• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I'm reading that Simeone might leave Atletico and we're interested. If this is true, we should focus all our energy into getting this guy.

Him or Allegri are the only ones, especially Cholo, who can teach our back line to defend.
In a year or so we would become an air tight team who can hold onto precious 1-0 scorelines until the final whistle and I don't want to hear the argument that he's defensive or Atletico plays boring football.

This guy makes warriors out of his players and gives them both tactical and mental weapons to fight off whatever comes their way.

I'll take "1-0 to the Arsenal" over playing tippy tappy, easy on the eye football with a defense that concedes game after game.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
If Vieira got the job that would be the definition of being handed the job. Because surely it can't be because of his managerial record so far.

Don't know anything about his time in the MLS so can't comment on that but his record at Nice is nothing to get anyone excited. Currently they are in 14th place.

To be fair, while Nice is in 14th spot, they're only 5 points from the Top 4. Ligue 1 has a lot of parity this year. And he did guide them to 7th place last season, improving their defensive record from 52 goals to 35. It's also important to understand that Nice isn't a big spending club and they sell their best players (such as Seri and Plea). So they really can't be expected to finish much higher than mid-table.

He drew well-deserved praise during his time at NYCFC, establishing them as an upper tier club with a clear attacking identity that they had lacked before.

While Patrick wouldn't be my first choice for the job, I would have no problem with the hire (if, indeed, there is one). He doesn't have the experience or resume of some candidates, but he would bring a lot of qualities -- including his familiarity with Arsenal and its identity.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Not a ****ing chance they appoint Vieira. We heard they looked at stats/metrics last time. Vieira won’t show up well in those.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I'm reading that Simeone might leave Atletico and we're interested. If this is true, we should focus all our energy into getting this guy.

Him or Allegri are the only ones, especially Cholo, who can teach our back line to defend.
In a year or so we would become an air tight team who can hold onto precious 1-0 scorelines until the final whistle and I don't want to hear the argument that he's defensive or Atletico plays boring football.

This guy makes warriors out of his players and gives them both tactical and mental weapons to fight off whatever comes their way.

I'll take "1-0 to the Arsenal" over playing tippy tappy, easy on the eye football with a defense that concedes game after game.

Dude is apparently the best paid manager in football...... paid more than what Utd paid Mourinho. Somehow I doubt our stingy board will have the balls to hire him.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Not a ****ing chance they appoint Vieira. We heard they looked at stats/metrics last time. Vieira won’t show up well in those.

We heard a lot of things mate , including Una's forensic analysis ""of how he would improve each player

Joestlaachmkr

I would love to have Simeone. Imagine having him strut our side line like some crazy South American mob boss on crack! Nobody f***s with the Simeone! That in itself would be worth a season ticket.
I would also love to see Simeone becoming Arsenal boss, but i know it`s not going to happen. Most likely, our clueless board members are going to give the job permanently to Freddie or they will go for either Arteta, Vieira, Kovac or Marcelino.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡

Dude is apparently the best paid manager in football...... paid more than what Utd paid Mourinho. Somehow I doubt our stingy board will have the balls to hire him.
That's an insane amount of money, but he does improve teams. I mean, he was really unlucky to not win a CL at least once, having met a prime Real Madrid that was like clockwork and won La Liga in spite of the big two.
He's a ballsy coach that's a great fit for the league and we're a spineless bunch in desperate need of guidance, so it couldn't be a better fit as far as I'm concerned.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
I would also love to see Simeone becoming Arsenal boss, but i know it`s not going to happen. Most likely, our clueless board members are going to give the job permanently to Freddie or they will go for either Arteta, Vieira, Kovac or Marcelino.

Do you really think that the board members in general is involved in the hunt for a new manager? They arent.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
I'll be fuming if we rush into the first manager we can get our hands on rather than at least give Ljungan time to prove himself and take it nice and easy in possibly finding a successor.

don't worry, that's exactly how our board and executives operate

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

scytheavatar

Established Member
He is smart... he knows he would have the money to get player ... here otherwise...he would be stuck with Xhaka and Douzy

Problem is, Utd buys every player at twice of what they are worth. So I am not sure he's going to get players of quality above that of Xhaka or Guendouzi.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

I'm also highly in favour of Simeone, have wanted him here for years now.

Onto that salary, surely that is a one off? Realistically speaking can Simeone really command that amount of money again, he's kind of hit the jackpot there and must know that if he was too leave his next salary wont be as high as that?

Thierry Henry is also an absolute con man :lol:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
What the hell has happened here, I mean, we clearly could do worse than a club legend like Vieira, but in that sense you could give it to Ljungberg for at least the rest of the season.

He's only impressed so far, is also a club legend, tries to play the Wenger way - what's not to like?

Vieira isn't exactly the 'proven' option you could throw out, if you felt like that's what needed.

Either go by a proven SUCCESSFUL manager or just leave it to Ljungberg now.
Cannot see much more than Vieira's presence that would speak for him - not really impressed with his work as a manager so far.

ChefMan21

To be fair, while Nice is in 14th spot, they're only 5 points from the Top 4. Ligue 1 has a lot of parity this year. And he did guide them to 7th place last season, improving their defensive record from 52 goals to 35. It's also important to understand that Nice isn't a big spending club and they sell their best players (such as Seri and Plea). So they really can't be expected to finish much higher than mid-table.

He drew well-deserved praise during his time at NYCFC, establishing them as an upper tier club with a clear attacking identity that they had lacked before.

While Patrick wouldn't be my first choice for the job, I would have no problem with the hire (if, indeed, there is one). He doesn't have the experience or resume of some candidates, but he would bring a lot of qualities -- including his familiarity with Arsenal and its identity.
What they said. Nice is hardly Liverpool with their resources, let alone the likes of Barcelona, Bayern and now Man City that Pep is managing. He's got Nice still in touch with European qualifying.

Absolutely right on the 14th place thing too - it's a **** argument people use. A momentary glance at the Ligue Un table would show that the difference between third place and 14th place is 6 points. Yes, six. It's not the Premier League where there's clearly better teams and big point gaps. It's actually really close.

Edit: forgot to say that Wenger has endorsed him as a future Arsenal manager. I reckon he's got a reasonable understanding of what it takes to be a successful manager and to manager at Arsenal.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
TBF, this is yet to be seen. We have no idea how he will set the team up to play this evening..

Exactly, but he hasn't done anything wrong yet and he won't have after today.

This forum has proven to have very diverse ideas on pretty much every matter, but as the poll has shown, Vieira is not really part of that.

Speaks volumes when you consider that he's a legend and already has huge support just based on that.

Not hating on Vieira, just feel there's no consistency or game-plan by Raul and co, if you put Vieira in front of Ljungberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal
Top Bottom