• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenalgo

I wanted Golovin last summer. Think we've missed the boat now. Torreria and Ceballos have very high ceilings in my opinion; at least one of Guendouzi, Willock or ESR should come good over the next couple of seasons. I'd like a midfield boss to come in, somebody who can almost win a game from midfield on a good day (A 2016 Modric, Verrati or Kante). Where do you find that in today's market though?
I feel that Ceballos is just above average

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
What do you guys think of Kalvin Phillips? He looks a solid holding midfielder. I'm telling you the championship and EFL have some good players who could make the step up. I also think Cameron Brannagan (at Oxford currently and formerly at Liverpool) can make the step up.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I feel that Ceballos is just above average

He’s not been used correctly, there’s some things he can do very well in a deeper role but the problem is he needs coaching to stop over dribbling because it kills so many attacks stone dead.

When he releases the ball quickly he’s got such a good range of passing and can also play a good final ball. Being used as an attacking mid brings out his worst traits but in a deeper role with strict instructions he can thrive.

Gunner-Union

Where to start tbh. I agree we should look at championship for players like grealish,Maddison and brooks as we need a created in midfield and we also need a powerhouse in there. Even the creator has to work hard and the powerhouse has to be able to play. All players need contribute and work hard at both sides

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Kamara is a decent midfielder, when I’ve seen Rangers, with Glen in a pivot with Aribo who was decent at Charlton I’ve struggled to see any creativity which was a bit worrying.

Don’t see what he provides over any of our other options if I’m honest, workmanlike but hardly going to take us to the next level.

@bingobob thoughts?

GDeep™

League is very weak
What’s this sudden fascination with Championship players? When did that model work for top PL clubs? Not against it but it’s the long route.

We looked at Mings 3/4 years ago, it’s only now that he looks half decent and the jury is still out. Very rare for players to join a top 6 club from the championship and offer something.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What’s this sudden fascination with Championship players? When did that model work for top PL clubs? Not against it but it’s the long route.

We looked at Mings 3/4 years ago, it’s only now that he looks half decent and the jury is still out. Very rare for players to join a top 6 club from the championship and offer something.

Mings was up and down before he went Bournemouth tbf, never sold on him. Top up and down.

Likes of Maddison and Grealish were Championship ballers, got to cut us a piece of that pie.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member

It's like people want us to play in the ****ing Championship.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Kamara is a decent midfielder, when I’ve seen Rangers, with Glen in a pivot with Aribo who was decent at Charlton I’ve struggled to see any creativity which was a bit worrying.

Don’t see what he provides over any of our other options if I’m honest, workmanlike but hardly going to take us to the next level.

@bingobob thoughts?
He is a decent player looked good at Dundee and much the same at Rangers. He was a good signing by them over the journey men type players they had been signing. A good ball carrier, a good engine and good reading of the game. He has been consistent for Rangers domestically and in Europe and evidently has quality otherwise he wouldnt have came through own academy. Sometimes players just need to leave to grow and he has certainly grew over the years.

For the rumoured price and wages he would be on then I can see the interest but I can also see why we would be looking elsewhere. My impression is he would be grateful to be back and would work his socks off. With decent technique and a bit of ability it could very well work.

Worse case it doesn't and with his low wages we can shift him on.

TornadoTed

Established Member

The last Premiership TV deal has killed internal Premiership transfers, any decent players starts at £50m now. We are in desperate need of 4-5 players and we don't have £200-£300m especially without any Champions League money.

We need to look elsewhere and that means everywhere, abroad and in the Championship.

Goonger

@bingobob thoughts?

They've actually started playing Aribo in the right wing position. The midfield 3 tends to be Davis, Jack & Kamara, and is a more workmanlike midfield, similar to say a Liverpool midfield of Henderson, Milner & Wijinaldum. There isn't a massive amount of creativity or goals from those 3, but similar to Liverpool they act as the engine in their system.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I think everyone looks at Liverpool at the moment and thinks 'signing lower Premiership players is the way to go' but that is only one way. City have been the best team in the Premiership for 2 seasons with very few Premier League signings, only Stones, Sterling, Walker and Mahrez I think, they had to pay top dollar too I may add. Wolves have not made any signings from other Premier League clubs and have assembled a very good squad with £30m as their record transfer.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
If only we could find our very own Kante/Zakaria, guess that one player alone of similar mood would lift us by 1-2 levels.

We've lacked that type of player in forever and if we got someone of sort, he was injury prone as ****.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I think everyone looks at Liverpool at the moment and thinks 'signing lower Premiership players is the way to go' but that is only one way. City have been the best team in the Premiership for 2 seasons with very few Premier League signings, only Stones, Sterling, Walker and Mahrez I think, they had to pay top dollar too I may add. Wolves have not made any signings from other Premier League clubs and have assembled a very good squad with £30m as their record transfer.
I’m not against PL or Championship players. As long as they are as good as these:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Aouar is the only one I would want from that list.
Szoboszlai is so underrated. I don't want slow players in midfield who are not two way.
We need to slow down our play, have full control of the game, be patient, play more beautiful passes and movement before finding the best space, then play a fabulous through pass into that space, and beautifully cut through the defence and score. Like Spain and Guardiola’s Barcelona.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We need to slow down our play, have full control of the game, be patient, play more beautiful passes and movement before finding the best space, playing a fabulous through pass into that space, that beautifully cut through the defence and score. Like Spain and Guardiola’s Barcelona.

You realise we play in England?

We need to speed up our play, invest in two way players who can win the ball back and dribble.

Aouar fits that mould.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom