• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
He won‘t be able to displace Luiz as our left sided CB, so I don‘t see him having an impact at all, negative nor positive. A bit like the rest of Don Raul‘s loan deals.

My prediction is that he goes back in the summer and no one ever hears of him again.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
A lot of people saying it's a good deal but was the figure not around 8-9m to buy him permanently?

If the loan is 5m for basically 4 months of football, plus his wages this isnt a good deal at all. Unless he is an instant success and we can buy him by simply paying another 4-5m.

If he turns out to be crap or doesnt play much that's 5m and wages down the drain.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

He’s been brought in as cover that’s all. Loan fees are chumps change. Also don’t think we can loan another player unless Ceballos leaves right?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He’s been brought in as cover that’s all. Loan fees are chumps change. Also don’t think we can loan another player unless Ceballos leaves right?

€5m euro loan fee for 4 months is not chump change, especially for a 3rd/4th choice CB. As a comparison Dennis Suarez was only a €2.5m loan fee. I think they keep him if they like what they see, especially because they’d only have to pay another €5m.

We can loan more players as well. There’s only a limit on how many premier league players you can loan.

Last edited:

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Both are left sided CB’s. He will be competing with Luiz unless Arteta goes with 3 at the back, which I hope he doesn‘t, considering how much better defensively we look now.
True, but I think in possession the pair could be a weapon.

Papa is a good defender but limited on the ball.

Let's see.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Me inspecting every Ornstein tweet because of @say yes

giphy.gif

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I have a soft spot for hidden gems that turn out to be great value. He's definitely 'hidden' given his less than illustrious career thusfar, but that also makes it quite uncertain whether he can do a job. It would be good to finally add a left-footed CB to the squad, we're terribly unbalanced at CB at the moment.

Has Arteta worked with him? That would give me more confidence about him slotting in.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So raul got what he wanted. Hopefully we get him for quick and play him so we'll know if he'll be useful for us in future.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
A lot of people saying it's a good deal but was the figure not around 8-9m to buy him permanently?

If the loan is 5m for basically 4 months of football, plus his wages this isnt a good deal at all. Unless he is an instant success and we can buy him by simply paying another 4-5m.

If he turns out to be crap or doesnt play much that's 5m and wages down the drain.

And with an obligation that's more than 10m down the train + place in the squad if he turns out Not good enough.

So whats better? Losing about 5m or Losing more than 10m?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
And with an obligation that's more than 10m down the train + place in the squad if he turns out Not good enough.

So whats better? Losing about 5m or Losing more than 10m?

Because if our scouts have done their homework properly surely they see he has the qualities to at least be a squad player.

To pay half of a transfer fee for 4 months is abit desperate. Almost like we need you, we dont think your that good otherwise we would pay the 4m more to buy you outright.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Both are left sided CB’s. He will be competing with Luiz unless Arteta goes with 3 at the back, which I hope he doesn‘t, considering how much better defensively we look now.
Luiz is right-footed though, only playing there because we don't have left-footed CB’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom