• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
This has absolutely nothing to do with his potential ability as a manager but this is amazing.
EMARxx8UcAIfITS

The article was literally about praising Carrick yet it highlights how Arteta was the better player (I mean duh but English bias and all that).
There was a time where Arteta was actually our most important player and probably one of the most underrated in the league.

A lot of Arsenal fans choose to forget that, remembering his latter years with us when he lost his pace (what do you expect from a player who is playing in the EPL at retirement age??)

I proudly bought an Arteta Arsenal kit back in the day.

Gunner-Union

With this season a write off, could see some of the youngsters be given more of a rope. Expanded roles for ESR, Willock etc.

I would like to see ESR in cm role in a midfield of 3 but tbh I worry he will struggle as the other midfielders alongside him would be the usual lot.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

With this season a write off, could see some of the youngsters be given more of a rope. Expanded roles for ESR, Willock etc.

I really disagree with this and keep seeing it everywhere, we're only 7pts off Chelsea who are slipping up here and there and are still in the EL. Yes we have a massive up hill battle but it's certainly not over.

We can still achieve our goals.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I would like to see ESR in cm role in a midfield of 3 but tbh I worry he will struggle as the other midfielders alongside him would be the usual lot.
I'd like him in a slightly advanced midfield three and think he would thrive there under Miki, maybe he's shifted to the wings?

Gunner-Union

I really disagree with this and keep seeing it everywhere, we're only 7pts off Chelsea who are slipping up here and there and are still in the EL. Yes we have a massive up hill battle but it's certainly not over.

It really is wide open isn't it? Seems like any team can best anyone more so this season than before. If we can get some structure and find our best 11 and formation and not constantly change it every game maybe we can put a run together

Steps

Definitely lost full composure after his side bottled it to Toronto FC in the Semis.
I ****ing hate Toronto. Their "fans" confronted a group of our (Columbus Crew) supporters last summer, threw a flare and started a fight. One guy ended up with third degree burns and ended up in hospital. To top it off there were kids with the Crew group, including at least a couple with special needs.

Edit: Found the GoFundMe with more of the story.

Gunner-Union

I'd like him in a slightly advanced midfield three and think he would thrive there under Miki, maybe he's shifted to the wings?

Don’t see him as a winger tbh. To me he’s more a grealish/Maddison type player an attacking g
Midfielder but he also puts the graft in gets back and tackles and he’s 6foot so has good size too

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

See I would agree with this, but the board really bottled this with timing and our upcoming fixture list is quite difficult. I think it's going to take some settling before we really start to see some results and changes.

Our next five,
Everton - A
Bournemouth - A
Chelsea - H
United - H
Crystal Palace - A

Can easily see is drawing 1-2 with no wins and being further down the table...

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I ****ing hate Toronto. Their "fans" confronted a group of our (Columbus Crew) supporters last summer, threw a flare and started a fight. One guy ended up with third degree burns and ended up in hospital. To top it off there were kids with the Crew group, including at least one with special needs.
So I'm from Toronto and I can confidently say some of the "Red Patch Boys" definitely have watched YouTube videos on old firms. Shame, we have a very good supporter group but there's always a few rotten apples.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

This fixture list we have is going to tell us a lot. We play Everton and Bournemouth away and then Chelsea and United. To be in touching distance of the top4 after those games we need to do something quite remarkable when you consider how ****e we have been this season.

I really won't be surprised if we dont win any of those 4 games (unless we get a new manager bounce). If we lets say get like 3-4 points out of those 4 then I personally would write us off for top4 and would be looking at the EL as our only route into the CL

Gunner-Union

I ****ing hate Toronto. Their "fans" confronted a group of our (Columbus Crew) supporters last summer, threw a flare and started a fight. One guy ended up with third degree burns and ended up in hospital. To top it off there were kids with the Crew group, including at least a couple with special needs.

Edit: Found the GoFundMe with more of the story.

Disgusting that this crap still happens ffs.

Steps

So I'm from Toronto and I can confidently say some of the "Red Patch Boys" definitely have watched YouTube videos on old firms. Shame, we have a very good supporter group but there's always a few rotten apples.
Oh, I know it definitely not representative of the entire fan base, but boy was that whole situation awful. There was already bad blood between the clubs.

Also, Michael Bradley is a ****. :lol: He talked **** about Columbus when our "owner" was trying to move us.

Edit: I am so tired of American fans with hard-ons for European "Ultras". They don't seem to grasp the truly...unfortunate history of a lot of those groups. Even now, look at the Italian groups - racism is still rife in some regions. It's nothing to lust after. Nor is the violence that plagued the game.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

@Steps Also, I used to frequent the official Arsenal pub in Toronto in the past and one Gooner I had met there got into with some Chelsea fans in broad day light and was arrested and charged. Some of these lads need to take it easy, I've only ever broken controllers due to Fifa. :facepalm:

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

@Steps Also, I used to frequent the official Arsenal pub in Toronto in the past and one Gooner I had met there got into with some Chelsea fans in broad day light and was arrested and charged. Some of these lads need to take it easy, I've only ever broken controllers due to Fifa. :facepalm:

Who's the girl in your profile pic? Feel like I've already asked.. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom