• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Preacher

Always Crying
Arsenal have had just 60 shots in the Premier League since Mikel Arteta was appointed - the joint-fewest in the Premier League alongside Crystal Palace.

Emery probably was the same, only then we conceded a lot of shots also.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just a ‘promising rookie’ for me until he proves otherwise. Said he was unlucky at first but he’s had enough games now.

Substitutions make no sense either.

Dammit

Don't know what people are expecting from Arteta. Zero pre-season. The two signings he has been given are barely average footballers. There is not a lot he can do specially when confidence in whole squad is broken.

Only thing I criticize him today is picking Lacazette aka worst signing in history of the club!

Hopefully the break will be useful!
Please take a look at Leicester last season, Rogers transformed them mid league. They also got results.

Please take a look at Leicester last season, Rogers transformed them mid league. They also got results.

Apples and oranges. Leicester is not a squad full of prima donnas and poor mentally players. I mean look at Xhaka as our captain. One of the worst captain run in history of the sport. That is a captain our other weak mentally players chose to lead them. :lol:

Dammit

Leicester were a good team just not playing for Puel, good players, good mentality, good owners, top recruitment etc.

Arsenal is a mess, everything is wrong.
He has had enough time to establish us as a team at least to be be able to win a few games.

I haven't got an issue with Arteta picking him. Should have got him off a hell of a lot quicker though. Like 20 minutes earlier.

I think the problem was it was our last sub... Maybe he should have sub Laca instead of Özil. Its difficult. I don't think both should be starting at same time because it feels, specially in away games they both will have to come off in second half.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Maybe only issue with him is his subs taking far too long. He saw the performance was not improved in 2nd half he waited until 70 min to get willock on

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
He has had enough time to establish us as a team at least to be be able to win a few games.
He has though, there are just really fine margins at this level: Laca missing a great chance in the 2nd half at Palace, Pepe being denied a clear penalty against Sheffield 1-0 up and Auba/Laca missing chances you'd expect them to score. Where Emery was getting a lot luck last season, Arteta has had none at all so far.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Too slow with subs, wrong selections etc. He has done well but hopefully he can learn from mistakes so far.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
He chose the strikers! I really hoped he'd have the balls to drop Laca and go Martinelli Auba Pepe, very disappointed that he didn't.
I don't think choosing those players was the issue, their finishing was just poor today. That's on the players themselves imo, Arteta can't stick the ball in the net for them.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Emery was actually getting points at least and apparently there was no improvement..

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom