• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Torreira the best imo
According to the past 3 coaches, Xhaka is undroppable.

As much as I don’t like him, out of the 3 he’s the only one who has any range of passing.

By default he’s the best (sadly).

Manberg

Predator
What’s he being criticised for? During the game I thought he was having a good performance, yet again. Liked that run at the end. Ironically, he finished the game as captain.

Manberg

Predator
I had to go check whether this Xhaka criticism is only an Arsenal Mania thing or if all gooners see it that way. I watched some AFTV videos..... some people were naming Xhaka as man of the match!
Clearly you people on here have an agenda against Xhaka.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka is only good when we are dominant and when our press is working so we win it back quickly. If we are under pressure, or the game is end to end, or our forwards can't hold the ball, he basically useless.

He can't tackle cleanly.
He can't track a runner if they run past him.
He can't receive and turn.
He can't dribble.

And the massive red flag is that if he has space to run into with the ball he tries to buy a foul instead of driving forward. He literally sticks his arse out and falls to the ground like it's an accomplishment.

I'm sick of the technical level of our players.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
And the massive red flag is that if he has space to run into with the ball he tries to buy a foul instead of driving forward. He literally sticks his arse out and falls to the ground like it's an accomplishment.
TBF, Douzi does the same thing and he is here to provide some competition for Xhaka.
Now, if we check for more technical alternatives, we only have Ceballos but I don't want to start this discussion again as both managers and fans are comfortable with what they have on the pitch.
Since the day Xhaka was brought in, he only played because we didn't bother to bring in someone better and not because he is some top quality player.

We need to survive for 2-3 more seasons until we clear all the mess that Gazidis and Wenger left before they were fired

GoonerJay24

I said Giroud and Laca have good hold up play, a different kind of on the ball strength that the players you mentioned don’t have. Auba can dribble and can shoot very well, two different on the ball strengths. Ramsey I thought has it all, he’s even better than Nasri on the ball. Ramsey’s an elite all rounded player, the kind we’re lacking right now.

I love Ramsey, but that is foolishness mate.

Nasri was arguably the most talented player of Wenger era, just lacked mentality and attitude

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Yep, any criticism of Xhaka is an agenda. He is perfect. Better than Vieira on his prime.

He isn't.

At the same time he isn't the worst player we've ever had, he isn't the reason we're in this position, has put in plenty of good performances (not just 6/10 is his best), has lots of qualities, and most of all isn't immediatly solely responsible when the performance is not perfect.

Saying we need to upgrade is fine and all (and we all know he has his flaws), but scapegoating him for results even when he puts in decent performances isn't.

Last edited:

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Xhaka is only good when we are dominant and when our press is working so we win it back quickly. If we are under pressure, or the game is end to end, or our forwards can't hold the ball, he basically useless.

He can't tackle cleanly.
He can't track a runner if they run past him.
He can't receive and turn.
He can't dribble.

I'm sick of the technical level of our players.

Excellent post.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If you're going to tell me that Xhaka wasnt our weak link in midfield in that first half then I just dont know.

Luiz stepped into DLP from defence and embarassed Xhaka. Made him look like a side ***** by the way he commanded possession and played progressive balls.

But apparently we should put up with all Xhaka's weaknesses for when he occasionally does it well.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I said it before and it's more obvious now, but we need Xhaka as much as we need to replace him. His passing, leadership and experience is clearly valued but his lack of speed, dribbling and technical quality on the ball can kill us so often. Don't forget his idiocy.

I also think a guy like Torreira has a lot more room for improvement than Xhaka.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I said it before and it's more obvious now, but we need Xhaka as much as we need to replace him. His passing, leadership and experience is clearly valued but his lack of speed, dribbling and technical quality on the ball can kill us so often. Don't forget his idiocy.

I also think a guy like Torreira has a lot more room for improvement than Xhaka.
I feel like a different type of player would help Torreira improve. I think a powerful box to box player would offer more right now. Xhaka was a good idea but he just hasnt worked out, sell him in the summer and move on.

The same goes for Özil. Imo both Özil and Xhaka in the midfield makes it so hard to control games when they're tight, theres not enough link up play, athleticism or movement off the ball.

After CB, midfield is our biggest concern in the summer. I hope Auba stays so we dont have to worry about the attack.

Kysus

Arsenal-mania always with their ridiculous desire for that "powerful box to box player"

Box to box is the past, in the modern game the whole team works as an unit and someone running around like a headless chicken is not wanted.

Despite what some people might claim xhaka is an intelligent player who admittedly sometimes loses concentration but overall makes the team better as a whole.
That's obviously the reason why top coaches like Wenger and Arteta value him so much. They see the bigger picture.

LG10

Arsenal-mania always with their ridiculous desire for that "powerful box to box player"

Box to box is the past, in the modern game the whole team works as an unit and someone running around like a headless chicken is not wanted.

Despite what some people might claim xhaka is an intelligent player who admittedly sometimes loses concentration but overall makes the team better as a whole.
That's obviously the reason why top coaches like Wenger and Arteta value him so much. They see the bigger picture.
Power is needed more than ever in midfield, look at Liverpool. All about transitions now. If anything it’s the regista that’s dying out, teams now want their dm to be able to dribble and avoid the press. It’s fine to have xhaka but our midfield definitely needs more power, it’s very easy to bully us.

Kysus

Athleticism has become more and more important yes but that's not "Power"
Intelligence is still the most important trait in CM as you are the centre of the whole unit. The best CM's therfore don't need to be physically elite see
Arteta, Xavi, Xabi Alonso, Pirlo, Fernandinho etc etc

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Athleticism has become more and more important yes but that's not "Power"
Intelligence is still the most important trait in CM as you are the centre of the whole unit. The best CM's therfore don't need to be physically elite see
Arteta, Xavi, Xabi Alonso, Pirlo, Fernandinho etc etc
And if I was bothered I would list some word class athletic/powerful midfielders over the years

What is your point? Fact is our midfield lacks movement and legs, we don’t have runners (with our without the ball) it’s clearly too static

If Xhaka was anywhere near as good as the people you listed (barring arteta) then his deficiencies would be worth it but he’s not and he has proven he won’t be in an Arsenal shirt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom