• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I'm not getting emotional over Xhaka and Mustafi they're pants, it just annoys me how certain players can get away with lots of poor performances and still be a fan favourite. Xhaka has been better than Torreira but people still want Torreira to play every game for some reason.

Koscielny might have been better than Mustafi but lets not forget Koscielny was not only a mainstay but a contributor to many terrible defences. Look at France once they dropped him, became World Champions.

Xhaka has been better than Torreira, when, this season? Xhaka has been pants for the most part and Torreira barely had a look-in. I wouldn't even say Torreira is a huge fan favourite but would definitely say he has a bit of credit in the bank after his impressive first half of his first season here. Maybe people are just hoping he can get back to that if used in the right position. Meanwhile people have seen Xhaka here for a lot longer so they have a much clearer picture of what he's about. Give Torreira another year or two of similar game time and the same can be said for him.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You don’t really think France’s World Cup win was all down to Kos getting dropped do you?

Nah I was being facetious but he was weak for Eder’s goal in the Euro final.

Xhaka has been better than Torreira, when, this season? Xhaka has been pants for the most part and Torreira barely had a look-in. I wouldn't even say Torreira is a huge fan favourite but would definitely say he has a bit of credit in the bank after his impressive first half of his first season here. Maybe people are just hoping he can get back to that if used in the right position. Meanwhile people have seen Xhaka here for a lot longer so they have a much clearer picture of what he's about. Give Torreira another year or two of similar game time and the same can be said for him.

Xhaka is bad but at least he contributes, Torreira just looks lost and ineffective when he plays.

Either way it can’t be all our midfielders are sh*t we either need better players or find a new way to play them.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Nah I was being facetious but he was weak for Eder’s goal in the Euro final.

Xhaka is bad but at least he contributes, Torreira just looks lost and ineffective when he plays.

Either way it can’t be all our midfielders are sh*t we either need better players or find a new way to play them.

Torreira has a couple of goals this season doesn't he?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Great. Just ****ing great. Why didnt we make Mustafi club captain?

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I know it's the least of our issues right now (as he is scoring goals regardless), but has anyone noticed Auba doesnt even bother in 50-50's and especially headers?

The guy literally pretends to go for it so it looks like he tried, but never properly challenges the defender in the air when doing so. I don't think I've ever seen a non small/creative player ever do that consistently to be honest.

It's a sorry state of affairs when someone like that is holding the captains armband because you have no one else to give it to. Fantastic marksman but he doesnt have the character to be captain sorry.

We have noticed that. I made the below post in this thread in the past. I like and rate the guy so I'm not going to bring it up often, but I think we shouldn't be afraid sometimes to point out his glaring weakness.

Elite goal scorer. We are lucky to him.

One thing that has started to frustrate me sometimes about him is how scared he seems to be of any physical challenge. Not only doesn't he even try on 50/50 challenges, he even pulls out of 60 or 70/30 duels in his favour. I don't normally care about this, it isn't his game and normally it isn't that important anyway. But he is missing out on extra goals by not challenging for loose balls near the penalty area.

Against the spuds, early in the 2nd half, Lloris messed up and passed the ball in the direction of Auba. It seemed to me he got there before the covering Spud defender with a half an open goal, don't know really what happened after that. To me it seemed he was so frightened of being clattered he had no conviction to really go for it.

Not sure if anyone has noticed this but can anyone remember Auba sprinting away from the last defender when he was only slightly ahead or level with them?

I can't. It seems he needs a clear gap between him and the opposing player before he feels confident enough to sprint at full speed. Off the top of my head I remember the league cup final, where he was slighty ahead of Kompany with clear space to run into to get 1-1 with the GK. Yet an ageing Kompany caught up with him and eased him off the ball. Sp**s away last season, Mikhi played a great ball into his path, he was ahead of everyone, clear on goal. Yet Sanchez caught him and took the ball off him.

He is clearly very fast, yet slower players than him seem to catch him when they close enough to him. It must really be a mental block for him

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I totally agree that Auba isn't quite an elite CF like Augero, Suarez, he's an an elite poacher if anything ( a bit like Inzaghi, in certain ways). His all round game is limited.

However in saying that, his goals have been vital for us... there are far more players higher up the list to get critisied that Auba. Because he's doing the most important thing required from the CF...score goals.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
The biggest myth doing the rounds with him is that he's a tap in merchant. I think he's a great choice for captain.

Not all captains need to be steel and determination. There's nothing more authoritive than calm and controlled. By all accounts he's been excellent with our young players, and I think he's the best option at the club.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

We don't really have a stand-out candidate for the role. Hardly any alpha males at Arsenal. Tierney is captain material but he hasn't been at the club long enough. One day though.

GDeep™

League is very weak
RvP was the most gutting departure though for me, such a superb player, my fave ever player.

Auba I genuinely wouldn’t care if he left. It’ll be impossible to replace his goals though.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
RvP was the most gutting departure though for me, such a superb player, my fave ever player.

Auba I genuinely wouldn’t care if he left. It’ll be impossible to replace his goals though.

When Juve signed Paddy I was so pissed I deleted my Juventus CM 03-04 save, almost immediately regretted it as I loved the team I had :lol:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Koscielny might have been better than Mustafi but lets not forget Koscielny was not only a mainstay but a contributor to many terrible defences. Look at France once they dropped him, became World Champions.
Kos is gone, get over him man. You seem to be absolutely scarred by his time here.
Also, wasn't he injured for that world cup? He wasn't just dropped.

Miyata

10 v 12 when you put him in.
Can't control a ball, can't dribble, can't play as target and can't even give a simple pass. Tapinmeyang.

Barca is interested i hear? I'll drive him there personally.

OSBK

Established Member
10 v 12 when you put him in.
Can't control a ball, can't dribble, can't play as target and can't even give a simple pass. Tapinmeyang.

Barca is interested i hear? I'll drive him there personally.

I have to agree with completely. He gave the ball away so badly today. Laca got abuse when he didnt pass through to Özil, they forget laca passed to auba who couldve done the same or drove on and he gave the ball away.

Vardy showed today what a elite striker is, he was winning headers, protecting the ball and driving his team on.

mpower2540

His off the ball movement and ability to sniff out a chance is elite.

His actual footballing ability is pretty average. Had a poor game but he’s the only guy who can score.

Not sure he’s captain material either. He’s one of the biggest shirkers on the pitch, doesn’t fancy the physical battle at all

Highbury

He wouldn’t have been a professional footballer if he didn’t have a nose for the goal. No wonder we signed him at the age of 28 and none of the top clubs came in for him.

he cannot do better than us. Don’t see him pushing for a move even if we don’t make the top 4 (which we won’t).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom