the trolls as an excuse to silence the fans or justify bad behavior from the player.

fans in the stadium play a crucial role in making sure standards at the club are maintained. things cannot be cheery all the time when standards at the club are slipping. there needs to be a mechanism for fans to express dissatisfaction AND also have it be felt by management.

rightly or wrongly (imo rightly), the stadium fans have identified xhaka as a perpetual underperformer and have wanted him out of the team for a long time. emery basically chose to ignore them.

when xhaka was subbed, the fans gave emery the message pretty clearly with ironic cheers. imo that is not abusive in any way. emery has not been listening for a long time, and this time they made sure that he had to listen.

make no mistake, there was a justifiable, football-related reason for cheering xhaka's sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom