• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

The only way to even compete next year

Out:
Luiz
Chambers/Holding
Sokratis
Torreira
Elneny
Mkhy
AMN
Aubameyang
Lacazette
~£120M (sell some very cut price and even pay their wages to get them out the door)

In:
Gabriel/Ake/Upamecano
Bogle
Partey
Edouard
Grealish
~£180m

Leno
Bellerin Saliba Upa/Ake/Gab Tierney
Partey Xhaka Grealish
Pepe Edouard Saka

Martinez
Bogle Chambers Mari Kolasinac
Guendouzi Willock
Nelson Özil Martinelli
Nketiah

Loan ESR
Like this but ideally we’d be able to loan Nelson and Willock as well so they get consistent first team football (hopefully). Would require more signings though and not sure how to fit that in. Maybe drop Grealish and use that money to buy two players and then loan in someone

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Expense doesn't bother me. Age doesnt bother me either. Weve Saliba coming in who is young and weve plenty of young players in other areas.

Koulibaly is the best out there and he has lots of suitors. You go get him as a statement of intent.

Far too error prone to be considered a top CB or a signing that shows intent:

Last edited:

Bloodbather

Established Member

In

Jayden Bogle
Malang Sarr
Nathan Aké
Thomas Partey
Houssem Aouar or Jack Grealish

Out

David Luiz
Granit Xhaka
Mesut Özil
Alexandre Lacazette
Mohamed Elneny
Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Rob Holding

Leno
Bellerin Saliba Aké Tierney
Thomas Torreira Aouar
Pépé Aubameyang Saka

Martinez
Bogle Sokratis Sarr Kolasinac
Willock Guendouzi Smith-Rowe
Nelson Nketiah Martinelli

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
I think we should look to move on Bellerin, one of xhaka or Torreira, and lacazette this summer. Could get around £100m for the three of them.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Far too error prone to be considered a top CB or a signing that shows intent:

defender makes mistakes shocker.

Wanted by Liverpool, United and Chelsea I'd say signing him ahead of them would be a statement signing.

Harry Hunter

Koulibaly is the perfect partner for Saliba, experienced(but actually good unlike Luiz), both ****ing massive and decently quick, Koulibaly prefers to play on the left side of defence despite being right footed, can speak French and his aggressive playstyle which leads to the mistakes you were talking about wouldn’t be much of a problem as he would be next to to Saliba who is a very composed defender and rarely ever dives into tackles preferring to win the ball whilst standing up.

Nvm Napoli want £90m for him

ChefMan21

My wishlist has changed a fair bit in a lot of ways. 3-3.5 season timeframe for signings.

Ins:
  • Central defenders: Skriniar (right footed) or Romagnoli (left footed), Saliba (coming), and Lascelles (proven in the league)
  • Central midfield: Tonali (looks like Pirlo), Puig (looks like Iniesta), Ruben Neves (proven), Foden (proven to a point)
  • Goalkeeper: Lafont (backup to Leno and has some talent)
Outs:
  • bums, lazy players, salary thieves, end of careerers looking for a final big payday but in rapid decline.
Be bold and ambitious as a club, because it gets people interested, and it gets players interested.

Last edited:

Gunner-Union

In boggle, ake, bosouma, sozoboszlai, edourd,
Also would like a fast direct left winger.

out
Sok, Luiz, mustafi,
Xhaka, amn, Özil, lucas

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Bennacer should already be here. Still fuming about that one.

True dat, I always liked him. But if both Torreira and Xhaka are dispensable and can be used as a makeweight (I think Milan would welcome both tbh) plus a bit of money, then you can rectify the mistake we made last summer by not exercising the buy-back.

Question is: is Bennacer good enough to cut off pursuing Partey? Is he good enough to build around? I like his profile and his stats are excellent, but it's not like I watch Milan every week so I can't say.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Pre covid, I saw the likes of Douglas Costa, Koulibaly, Kroos, Werner and Cavani as semi-realistic signings.

Now, I'd be buzzing with Lewis Dunk, McGinn, Fraser and M.Dembele.

We are so ****.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Time for a smart rebuild.

Sell the high earners and deadwood. Keep the two leaders (Xhaka & Luiz) and Auba if he wants to stay, if he doesn't sell quickly.

---------Leno
Atal Saliba Luiz Tierney
---------Xhaka
---Partey Grealish
Pepe Aubameyang** Saka

** If Aubameyang is sold, i wouldn't mind someone like Ings getting 70 minutes and Martinelli the rest of the game to gain more experience. Or an older striker who could give us a year or two while MArtinelli gets up to speed, someone like Illicic or Duvan Zapata from Atalanta.

Positives:

- Full backs have pace and want to attack. This is vital in modern football.

- Midfield three is well balanced, all can defend, all can attack. There is a nice blend there. Saka and Grealish can interchange throughout the game.

No reason why this can't be affordable if we can shift Özil, Lazazette, (Auba), Mkhitaryan, Chambers, Sokratis, Holding, Bellerin, Willock, Nketiah, Elneny.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom