• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
We aimed for the stars when we fired Wenger, where do you think we have landed?

90fda9400fe0b0d1e81dac6f021bf453.jpg

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
With Arteta done, I really hope there is still a place for Ljungberg. Both of them are at similar stages of their coaching careers (with Ljungberg arguably a tad more experience across age groups and clubs), you can't help but feel for Freddie. He's basically thrown under the bus with no help, and now someone external but in a more heralded position is coming over and take over. Tough.

Doesnt even look like Ljungberg wants it.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Read some reports online that arteta is already discussing transfer targets...if that's true (a big if I know) who do you reckon they would be? I'm calling mangala as one of them as he's worked with him before, he would be cheap and we need a cb. Would love some athletic units to beef up the middle of the park like did I/dacoure/kongdobia or see if edu can find us the new Gilberto with his contacts

giphy.gif

Let’s get our glass bulldog back.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Looking forward to Arteta’s reign. I think it’s a big risk and worry Arteta was picked because he can be their puppet. But hopefully what we hear about his footballing brain is true, he certainly showed it on the pitch. He could be our man.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
What's kinda cool is that 1) this season is already f*cked and 2) there's pretty much no expectation from Arteta

m-due

I don’t mind Arteta at all. We need a fresh start completely. A club in full transition. I don’t know if anyone watched Pep’s recent interview but the body language and the way he answered the questions about Arteta spelled him being uncomfortable with the whole process. Even though he was being diplomatic, the whole vibe screamed about him trying to throw him under the bus.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Will support him and the club regardless, but would have liked to see a more experienced head brought in. Here’s to hoping the money saved goes in the transfer kitty!

Fact is, though, we also need some defenders who can actually defend. 3 managers in and it’s the same old story week in, week out. At some point you’ve got to look at recruitment as well.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Arteta's agenda:

1. Inject some much needed confidence back into the side
2. Kick asses who do not feel like running 90 minutes for the badge
3. Eliminate the acres of space between the defenders and midfielders and overall create a much better and disciplined structure which should make our defenders look like good average again (which they are)
4. Change the football to something beautiful again
5. Get a topclass CB and a topclass CM in the winter and kick any senior player out that isn't commited

This should already bring us back into contention for 3/4 spot in quality (not points)

We are not 4 years away from challenging for top four ffs :lol: - we might be for league title though.

Tony's nose

Arteta's agenda:

1. Inject some much needed confidence back into the side
2. Kick asses who do not feel like running 90 minutes for the badge
3. Eliminate the acres of space between the defenders and midfielders and overall create a much better and disciplined structure which should make our defenders look like good average again (which they are)
4. Change the football to something beautiful again
5. Get a topclass CB and a topclass CM in the winter and kick any senior player out that isn't commited

This should already bring us back into contention for 3/4 spot in quality (not points)

We are not 4 years away from challenging for top four ffs :lol: - we might be for league title though.

Did this come straight out of Narnia, we will be closer to challenging for the championship with our board than the prem title.
The new manager is a small cog of what is wrong with this club

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Did this come straight out of Narnia, we will be closer to challenging for the championship with our board than the prem title.
The new manager is a small cog of what is wrong with this club

Where the **** did I claim we'd be challenging for the title. How hard is it for some people to not invent statements to fit their arguments that never existed ?

My only claim is, which is straight up common sense, that this team, which is basically an improved version of last year's side that was better in the league than Chelsea and Tottenham overall, is without a doubt good enough to be challenging top 4.

If you don't believe in the psychological aspect of the game as being at least 1/3 of your team's performance and cannot acknowledge that the very same side has shown to be capable of playing at that level then there's no ****in need to discuss further as you're plain ignorant.

Same applies to your Arteta judgement as it is fine to be sceptical due to him not having proven his credentials as a head coach, but nothing beyond that, if you don't know what he's capable of either.

Tony's nose

Where the **** did I claim we'd be challenging for the title. How hard is it for some people to not invent statements to fit their arguments that never existed ?

My only claim is, which is straight up common sense, that this team, which is basically an improved version of last year's side that was better in the league than Chelsea and Tottenham overall, is without a doubt good enough to be challenging top 4.

If you don't believe in the psychological aspect of the game as being at least 1/3 of your team's performance and cannot acknowledge that the very same side has shown to be capable of playing at that level then there's no ****in need to discuss further as you're plain ignorant.

Same applies to your Arteta judgement as it is fine to be sceptical due to him not having proven his credentials as a head coach, but nothing beyond that, if you don't know what he's capable of either.

You need to read your very last statement of your post !!
Should climb back into the closet so you can skip to Narnia if you think we may win the league.
Guess you are happy with 4th spot a nearly man.

scytheavatar

Established Member

This is our worst squad in decades, and we came out of the summer transfer window with a weaker squad than what we entered it with. We lost Ramsey, Kos, Monreal, Iwobi, Mhki. Ramsey in particular is a major lost, we were on track for a top 4 finish last season until he got injured. Kos was our best center back upon his return from injury, while Monreal was our best player of the early season until we sold him for no clear reason. And Iwobi and Mkhi are hated by fans, but they are better players than what fans want to admit.

In return we got a left back that is out injured most of the time, a center back that is a sidegrade from Mustafi, a right winger who is Gervinho MKII and a center mid who is basically Madrid's version of Denis Suarez. This is a strong contender for the worst transfer window any major club has had ever, one that is enough to send teams into relegation.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

They'll back him in the winter at least, wonder if we can get one of Leipzig's 3 (!!!!!!) top French centreback prospects in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom