• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop Tart

Established Member
It is interesting to note that people on here will say that Özil only ever shows up against weak teams but also that he wouldn't have helped today. But I digress...

Will also be interesting to see if Arsenal can win a trophy without Özil for the first time in 15 years (I predict: maybe).
Just like he won us that league cup and Europa league ..

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I honestly believe this is Arteta’s call to not play him not Raul. Arteta comes across as a straight talking guy and there’s examples of him leaving players out if they are not onboard. He has also shown that he offers them a way back in if circumstances determine or effort has improved.
Exactly. Also, if it was only Raul standing in his way and Arteta was on Özil's side, Özil wouldn't be tweeting ''I'M READY" because it can only make Arteta look bad. I mean, you'd be ****ting on the only guy in your corner ffs. That's why it's bullshit.

Manberg

Predator
It is interesting to note that people on here will say that Özil only ever shows up against weak teams but also that he wouldn't have helped today. But I digress...

Will also be interesting to see if Arsenal can win a trophy without Özil for the first time in 15 years (I predict: maybe).

In his prime during his early Arsenal years he would only have been useful against weaker teams. Not this Özil. He’s not even at that level anymore. He’s regressed to the point that Willock is a better option now. Not playing and not training for lengthy periods has a drastic effect on ability.

gamechannel

If he was a new player I would not mind, but a guy who is top earner.and been there for a good few years. Club looked after him when he wanted more money and he could not repay the favor on and off the pitch. Hardly a guy you would want to have in your plans for a rebuild.

Except the same club tried to marginalize him for the past 2 years. Why would he trust the club and give them a single cent back? He must have known he's a goner eventually as the club had made no indications of retaining him, so who in their right mind would help the club out by leaving 30% of their income on the table?

I have said this before - its a broken marriage. Özil doesn't like the club management and didn't want to do them any favors as they dicked him around before. The club retaliated in kind.

Just pay him off and let him walk. He sure as he'll ain't leaving a single cent on the table.

We have been doing alright without him. Even with him in the side, the days of beautiful football are gone. Arteta would rather play a grind it out, boring style of football to get results vs play to the teams strengths to get the same result. Arsenal football as we knew it has been dead for 2 years and is never coming back. Modern managers would rather play with 11 robots who follow every tactical instruction vs let the players natural instinct come forward.

Lets move on from Özil. Hes not made for the non-football we are playing anyway.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Except the same club tried to marginalize him for the past 2 years. Why would he trust the club and give them a single cent back? He must have known he's a goner eventually as the club had made no indications of retaining him, so who in their right mind would help the club out by leaving 30% of their income on the table?

I have said this before - its a broken marriage. Özil doesn't like the club management and didn't want to do them any favors as they dicked him around before. The club retaliated in kind.

Just pay him off and let him walk. He sure as he'll ain't leaving a single cent on the table.
Every right to marginalize him with his bang average performances and mysterious illnesses after every defeat. Throwing hissyfits when subbed..even strolling off during Europa league final like he turned in a messi performance. sums up why this club is a shambles.

gamechannel

Every right to marginalize him with his bang average performances and mysterious illnesses after every defeat. Throwing hissyfits when subbed..even strolling off during Europa league final like he turned in a messi performance. sums up why this club is a shambles.

Ummm.. except the hissy fit you're referring to came after the first stand off had already happened with the club where he was mysteriously dumped only to be brought back when Emery had to eat crow. The relationship was damaged by then.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Ummm.. except the hissy fit you're referring to came after the first stand off had already happened with the club where he was mysteriously dumped only to be brought back when Emery had to eat crow. The relationship was damaged by then.
He has done hissyfits multiple times

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Thread should be locked until this guy touches the pitch or gtfo really. This is regurgitated stuff and he had nothing to do with today.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Thread should be locked until this guy touches the pitch or gtfo really. This is regurgitated stuff and he had nothing to do with today.
He is still a arsenal player and we can talk about all his greatest hits. Thread is called 2019/20 performances not Aston villa

GDeep™

League is very weak
Exactly. Also, if it was only Raul standing in his way and Arteta was on Özil's side, Özil wouldn't be tweeting ''I'M READY" because it can only make Arteta look bad. I mean, you'd be ****ting on the only guy in your corner ffs. That's why it's bullshit.
Arteta is probably on the same page though, I don’t think antibody is saying Raul is overpowering Arteta. I’m guessing it’s a club decision now, he’s not even making the bench ffs.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Hope he stays all of next season milking this club for all its worth.

giphy.gif

lomekian

Essays are my thing
If I remember correctly there were two other players who didn't. But their names have strangely not been leaked, only Özil's.

Story I heard was that the other two were Elneny and Mikhi, who everyone knows the club wants shot of anyway. No idea if true or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom