• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast Incarnate

Any fan on here saying that they are Arteta out or are saying they wont support him need a reality check.

Firstly you are an Arsenal fan. You get behind the team and the manager. You may be against Kronke but you have to support your team and the competition they play in.

Otherwise go follow another sport.

We all know Arsenal are miles behind the top teams. This hasnt happened today or yesterday
This has been the case for a number of reasons over the last years. They have all been discussed we dont need to repeat them.

However as an Arsenal fan it is your job to support Arsenal the club and want the best from whoever puts their head on the chopping block to try to take our club forward.

Most fans are not 9 year olds in the park where if they dont get what they want they will huff and puff. We accept the decisions made and support Arteta. He gave 5 years of his life to Arsenal and whether or not you deemed him good/bad/average he probably has a deep connection to the club and will offer his best. If his best isnt good enough we go again. Who's to say Poch best or Anchelottis best would be good enough.

I would love nothing more than Arteta to turn out to be a great manager. Not because I was very much for him a while back but because it will mean Arsenal is going in the right direction.

Theres some fans on here would rather Arsenal get relegated to say "I told you so" rather than see the club they supposedly love do well.

Arteta will have my full support and as will Arsenal. Theres things and players I'm not happy with but that's beyond my control. Should I stop supporting the team I love. Nope.

Let's rally behind the boys and the manager and try to create a positive atmosphere. Negativity never helped anything in football or any walk of life.

Our fans are so toxic, I do wonder why any player or coach would join us.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

He can’t be something he’s not. You talk about leadership vacuum but we have Leno, Sok, Luiz, Bellerin, Xhaka, Auba, Laca etc, and none of these have stood up either.
Leno has stood up mate, he can't do his complete best if the rest of his backline don't show enough effort.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Now I've accepted it will be Arteta, I've started to look for anything that shows he's not just an assistant who sits next to the manager eg Bould.

The 2nd vid clearly shows him being congratulated by Pep & the other guy, I would imagine whatever happened on the pitch was down to Arteta coaching it in training. Good signs!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's kinda hard trying to think of a team that'd suite Arteta (assuming his approach will be similar to Pep that is) based on our current options.

Leno
Bellerin Chambers Luiz Tierney
Xhaka
Özil Ceballos
Pepe Aubameyang Martinelli
I'd assume that's probably closest to what Arteta's ideal starting XI based on what he has at his disposal. Midfield clearly sticks out as lacking in terms of athleticism but then you don't think that Torreira or Guendouzi could do the job that Arteta would want from his number 6, Guendouzi might be able to do it eventually but now absolutely not. Maybe Willock might be in with a shout as one of the two "free 8's" (again this is only based on what Pep does) due to his athleticism and work rate. ESR also perhaps but I can't see Arteta just throwing all the young lads in, he'll want a bit of experience there as midfield is such a crucial position.

I probably don't need to say much about our CB options, getting one in January is essential. But it'll be difficult to get the right one in someone who's mobile and also good at passing out from the back.

You could argue we need two CB's, Bellerin is also kinda becoming unreliable, maybe a bit harsh to say that but you'd wan an alternative at least. Midfield is tough to say as we'd have to see how our current options do but you could argue a midfielder in the Fernandinho mold (no Torreira isn't it before anyone jumps in) could be required soon. Maybe a proper Özil replacement instead of relying on ESR or Willock to do the job but we'll see how they do.

Team selection is just a small part tho, the team will had to adapt to how Arteta wants them to be in a positional sense, structurally and how they operate in terms of stopping easy transitions and winning the ball back quickly. I.e the 5 second rule. Also not allowing our midfield to be overrun which has been a major problem for us for a long time now. Hence why I believe Arteta will play a 3 man midfield instead of a 2 in a 4-2-3-1.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

AMN could really do with getting some form back in midfield, he's put in exceptional performances there before but lately he's be rubbish wherever he played.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Now I've accepted it will be Arteta, I've started to look for anything that shows he's not just an assistant who sits next to the manager eg Bould.

The 2nd vid clearly shows him being congratulated by Pep & the other guy, I would imagine whatever happened on the pitch was down to Arteta coaching it in training. Good signs!

In the second video he instructed the fullback to start cutting the ball back into a different area of the box because he noticed our defenders were dropping deep towards the goal and leaving the centre of the box open. The fullback did it and they scored.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why would Arteta be with City tonight if things are now so advanced with Arsenal?

Unless it’s like a goodbye game.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We have terrible players in both CB and CM, he won't be able to do anything until he signs replacements. Can't even just focus on what he does with the front 3 because we can't get them the ball.

say yes

forum master baiter

The second vid apparently concerns an adjustment Mikel made in a game against us (Emery’s first game at the club).

He noticed our defence was dropping back too quick / deep to the byline when city were crossing the ball so he told mendy to cut one back to the edge of the box instead. Mendy did that and Bernardo scored.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If this is to work, he’ll need to get rid of some deadwood and bring in reinforcements in January.

I can’t forget how some of the players in our squad treated Unai Emery and how easily they’ve given up at times during the past few months. Xhaka, Torreira, Mustafi and AMN can go in January then we can cash in on Lacazette in the summer.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Remember when Giroud played at Swansea, then instead of travelling back with the squad he went to Chelsea for his medical before joining them? It's like that probably.

Remember when Giroud made it 3-3 vs Bournemouth and instead of trying to get the winner he ran off doing the scorpion kick celebration?

Easily my most hated Arsenal player this decade, followed by Xhaka and Mustafi.

Malky

Established Member
Arteta better be coming here with the assurances the board will back him financially in January. He needs to target a new CB and CM. Possibly selling Auba, if he's not willing to resign.
The season is a write off anyway, may as well let Arteta begin the rebuilding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom