• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Like a real young millionaire should.

Don't get why to be likeable as a footballer you have to reject the privileged life you've worked hard to earn.:lol:
Look at Ronaldo's career vs Ronaldinho. The latter was clearly more talented than the former, but pissed away his career due to drugs, women and partying. Not saying you can't enjoy yourself as a millionaire superstar, but there's plenty of time for that after your career. Obviously it's his money, he can do whatever he wants with it, but for the sake of his career he needs to maintain this level of professionalism.

He's an archetypal Pep player if you ask me. Professionalism and dedication. You can't ask for more from a clearly talented player.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Look at Ronaldo's career vs Ronaldinho. The latter was clearly more talented than the former, but pissed away his career due to drugs, women and partying. Not saying you can't enjoy yourself as a millionaire superstar, but there's plenty of time for that after your career. Obviously it's his money, he can do whatever he wants with it, but for the sake of his career he needs to maintain this level of professionalism.

He's an archetypal Pep player if you ask me. Professionalism and dedication. You can't ask for more from a clearly talented player.

Players like Ronaldinho are extreme examples though. That's the kind of player whose indulgence becomes a hinderance because they're reckless with it. That doesn't mean indulging in fun activities as a young adult with money necessarily makes you undisciplined, or staying out of such stuff is the only way to succeed.

Work ethic is something to be praised, but I don't think we should hold it as a standard where a person's job is the only thing that defines their lives as a person. I don't think you can lead a very fulfilling life when that's the case - you might look back in the future and regret not having done more with your opportunities.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Players like Ronaldinho are extreme examples though. That's the kind of player whose indulgence becomes a hinderance because they're reckless with it. That doesn't mean indulging in fun activities as a young adult with money necessarily makes you undisciplined, or staying out of such stuff is the only way to succeed.

Work ethic is something to be praised, but I don't think we should hold it as a standard where a person's job is the only thing that defines their lives as a person. I don't think you can lead a very fulfilling life when that's the case - you might look back in the future and regret not having done more with your opportunities.
I'm not saying he should become a monk. I'm saying he can enjoy his life as young adult and still maintain a high professional standard. There are footballers like Milner, Ronaldo and many others who don't engage in drugs, partying and women because they want to maintain a high level.

I like his attitude and commitment. Look at Guendouzi, he's here five minutes and he's already thinking he's made it

Last edited:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Give it six months and hell be popping Dom P at Hakkassan surrounded by insta models like best of ‘em.
No.

Soon Tierney will return to vacation at whatever village he came from in Scotland. He will run into a shy girl named Aileen who used to go to the same school as he did. They will reminisce about the times when young Kieran and Aileen used to walk 5 miles to get groceries for Aileen’s grandmother. And their feelings for each other will grow stronger and stronger over the summer.

3 months later they will be married and Aileen will be living with Kieran in grand London. Kieran will set the table while Aileen cooks. They will do the dishes together. They will have two kids a boy and a girl named Kieran jr. and Isla. Kieran will introduce them to the Arsenal fans at the celebration of the first of five premier league title wins during Kieran’s stay at Arsenal. He is the captain now, proud and fierce, his dreams all fulfilled, like ours are too.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
No.

Soon Tierney will return to vacation at whatever village he came from in Scotland. He will run into a shy girl named Aileen who used to go to the same school as he did. They will reminisce about the times when young Kieran and Aileen used to walk 5 miles to get groceries for Aileen’s grandmother. And their feelings for each other will grow stronger and stronger over the summer.

3 months later they will be married and Aileen will be living with Kieran in grand London. Kieran will set the table while Aileen cooks. They will do the dishes together. They will have two kids a boy and a girl named Kieran jr. and Isla. Kieran will introduce them to the Arsenal fans at the celebration of the first of five premier league title wins during Kieran’s stay at Arsenal. He is the captain now, proud and fierce, his dreams all fulfilled, like ours are too.

Love this.

0mKXcg1.gif

balthazar

Gotta love this young man. The first thing he did after earning real money was to buy his parents a house. His mom used to work three jobs to make ends meet, so I believe he will grab this chance at Arsenal with two hands. Nice interview below.

Zazu

Depends what you mean by Arsenal standard, if you wanna challenge Liverpool and Man City for the title then perhaps you need better, but they guys will cost £100m+.

I personally wouldn't swap McGregor for any current Arsenal midfielders.

Out of the Celtic squad I'd much rather see Ajer at Arsenal than McGregor - still so young for a defender, has plenty of European experience and has all the raw attributes to become a world class ball playing CB.

I rate McGregor and think he could shine in the prem for a mid-table club, but think the boat has sailed for him making it at side aiming for the top 4.

Would be a different story if he was younger but he's already 27, needed to have gone to a higher quality league at a younger age to fully reach his potential IMO, instead of strolling through games against St Mirren and Hamilton week in week out.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

The real ones saw it when he was 17 at Celtic...just sayin' ;-)

Told these lot a while ago that Robertson was the Poundland Tierney. As soon as he broke through at Celtic you knew he was going to be special. There's plenty up here that rate him above Robertson including yours truly. That's never wavered. It's just Robertson has had more exposure and is higher profile.

sdotzdot

Established Member
This guy is quickly becoming my favourite player. The lack of players like him nowadays reminds me of one of the reasons I lost an interest in football.

Another being, of course, that we’re ****. Come on Mikel do your magic :drool:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Like a real young millionaire should.

Don't get why to be likeable as a footballer you have to reject the privileged life you've worked hard to earn.:lol:

I think that is a fair point. Even Perry Groves was aspiring to the jetset lifestyle.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Out of the Celtic squad I'd much rather see Ajer at Arsenal than McGregor - still so young for a defender, has plenty of European experience and has all the raw attributes to become a world class ball playing CB..

I saw Ajer a few times when he played for Start IK here in Norway. Never quite understood what the fuss was about then, but he has improved massively in Scotland.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah work ethic and likeability aren’t really the same thing. No one works harder than Ronaldo but after recent events can hardly call him likeable. :lol:

Footballers in nightclubs can be a problem if they’re drinking loads and getting no sleep but most these days probably just sit in VIP, do balloons and lipse a few girls so not that deep.

If anything it looks pretty boring, can’t get off your nut or go mad on the dance floor because of all the people with their phones out non stop. Have to sit in some cordoned off room while your hangers on pick out some girl desperate to sit in VIP from the crowds.

Hooplehead

Out of the Celtic squad I'd much rather see Ajer at Arsenal than McGregor - still so young for a defender, has plenty of European experience and has all the raw attributes to become a world class ball playing CB.

I rate McGregor and think he could shine in the prem for a mid-table club, but think the boat has sailed for him making it at side aiming for the top 4.

Would be a different story if he was younger but he's already 27, needed to have gone to a higher quality league at a younger age to fully reach his potential IMO, instead of strolling through games against St Mirren and Hamilton week in week out.
Ajer has huge potential, all the attributes to be a top player, but he's very rash and prone to reckless decisions, I'd be concerned about his temperament if he moved at this stage, he's a couple of seasons away from being a reliable top centre back.

For me McGregor is Scotland's best midfielder since Paul McStay, people are high on Mctomminay and McGinn right now but McGregor is always the go to guy for managers coz he is such an intelligent footballer who can take the ball under pressure and pick the right pass, his dribbling is as good as most wingers, his finishing is fantastic and he also does the dirty work defensively, pair that with a incredible workrate and the ability to play 90mins 70+ times a season and you have the absolute heartbeat of a team, as you can tell I have a raging hard-on for him and have viewed him as out most important player for years now even in teams that included Moussa Dembele, Tierney and now Odsonne Edouard.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ajer has huge potential, all the attributes to be a top player, but he's very rash and prone to reckless decisions, I'd be concerned about his temperament if he moved at this stage, he's a couple of seasons away years from being a reliable top centre back.

For me McGregor is Scotland's best midfielder since Paul McStay, people are high on Mctomminay and McGinn right now but McGregor is always the go to guy for managers coz he is such an intelligent footballer who can take the ball under pressure and pick the right pass, his dribbling is as good as most wingers, his finishing is fantastic and he also does the dirty work defensively, pair that with a incredible workrate and the ability to play 90mins 70+ times a season and you have the absolute heartbeat of a team, as you can tell I have a raging hard-on for him and have viewed him as out most important player for years now even in teams that included Moussa Dembele, Tierney and now Odsonne Edouard.

Remember watching Ajer in the cup final against Rangers and he was absolutely shocking.

So many basic errors even if he is built like a brick sh*t house. Your young RB looks quality whenever I’ve seen him, electric going forwards.

Hooplehead

Remember watching Ajer in the cup final against Rangers and he was absolutely shocking.

So many basic errors even if he is built like a brick sh*t house. Your young RB looks quality whenever I’ve seen him, electric going forwards.
He was abysmal in that game, but then again most of the team had a shocker, Ajer is an emotional player, it's a strength and weakness, if he can be coached properly he could be a top tier player.

Frimpong at rb was a revelation last season, unbelievable turn of pace and literally has Messi like center of gravity, was bought as one for the future but due to injuries he got a chance and has now jumped the queue, he's had a similar season to Saka for Arsenal, not convinced he'll remain a RB coz he's a shortarse.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think if you're truly dedicated then these are the things you do. You resist temptation and focus on your career. really it's what from 12 to 35? during the off season and after youve retired do what you wish.
If Tierney had a Louis Vuitton bag instead of a Tesco one and was occasionally seen at a nightclub people would think less of him.

The reality is you can do that stuff within reason and still be dedicated to your craft.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If Tierney had a Louis Vuitton bag instead of a Tesco one and was occasionally seen at a nightclub people would think less of him.

The reality is you can do that stuff within reason and still be dedicated to your craft.

I’ve always thought there’s other suspect reasons for players‘ “likeability”.

I’d love to know why Aubameyang was viewed as a dressing room cancer at Dortmund but heard nothing here.

Also why is Paul Pogba constantly dug out despite being a World Cup winner? Because he has an Instagram account? I have my theories but that’s for another time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom