• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Victor Osimhen

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We could do if we lose a striker or two.
Possibly, but we'll then have 3 young CFs all vying for first team football. We'll have to sell one of them, and I don't want to lose either Martinelli or Nketiah. We should try and get someone a bit older.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Possibly, but we'll then have 3 young CFs all vying for first team football. We'll have to sell one of them, and I don't want to lose either Martinelli or Nketiah. We should try and get someone a bit older.
Yeh I agree with that, but at the same time it looks like there aren't many established more experienced players around. Maybe Milik? But I'm not so sure if he suits us. Havent watched him much at all.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeh I agree with that, but at the same time it looks like there aren't many established more experienced players around. Maybe Milik? But I'm not so sure if he suits us. Havent watched him much at all.
If we're actually losing Auba and Laca, we should be all over Cavani IMO. Yeah, he's old but he still scores a lot.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If we're actually losing Auba and Laca, we should be all over Cavani IMO. Yeah, he's old but he still scores a lot.
I get where you're coming from but he is 33. I doubt he would accept a 1 or 2 year deal, he probably wants something longer now hes a free agent.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Love Cavani but wouldn’t it be a massive risk to tie up those wages and fees to a 33 y/o who has never played in the PL...

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
[
I get where you're coming from but he is 33. I doubt he would accept a 1 or 2 year deal, he probably wants something longer now hes a free agent.
Love Cavani but wouldn’t it be a massive risk to tie up those wages and fees to a 33 y/o who has never played in the PL...
It is a gamble for sure but for me, the alternative is Martinelli and Nketiah by themselves. I mean, I'd be all for that, but would you? Because I think it would be a bit overkill to bring another young striker to replace Auba and Laca when we have those two - as well as TJJ and Balogun behind them aswell who are also extremely promising. We're stacked with young strikers.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
[

It is a gamble for sure but for me, the alternative is Martinelli and Nketiah by themselves. I mean, I'd be all for that, but would you? Because I think it would be a bit overkill to bring another young striker to replace Auba and Laca when we have those two - as well as TJJ and Balogun behind them aswell who are also extremely promising. We're stacked with young strikers.
Yeh I'm defo against Eddie + Martinelli. It would be wrong of us to place expectation on them to score a lot of goals. Im beginning to think we should just keep Auba and let him go for free when his contract expires (if we dont get good enough offers). Maybe Eddie or Marti will step up in the coming next season ready for when Auba goes (or Pepe will start getting more numbers and we can share the burden)

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
The few times I've seen him play (a.o. against Ajax) he hasn't really impressed me. But I don't want to write him off necessarily. Do wonder what it his qualities are according to the people that are excited by this link.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

He's 33, free agent or not if you're 33 who's gonna give you more than a 1 or 2 year deal? No top club would give him that.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
[

I'd also love to give Martinelli and Nketiah minutes and hopefully they can thrive, but i'm afraid I don't share your optimism. Martinelli I have a good feeling about, Nketiah i'm still doubtful. Ever since Benik Afobe I've lost trust in strikers coming from our academy, I just assume no matter how good they were at youth level they won't make the grade here.

Hopefully Nketiah can prove me wrong.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom