• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Imo Özil isn't all that bad, I wouldn't be to fussed, if he'd show a bit more energy & help with our defence a bit more he'd be fine imo. That's frustrating about him but otherwise he can be quite good.

At the wages we are paying him, Özil needs to be much better than "isn't all that bad"...... we need to sign new players and it will be difficult if not impossible for us to do that with a 350k per week deadweight hanging on the team.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

At the wages we are paying him, Özil needs to be much better than "isn't all that bad"...... we need to sign new players and it will be difficult if not impossible for us to do that with a 350k per week deadweight hanging on the team.
Every senior player with us unfortunately seem to be the same, it's not just Özil guilty, his wages though your probably right, I see your point. 3/4 of our players need to be putting in a lot more effort unfortunately.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Steve McClaren was a great coach and amazing as Fergie's number 2. I wonder how that went?
He was excellent at Middlesbrough.

Also, Arteta has always been a manager in waiting, this coaching stint with City was part of his development before he eventually took a job, don’t think he’s ever seen himself or become comfortable with being an assistant.

Guys like McLaren and others you felt were legit number 2’s who decided to try their hand at management.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Every senior player with us unfortunately seem to be the same, it's not just Özil guilty, his wages though your probably right, I see your point. 3/4 of our players need to be putting in a lot more effort unfortunately.

It’s not even his wages for me it’s his experience. If you worked in an office with a vacuum of leadership that was full of grads with 10 years less experience than you, it doesn’t matter how much you’ve been paid you should be giving them steer and setting an example.

He’s too meek and timid.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
That's the MLS with Arab billios, lets see them try play that football with Xhaka and Torreira against the quality of PL players.

MLS has a salary and player cap. Can only have on designated (i.e. no salary capped, foreign league player) IIRC.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It’s not even his wages for me it’s his experience. If you worked in an office with a vacuum of leadership that was full of grads with 10 years less experience than you, it doesn’t matter how much you’ve been paid you should be giving them steer and setting an example.

He’s too meek and timid.
He can’t be something he’s not. You talk about leadership vacuum but we have Leno, Sok, Luiz, Bellerin, Xhaka, Auba, Laca etc, and none of these have stood up either.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Any fan on here saying that they are Arteta out or are saying they wont support him need a reality check.

Firstly you are an Arsenal fan. You get behind the team and the manager. You may be against Kronke but you have to support your team and the competition they play in.

Otherwise go follow another sport.

We all know Arsenal are miles behind the top teams. This hasnt happened today or yesterday
This has been the case for a number of reasons over the last years. They have all been discussed we dont need to repeat them.

However as an Arsenal fan it is your job to support Arsenal the club and want the best from whoever puts their head on the chopping block to try to take our club forward.

Most fans are not 9 year olds in the park where if they dont get what they want they will huff and puff. We accept the decisions made and support Arteta. He gave 5 years of his life to Arsenal and whether or not you deemed him good/bad/average he probably has a deep connection to the club and will offer his best. If his best isnt good enough we go again. Who's to say Poch best or Anchelottis best would be good enough.

I would love nothing more than Arteta to turn out to be a great manager. Not because I was very much for him a while back but because it will mean Arsenal is going in the right direction.

Theres some fans on here would rather Arsenal get relegated to say "I told you so" rather than see the club they supposedly love do well.

Arteta will have my full support and as will Arsenal. Theres things and players I'm not happy with but that's beyond my control. Should I stop supporting the team I love. Nope.

Let's rally behind the boys and the manager and try to create a positive atmosphere. Negativity never helped anything in football or any walk of life.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Any fan on here saying that they are Arteta out or are saying they wont support him need a reality check.

Firstly you are an Arsenal fan. You get behind the team and the manager. You may be against Kronke but you have to support your team and the competition they play in.

We all know Arsenal are miles behind the top teams. This hasnt happened today or yesterday
This has been the case for a number of reasons over the last years. They have all been discussed we dont need to repeat them.

However as an Arsenal fan it is your job to support Arsenal the club and want the best from whoever puts their head on the chopping block to try to take our club forward.

Most fans are not 9 year olds in the park where of they dont get what they want they will huff and puff. We accept the decisions made and support Arteta. He gave 5 years of his life to Arsenal and whether or not you deemed him good/bad/average he probably has a deep connection to the club and will offer his best. If his best isnt good enough we go again. Who's to say Poch best or Anchelottis best would be good enough.

I would love nothing more than Arteta to turn out to be a great manager. Not because I was very much for him a while back but because it will mean Arsenal is going in the right direction.

Theres some fans on here would rather Arsenal get relegated to say "I told you so" rather than see the club the supposedly love do well.

Arteta will have my full support and as will Arsenal. Theres things and players I'm not happy with but that's beyond my control. Should I stop supporting the team I love. Nope.

Let's rally behind the boys and the manager and try to create a positive atmosphere. Negativity never helped anything in football or any walk of life.

@BigPoppaPump

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Most fans are not 9 year olds in the park where of they dont get what they want they will huff and puff. We accept the decisions made and support Arteta. He gave 5 years of his life to Arsenal and whether or not you deemed him good/bad/average he probably has a deep connection to the club and will offer his best. If his best isnt good enough we go again. Who's to say Poch best or Anchelottis best would be good enough.

Theres some fans on here would rather Arsenal get relegated to say "I told you so" rather than see the club the supposedly love do well.

People are entitled to an opinion, just like when we hired Emery.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

He’s too meek and timid.
3/4 of our senior players haven't stood up anyway, I'll accept he hasn't but it's the same as a lot of our senior players. Leno, Martinelli, Tierney (when fit) Saka, ESR, Willock are probably only a few of the players that do show enough effort at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom