• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
You need to read your very last statement of your post !!
Should climb back into the closet so you can skip to Narnia if you think we may win the league.
Guess you are happy with 4th spot a nearly man.

No I didn't, I said we are away of challenging for the title and most likely this won't change for several years.

I never said we would, only that it most likely would not happen any time soon, more like 4 years + if at all.

Nobody knows **** all about what's going to be in 4 year's time. You are the kind of person that probably laughed off Liverpool for failing on a constant basis until Klopp turned them around within 2 years.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Our squad is not as bad as it‘s made to be under Emery. Attack is great, midfield can be improved with clear instructions/ideas, defense is bad (with a class GK) but could see an improvement with better protection from midfield.

We‘ll see clear improvement without any signings with a top manager. Let‘s hope that Arteta is that man.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
What are our expectations of Arteta, for the next season and a half at least.

Lets assume he gets relatively decent backing over the next three windows.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What are our expectations of Arteta, for the next season and a half at least.

Lets assume he gets relatively decent backing over the next three windows.

Not sure what we could do next year, but as for the rest of this season at least...focus more on attacking (doesn’t have to be perfect, just let us see a structure in how we attack), play more of our young players this season (let’s see if they can cut it for The Arsenal, give them a chance this year) ...and try not to go bald... baby steps this season for Mikel ;)

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Our squad is not as bad as it‘s made to be under Emery. Attack is great, midfield can be improved with clear instructions/ideas, defense is bad (with a class GK) but could see an improvement with better protection from midfield.

We‘ll see clear improvement without any signings with a top manager. Let‘s hope that Arteta is that man.

Arteta has a mammoth job. Our squad is full of dross and his highly imbalanced. Our attack consists of Pepe and Auba. Lacazette has been shocking.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Arteta has a mammoth job. Our squad is full of dross and his highly imbalanced. Our attack consists of Pepe and Auba. Lacazette has been shocking.
I can’t add anything other than you‘ll see. Aubameyang, Lacazette and Pepe are all class players, no matter what has happened this season so far. Last season Aubameyang and Lacazette already proved that they can co-exist and once you add an in form Pepe to that, our attack will be a thing that is going to be feared. That also means an improved defence because they‘ll be tested less, although not by much because we truly lack individual talent there unlike our attack and arguably midfield. Thankfully we also have a top GK who‘s going to bail us out if he is tested less as well.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Just wondering if this viewpoint is based on anything empirical or just hope?

Pretty much every observable metric has pointed to an alarming decline in our performances over the last few seasons, and 99.9% of that is down to the players on the pitch.

I understand these kind of arguments when people talk about quality players who underperform for their national team like with Argentina because there’s proof they’re doing it for their clubs.

But this group? How many are even considered first choice for a strong national team? I honestly think it’s both a lack of direction and a fundamental lack of quality.

CJJ

Established Member
Funny how everyone says our attack is great yet KDB specifically singled out our attack as the primary weakness of our team - and the reason they just battered us 3-0. Getting past our front 4 (AMC included) is too easy.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I can’t add anything other than you‘ll see. Aubameyang, Lacazette and Pepe are all class players, no matter what has happened this season so far. Last season Aubameyang and Lacazette already proved that they can co-exist and once you add an in form Pepe to that, our attack will be a thing that is going to be feared. That also means an improved defence because they‘ll be tested less, although not by much because we truly lack individual talent there unlike our attack and arguably midfield. Thankfully we also have a top GK who‘s going to bail us out if he is tested less as well.

That's the problem, can Laca and Auba exist with Pepe? I don't think you can, there are good reasons why Emery loved to play Mkhi and Iwobi. The value of a playmaking winger who doesn't play like a conventional winger is something fans cannot understand.

Doesn't matter anyway cause IMHO the chances of both Auba and Laca leaving us next summer is extremely high. So don't count on them to be the guys Arteta can rely on to carry his team back to top 4.

Last edited:

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Just wondering if this viewpoint is based on anything empirical or just hope?

Pretty much every observable metric has pointed to an alarming decline in our performances over the last few seasons, and 99.9% of that is down to the players on the pitch.

I understand these kind of arguments when people talk about quality players who underperform for their national team like with Argentina because there’s proof they’re doing it for their clubs.

But this group? How many are even considered first choice for a strong national team? I honestly think it’s both a lack of direction and a fundamental lack of quality.
It is based on the qualities of these players that they have shown in previous seasons and other situations (as you said NT football or just in another club). I don‘t believe for one moment that just the core of Aubameyang, Lacazette, Pepe, Ceballos, Torreira can‘t fight for a top 4, I mean most of them already did it last year without the two additions. We all know Aubameyang, Lacazette was our player of the season (whether you agree with it or, he was at least a top performer), Pepe was outstanding in another situation, Ceballos looks a different player, Torreira as well.

Of course, we have a bunch of holes in the squad but I‘m not saying the new manager should make us title challengers, we are far from that. Top 4 and a EL run? That should be a thing that can be achieved with the players we already have (and later with more additions in the transfer window). It looks bad right now but I believe the right choice in manager can really make a difference.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
That's the problem, can Laca and Auba exist with Pepe? I don't think you can, there are good reasons why Emery loved to play Mkhi and Iwobi. The value of a playmaking winger who doesn't play like a conventional winger is something fans cannot understand.

Doesn't matter anyway cause IMHO the chances of both Auba and Laca leaving us next summer is extremely high. So don't think that they will be the guys Arteta can count on to carry his team.
I think they can and we will see it this season as well but as you said it‘ll be too late then. Aubameyang and Lacazette will be gone but they‘ll fetch quite a high price for us. I don‘t see it as such a bad thing. I can see Pepe stepping up as the main man next season as we build around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom