• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunners1616

Goodness me.
Time to stop mentioning this guy everytime we lose a game to a minnow. Even if he was a potential solution, he's only.got a year left. Time to find the next, modern Özil that can unpick defences but also score goals and track back and win the ball.

Well the thruth is that a good coach should find a way to utilizes all his squad. Especially when it comes to a guy earning 350K£ per week. The same goes for Guendouzi.

They should not be completely cut from the team. Even if the goal is to sell them ASAP, you play them to increase their value. And now that we have 5 changes Arteta could have easily used them more.

It's not 0 or 100. Is Özil still good enough to be starting week in week out ? No. Is he good enough to play 20 minutes when needed or start again week sides like Villa ? Yes.

In matches when we need to press like crazy he is not the right player but when we dominate and we need to create chances just play him until we get a better player.

If Guendouzi and Özil have attitude problem with Arteta he should find solutions. You can't just bin indefinitely any player with character or behavioral issues.

Last edited:

GunnerShy

Well the thruth is that a good coach should find a way to utilizes all his squad. Especially when it comes to a guy earning 350K£ per week. The same goes for Guendouzi.

They should not be completely cut from the team. Even if the goal is to sell them ASAP, you play them to increase their value. And now that we have 5 changes Arteta could have easily used them more.

It's not 0 or 100. Is Özil still good enough to be starting week in week out ? No. Is he good enough to play 20 minutes when needed or start again week sides like Villa ? Yes.

In matches when we need to press like crazy he is not the right player but when we dominate and we need to create chances just play him until we get a better player.

If Guendouzi and Özil have attitude problem with Arteta he should find solutions. You can't just bin indefinitely any player with character or behavioral issues.

I disagree totally. Guendouzi is the victim of a cultural reset. He is also the victim of being a mediocre footballer. Why should he have started ahead of Torreira?

He won't apologise or show contrition for his, frankly, disgraceful behaviour at Brighton. Arteta's approach is entirely reasonable. I think it's fantastic. Your idea"well the truth is that a good coach should find a way to utilizes all his squad"
Is just your opinion and ignores the fact that good coaches all around the world freeze players out of squads often before shipping them on.

As for Özil, he hasn't been a 90minite player for years and he hasn't played football for what, 4 months? He's never going to get through the Villa game. Could he have come on in the last 10 minutes and made a difference? Possibly, but his form this season would suggest not, and short of match fitness it's even more unlikely.

My point is, look forwards not back. Arteta wants to look to the bench and see a group of hungry footballers who want to make a difference, not a bloke whose fire went out seasons ago and who is now collecting a paycheck.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I’d like to see how they’d react if he got his massive d!ck out and started swinging it wildly. My guess is they’d cower and plead ‘please daddy Raul, don’t beat us with your giant wang!’.
I’m impartial to Raul as time will tell but this definitely made me laugh. Cheers.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

You think it will stop once Özil goes?
I think it started to end once Arteta walked through the door. Özil made use of the laxness especially under Wenger, but it doesn’t start or stop with him.

I think we can all agree that more discipline and accountability for the players is much needed and something we all should applaud.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why you so protective over your daddy Raul anyway? We’ve been horrendous under his stewardship.

It’s not like we owe him anything. He’s been crap since he’s took charge of the club.
From 2014-2018 the old regime sign a lot of players, only Alexis and Auba were successes. The rest were bums.

Since the new regime came in, they've sign a lot of bums, granted. But they've also made some fantastic signings Martinelli, Leno, Saliba, Tierney. The jury is still out on Pepe. But he could turn out to be a top signing.

So yes, Raul has better of signings than than Wenger in a short period of time.

If you don't believe our transfer have improved in the last couple of years, then I was right about you.

You really do have it in for Raul. Ignore the grudge and look at things objectively

GDeep™

League is very weak
From 2014-2018 the old regime sign a lot of players, only Alexis and Auba were successes. The rest were bums.

Since the new regime came in, they've sign a lot of bums, granted. But they've also made some fantastic signings Martinelli, Leno, Saliba, Tierney. The jury is still out on Pepe. But he could turn out to be a top signing.

So yes, Raul has better of signings than than Wenger in a short period of time.

If you don't believe our transfer have improved in the last couple of years, then I was right about you.

You really do have it in for Raul. Ignore the grudge and look at things objectively
Wenger was signing Özil, Sanchez, Santi, Monreal, Auba, Lacazette etc, a few years before leaving, what you talking about?

Other than Tierney, Raul has signed trash.

Wenger made a few mistakes, like Mustafi, but it’s normal for managers to get a certain amount of deals wrong.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Özil no longer has any value for us in the transfer market for us to even increase his value in the first place.

Even if he plays 50 games a season, no one is going to take him off our hands.

Even in the hypothetical scenario where he gets a lot of play time, he won't leave because, well, he he's getting play time. If he's not getting play time he won't leave because he's on 350kpw.

So the way I see it is we're ****ed and Özil knows. The only person that benefit from this situation is Özil and some Arsenal 'fans' who are getting off on the fact that he's fleecing the club

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Wenger was signing Özil, Sanchez, Santi, Monreal, Auba, Lacazette etc, a few years before leaving, what you talking about?

Other than Tierney, Raul has signed trash.

Wenger made a few mistakes, like Mustafi, but it’s normal for managers to get a certain amount of deals wrong.
Martinelli, Saliba and Leno are trash?

You wouldn't admit the truth because it doesn't fit your weird narrative

GDeep™

League is very weak
The people who keep talking about the “Raul agenda” are the ones with the agenda.

@Oxeki always accusing others of agenda and crying is an agenda in itself.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

The people who keep talking about the “Raul agenda” are the ones with the agenda.

@Oxeki always accusing others of agenda and crying is an agenda in itself.
Of course you're an agenda merchant.

I'm not denying the fact that Raul hasn't made some questionable signings but he's also made some other signings that has the potential to transform us in a couple of years.

The club was winning and we didn't hear of Özil.
We then lost Villa and Özil fans are using it as an opportunity to push their narrative

Last edited:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Martinelli and Saliba are kids.

We’re talking senior players, there is no comparison. Wenger signed Auba ffs.
Things started going wrong for from 2014. That's four years before the new regime.

I read somewhere that Raul has a four-year contract with us which will expire in 2022. He's been here for 2 years. I'd give him an extra 2 years before I pass judgement.

Lord knows the damage the old regime did will take years to clean up

GDeep™

League is very weak
Of course you're an agenda merchant.

I'm not denying the fact that Raul has made some questionable signings but he's made some other signings that has the potential to transform us in a couple of years.

The club was winning and we didn't hear of Özil.
We then lost Villa and Özil fans are using it as an opportunity to push their narrative
What narrative? I have been posting about Özil all season, win or lose.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

But we were 5th in the league last year and in the EL final?

We fell off because we messed up this summer.
We fell off because Emery screwed us.

If we had a better manager we'd been in contention for third or fourth at Worst.

You could blame Raul for not pulling the trigger on Emery when it became clear that we were going no where with him managing the team.

But you can't say Raul hasn't done a decent job.

But I'm willing to give him till the end of his contract then we'll evaluate where we are at then

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Martinelli and Saliba are kids.

We’re talking senior players, there is no comparison. Wenger signed Auba ffs.

Actually I think Arsène had the transfers taking out of his hand at that point.

Don't think we will be signing those types of players again though unless we get an ownership change, would love Partey here but I am admittedly doubtful that he wants to join.

Sanchez was a great one...signed an elite player, while being surrounded by 10/10 Brazilians on a beach, that were just fawning over Big Wengz...what a man!

GDeep™

League is very weak
We fell off because Emery screwed us.

If we had a better manager we'd been in contention for third or fourth at Worst.

You could blame Raul for not pulling the trigger on Emery when it became clear that we were going no where with him managing the team.

But you can't say Raul hasn't done a decent job.

But I'm willing to give him till the end of his contract then we'll evaluate where we are at then
We messed up because we signed Luiz who made mistakes all season, didn’t replace Kos, Nacho, Ramsey adequately. Pepe looks like we massively overpaid.

No manager can finish 3rd with Luiz making mistakes all season, Dani playing poor, Pepe a passenger etc.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
From 2014-2018 the old regime sign a lot of players, only Alexis and Auba were successes..
Funny you mention that time as it is the only time that we won anything. Almost won the League too

I think it started to end once Arteta walked through the door. Özil made use of the laxness especially under Wenger, but it doesn’t start or stop with him.

I think we can all agree that more discipline and accountability for the players is much needed and something we all should applaud.
The bottom line is trophies and football. Not accountability, not discipline, not wages.

Plus you keep going on about it as if he keeps missing training or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom