• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Love to know why you think this?
Arteta loves Arsenal. Was his boyhood dream to captain this side and he left here in a state of absolute tears for achieving it.

Arrived at age 29, didnt play for us that long even IF he retired here

He was a Good solid pro No doubt but also part of the slope

Beast Incarnate

I've heard City are looking to give Arteta the job when Pep goes and he's hanging on for that.

The cynic in me thinks that he'll go on to have a great managerial career and we'll rue to decision not to appoint him when we had the chance.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Too much love for Pep around, not that great he is. Think Arteta has a good chance to become great, really good pedigree he has, but we won't know until he starts his coach career

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Arrived at age 29, didnt play for us that long even IF he retired here

He was a Good solid pro No doubt but also part of the slope
So if I only get selected for Arsenal at age 35 I can't have Arsenal DNA even if I loved the club long before they even looked my direction. Absolutely bizarre criteria here. Can't agree with that at all!

Arteta should leave City and go manage a team like Everton. He's wasting his time if he thinks working with Guardiola allows him to learn how to be Guardiola. He is not Guardiola, and it's impossible to learn how to be a good manager by hiding behind someone else. His attitude towards being a manager is disappointing and makes me think he's going to collapse mentally when the arrows start raining down on him.
I can't be arsed to respond to this. Your logic is baffling. All your points rely on the premise that Arteta can pick and choose where he works and that he is the only person who decides where his managerial opportunities come from.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I've heard City are looking to give Arteta the job when Pep goes and he's hanging on for that.

The cynic in me thinks that he'll go on to have a great managerial career and we'll rue to decision not to appoint him when we had the chance.

Good for him then. We can always hire him to be our manager after he gets sacked by City. Going by how modern football works there's no way he will last more than 4 seasons as City manager anyway.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I can't be arsed to respond to this. Your logic is baffling. All your points rely on the premise that Arteta can pick and choose where he works and that he is the only person who decides where his managerial opportunities come from.

If he's as highly rated as what many seem to think then he'll have no problems getting managerial opportunities from places. But he needs to take the step of getting out from behind Guardiola's shadows.

Beast Incarnate

Why not? He spent 5 years at the club and was the captain. He also forged a close relationship with Wenger.

the only reason he left for City is because they offered him to be the #2 behind Pep while Arsenal offered him to work with a bunch of mediocre academy players.

it is quite ironic that City believed in his capabilities more than the club where he spent 5 years and was the captain.

We should have made him #2 ahead of City and it would have allowed us to replace Wenger internally in 2018 without any fuss.

as far the notion that he cannot replicate here what we learned from Pep, well that is true for every manager.

Arsenal fans don’t want to admit it but our squad is garbage and we don’t have a single world class player who is good enough for the the top sides.

no matter who comes he will have to make make major changes and wait for a few years before he can show major improvement.

Nah, not having that. I think we've got a decent squad on paper.

Auba would walk into most teams, Laca is a good striker. Pepe has potential and if you unlock that you have a deadly front 3.

Tierney and Bellerin has the potential to be very good full backs. Leno is a quality GK (it's just disguised due to the clowns in defence).

We have promising youth players coming into the squad like Nelson, Saka etc.

I do think we have a better squad than Chelsea, they just have a manager that can get them playing.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
If he's as highly rated as what many seem to think then he'll have no problems getting managerial opportunities from places. But he needs to take the step of getting out from behind Guardiola's shadows.
Fair enough. How do you expect him to do that given his extremely short career so far?

How many 37 year olds are there out there in the premier league big clubs again? You're expecting this guy to go from player to manager in a space of 4 years and then dissing him because he 'hasn't taken the step out from Guardiola's shadow'... How old was Pep when he got his first big job? Completely unrealistic expectations. There is quite simply a lot more to suggest Arteta will make it than Freddie yet you're going into overdrive trying to find reasoning to put Arteta down.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Never agreed with Chris Sutton, always had in for Arsène. Now he's having a go at Freddie after 1 game:lol:

However, there were one or two things in his BBC piece that made sense this morning.

"They need to change the model. The recruitment in particular. Over the summer they brought in [winger] Nicolas Pepe [for £72m] but the issues were at the back."

Calum Chambers has been around long enough to see if there's been an improvement but there hasn't been. I don't think he's good enough to be an Arsenal regular.

Sokratis is nowhere near good enough. I don't think he would get into any Premier League side." If you rely on Sokratis you will be changing manager every six months'

And you can add Mustafi and an ageing Luiz to that.

Freddie doesn't really have much chance. These are issues we saw under Wenger, Emery and now Freddie. Our squad has a stack of holes that need fixing.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
What's this rubbish we're putting out about not being able to afford managers :lol:

Did the exact same thing with players in the summer. Articles come out about big pay offs needed for Rodgers and Poch so we put out we can't afford it, nice.

Its counter productive if true though. Can't afford it due to being out of the CL for so long but if we actually got back into the CL paying for a top tier manager then it negates the cost.

Ridiculous really.

mma

perhaps this is a good thing - if the selection panel is split, and Raul doesn't get his way, he may leave
Ornstein said Raul 'holds the power'. Emery was his appointment, he recommended Emery is sacked and now he wants Allegri.

Raul gets what he wants. Hopefully...

zilfy

The big positive to take away from Raul liking the allegri option is that they're not afraid to spend big.
I mean, he must be one of the most expensive out there right?

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Love to know why you think this?
Arteta loves Arsenal. Was his boyhood dream to captain this side and he left here in a state of absolute tears for achieving it.
Arteta has remained remarkably tight-lipped since going to City, so I don't see how anyone knows what he feels about the club

If he is truly ambitious, and it seems he is, he will have gone there purely as a career move

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Arteta has remained remarkably tight-lipped since going to City, so I don't see how anyone knows what he feels about the club
Yes, because the best way to impress your new employer is to wax lyrical about their rivals..:rolleyes::facepalm:
Is it no logic Tuesday or something?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
:lol::lol::lol:

The conclusions being jumped to in this thread

X manager's motivation, Y managers mind set
What's going on behind the scenes at the club

giphy.gif

clovis

Nah, not having that. I think we've got a decent squad on paper.

Auba would walk into most teams, Laca is a good striker. Pepe has potential and if you unlock that you have a deadly front 3.

Tierney and Bellerin has the potential to be very good full backs. Leno is a quality GK (it's just disguised due to the clowns in defence).

We have promising youth players coming into the squad like Nelson, Saka etc.

I do think we have a better squad than Chelsea, they just have a manager that can get them playing.

walk into most teams? Of course. Arsenal is still better than hundreds of sides in Europe. But we are talking about elite teams here.

Auba - not good enough for the top two sides in England at the moment. Heck not even good enough for bloody Sp**s because Kane is superior.. the likes of Vardy are better than him too.

Lacazette - mediocre all round striker who has been exposed outside the French league. Again,
which top side is he good enough for?

Pepe - so far he has proved to be a Gervinho who is good at set pieces. Bear in mind he wasn’t an unknown quantity when we signed him. If he was that good the likes of Madrid, Barca, PSG, Bayern, Juventus, City, Liverpool etc would have signed him.

the likes of Nelson and Saka have shown nothing to suggest that they are top talents. You can see the world of difference between someone like Nelson and an actual world beater like Sancho.

Leno is good but not among the best in the world.

Bellerín is another mediocre full back. Tierney might have a very high ceiling but he is not ready yet.

right now we don’t have a single player who could get into sides like Barca, Madrid, Juventus, PSG, Bayern, City and Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom