• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Tbh my only worry with Arteta is how he is going to handle the big stars like Auba, Özil etc.

We all know Özil in particular isn’t good enough and needs to be sent packing. But does Arteta have the authority to handle that? Ljungberg didn’t seem to. And the last thing our new manager would need is Mesut spreading more poison on social media.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Too simplistic. Given the state we're in, even getting 6th could be an achievement.

Turning on a new guy, whoever it is, because he hasn't brought us back into top 4 after no pre season, limited input into transfers and dealing with a group of disinterested players. Realistically this year is a right off.

Just want to see us playing with confidence within a clearly understood structure that suits the players we have.

When we're up for it, we're a dangerous team. Just happens so rarely in last 22 months
I don't see the need to set targets at this stage - every one of us who has watched Arsenal play over the past 3 years will know pretty quickly whether Arteta has improved us

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I would almost guarantee that Arteta will be a failure. This is a terrible choice, I don't see how it could be a good thing in any way.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Tbh my only worry with Arteta is how he is going to handle the big stars like Auba, Özil etc.

We all know Özil in particular isn’t good enough and needs to be sent packing. But does Arteta have the authority to handle that? Ljungberg didn’t seem to. And the last thing our new manager would need is Mesut spreading more poison on social media.

I think Auba will be fine, he's not a sulky type. Özil isn't really helping us and if Arteta thinks the same then I've no doubt he'll be benched or not in the squad at all. I have a feeling Arteta will by ruthless when required, that's something past managers have been lacking.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

You must see how this is a bad choice though? Arteta's only experience is shining Pep's bald head before games, no way he can bring this team to the CL again.

It's a risk I'll give you that. However, as said previous this team needs a good coach and I know it's only what you read on the internet but apparently that is exactly what Arteta is, said by Pep, Poch and Wenger.

I was always against Arteta, but if it's not Poch, Allegri or Jose then let's risk it, I don't mind.

The more I read the more I can see him working.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
It's a risk I'll give you that. However, as said previous this team needs a good coach and I know it's only what you read on the internet but apparently that is exactly what Arteta is, said by Pep, Poch and Wenger.

I was always against Arteta, but if it's not Poch, Allegri or Jose then let's risk it, I don't mind.

The more I read the more I can see him working.

What's the point of being optimistic as an Arsenal fan? Where has it ever got us before? From now I just expect the worst and anything good is a pleasant surprise.

Being a coach and manager are 2 completely different things, it's not that hard to hand out bibs and put out the cones.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Who do you want?

maxresdefault.jpg

My manager. :drool:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
You must see how this is a bad choice though? Arteta's only experience is shining Pep's bald head before games, no way he can bring this team to the CL again.

You've got fair reasons to doubt him and he's never actually shown his talents for the head coach job for the outer world to see, but I hope you as well as anyone else who is against his appointment will give him the same chance to prove his worth as the ArtetaIn brigade gave Emery back then

And with a fair chance we aren't talking about 3 games, but a time patch in which a coach has a actual chance of implementing his ideas and to put them into effect.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

What's the point of being optimistic as an Arsenal fan? Where has it ever got us before? From now I just expect the worst and anything good is a pleasant surprise.

Being a coach and manager are 2 completely different things, it's not that hard to hand out bibs and put out the cones.

Well I think you need more optimism in you life BPP. New era again so may as well be positive about it.

I see you're a 'he put cones out' guy. Have you read into any details about his impact at City or nah? He does seem like he's a very important part. Guess we'll find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom