• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Final: Arsenal vs Chelsea Saturday 1st August | KO: 17:30 BST | BBC 1

Who will win the biggest match since last year’s EL final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Man I hate this squad and these players if they win the FA Cup it will redeem them in my eyes. But then you know they’re all gonna be sh*t again next season.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I have too many snidey ****ing Chelsea friends who have a big mouth on them due to the EL final and Fat Frank's successes in the PL this season.

Chelsea fans tend to be the scummiest of all, I feel like their concept of football is messed up because of the way their club is (daddy Roman buying them new toys every year).

I'll be watching this game with a bunch of fellow Arsenal fans, lets beat these assholes please.

The annoying thing a lot of Chelsea fans would be Arsenal or Man Utd fans right now if Roman never bought them.

Now they have this skewed vision of what football is, they act like their success isn’t all bought. Be like why don’t Arsenal just buy that player? We don’t have Romans billions.

Chelsea ruined football can’t lie, they had a spend higher than all the top teams in Europe combined in the mid 2000s and they’re still being funded by Roman.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
If we win the FA Cup, does that mean we're in Europa ?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The annoying thing a lot of Chelsea fans would be Arsenal or Man Utd fans right now if Roman never bought them.

Now they have this skewed vision of what football is, they act like their success isn’t all bought. Be like why don’t Arsenal just buy that player? We don’t have Romans billions.

Chelsea ruined football can’t lie, they had a spend higher than all the top teams in Europe combined in the mid 2000s and they’re still being funded by Roman.

...such a weird fan base :lol:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Apparently they want to play the Community Shield on the 29th of August, but why play it at all? I've seen prospective fixture lists for next season and they still want to play the League Cup too. It's like they're insisting on everything carrying on as normal and fitting everything into a ridiculous timeframe.

Just don't play the Community Shield, don't play the League Cup, the world's not gonna cave in on itself.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Not according to this
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53385467

The teams who finish fifth and sixth will qualify for next season's Europa League (unless they win one of next month's European tournaments).
Leicester 5(th) and Sp*rs (6th) are in Europa, without further European matches

If the FA Cup winners finish in the top six, then seventh place in the Premier League would qualify for the Europa League. The team who qualify in the lowest league spot go into the second qualifying round.

So unless Wolves (7th) win Europa, thus qualifying for next year CL, then I guess that's it.
No Thursday night footie for next season :)

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If Arsenal win the FA Cup, we will be playing in the Europa next season...it's just a shame this seems to be the main reason fans want us to win this trophy.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Not according to this
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53385467

Leicester 5(th) and Sp*rs (6th) are in Europa, without further European matches

So unless Wolves (7th) win Europa, thus qualifying for next year CL, then I guess that's it.
No Thursday night footie for next season :)

I think you interpret that wrong. The FA cup winners qualify for EL, no matter what. It is the team at 7th (Wolves) who will then lose their spot in EL.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If Arsenal win the FA Cup, we will be playing in the Europa next season...it's just a shame this seems to be the main reason fans want us to win this trophy.

I'll never get this mentality. I don't care about the financial implications, I'll never get following football for something like that when there's a trophy there to be won. I've heard all the arguments so none of you should bother trying to explain to me, I know the implications already I simply don't care as much as the actual trophy.

It's weird too because I remember when people use to not understand why CL qualification was a big deal and that trophies were more important, now the FA Cup is seen as just an alternative route for EL football. Bizarre to me in all honesty.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I'll never get this mentality. I don't care about the financial implications, I'll never get following football for something like that when there's a trophy there to be won. I've heard all the arguments so none of you should bother trying to explain to me, I know the implications already I simply don't care as much as the actual trophy.

It's weird too because I remember when people use to not understand why CL qualification was a big deal and that trophies were more important, now the FA Cup is seen as just an alternative route for EL football. Bizarre to me in all honesty.

It's really about a stepping stone to bigger things.

As fans we want our team to win the league or big European trophies. I never understood fans happy with 4th. I wanted 4th hoping that we would spend that money to then progress and challenge for 1st. That's was the dream we were sold. However the progress or even attempt to push on never came.

For me a cup is brilliant. But the money is the stepping stone for signing players and getting better.

No team has a divine right to win a league. But we are in this league to win it. And that is the ultimate goal. And if the financial aspects of winning the FA cup help us to progress so be it.

If someone offered me the choice between Arsenal winning the league once in the next 10 years or winning the FA cup every year over the next 10 years I would choose the league every day of the week.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

I was going to post exactly this.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Nah I want to win to get the 14th. Every year i'm a bit nervous Utd will win it and equal our 13. We get to 14 and we've a clear gap. Greatest team in the oldest cup competition in the world, that's what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom