• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Another medicore guy with poor defensive record makes sense. Would be amazing with our half baked squad as well.

Once Auba moves out we will get into wolves level.

Poor defensive record? Wolves was, with Everton (both teams conceded 46 goals), the team that conceded the least amount of goals outside of top 4 last season.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Have to say that Nuno is a very underwhelming signing if it becomes a reality.

This season is almost a write off, Rafa until end of season makes a lot of sense. Few members and myself have mentioned it, it could be a nice stabiliser, he knows the league inside out. After the season wnds, we can target Nagelsmann, Ten Haag or Allegri.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Have to say that Nuno is a very underwhelming signing if it becomes a reality.

This season is almost a write off, Rafa until end of season makes a lot of sense. Few members and myself have mentioned it, it could be a nice stabiliser, he knows the league inside out. After the season wnds, we can target Nagelsmann, Ten Haag or Allegri.

It's the logical thing to do, but we don't do logical.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why will Potch come when he can wait till the summer to see if Real or Utd will take him?

Would love him here though, maybe we consider paying him an OTT wage, I don’t know.

ActonWolf

That’s a bizarre answer from Nuno, doesn’t really deny much....could be something in this.

This is standard and utterly predictable Nuno-speak.

For those worried about his record against the worst teams, it's been ok this season and in our first season. He does sometimes play too defensively but he does also learn and make changes. He may not be right for Arsenal for that reason, not that you're getting him.

Porto fans didn't get on with his style - too many draws. He probably did need a Wolves-like team with long term ambitions. Arsenal would be a huge risk career wise whereas Wolves is unfinished business with all to play for.

pikey2000

Personally I like what Nuno has done, Wolves play a decent brand of football and they are definitely more defensively stable than us with defensive players that are no better than ours imo, if he comes in and stops us shipping 25 shots a game then we will better off automatically.

He also manages to mix finesse with steal pretty well, Moutinho/Neves in his CM who are both arguably more creative/technical players yet they still don't ship 25 shots a game.....

He's currently managing Europe with the league fairly effectively too, can he cut it at the top level, well we have no idea but Arteta/Ljunberg/Vieira all more of a gamble than him.

If Poch is available you take him of course, but if not i'd take Nuno tomorrow.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Raul 101. Never release any info on your proper target into the press.

Jorge Mendes, incredibly close to Raul. Jorge Mendes, incredibly close to Nuno.

Poch is 100% the main target, just like Pepe was the main target when we were so "interested" in Zaha.

Wether it happens or not is a different matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom