• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Final: Arsenal vs Chelsea Saturday 1st August | KO: 17:30 BST | BBC 1

Who will win the biggest match since last year’s EL final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The annoying thing a lot of Chelsea fans would be Arsenal or Man Utd fans right now if Roman never bought them.

Now they have this skewed vision of what football is, they act like their success isn’t all bought. Be like why don’t Arsenal just buy that player? We don’t have Romans billions.

Chelsea ruined football can’t lie, they had a spend higher than all the top teams in Europe combined in the mid 2000s and they’re still being funded by Roman.
What p!sses me off is all those cretins who had a go a Wenger for not being able to compete with a club who got an interest free loan of £1.2bn and won 5 titles there after. Lot's of praise on here for all their managers too, as if it was their organisational skills that did it.
Lol.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Seen too much talk about the importance of qualifying to EL through this game. Do people really care about that, or is it an extention of not having qualified through the league?

We always talk about next season we gonna do this and that. I couldn't give a toss. These are the games you live for.

Ashybashy86

The EL is boring in the group stages, but it gives fringe and youth players a chance to impress. I’d rather watch them in the early rounds of Europa and than the FA/Carabao Cup.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Finishing in the top 4 was a big yawn to our fans and FA Cup became the new Mickey Mouse Cup . . . now suddenly it's a life line. :lol:

I remember when people were knocking top 4 but it just goes to show what a spell out of the CL can do to a club. Imagine what a spell out of the EL could do! This game really is a lifeline, a lifeline to keep Auba and sign better players!

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Going into this game it is important to note that Chelsea had a worse defensive record than we did this season conceding 54 goals to our 48. On that basis, we could see a high scoring game maybe a 3-2 or 4-2 scoreline... A player we need to be wary of is Pulisic. He really has stepped up his games in the last few games and is beginning to look a soud replacement for Hazard. I would play AMN as LWB and Tierney as LCB definitely for this game. Is Giroud going to break our hearts again? Will he do to us what we did to Chelsea back in 2017?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Seen too much talk about the importance of qualifying to EL through this game. Do people really care about that, or is it an extention of not having qualified through the league?

We always talk about next season we gonna do this and that. I couldn't give a toss. These are the games you live for.

For me its down to what we could become if we dont have European football. We've just had 3 years of EL and finished the season with 56 pts, our lowest tally ever! What might happen to us without even the EL? That's why I place such importance on this game!

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Sliding down the league can be difficult to arrest because the more competitions you're out of the less income you get. And now Covid 19 is likely to slash gate receipts you need all the income you can get from other sources. Maybe that's why there's too much talk about the importance of qualifying for Europe.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Beating the Chavs in cup games, it's what we do...

...probably the greatest goal football there has ever been.

balthazar

I'll never get this mentality. I don't care about the financial implications, I'll never get following football for something like that when there's a trophy there to be won. I've heard all the arguments so none of you should bother trying to explain to me, I know the implications already I simply don't care as much as the actual trophy.

It's weird too because I remember when people use to not understand why CL qualification was a big deal and that trophies were more important, now the FA Cup is seen as just an alternative route for EL football. Bizarre to me in all honesty.

Surely must be also so for the players. I know what I would rather tell my kids or grandkids. That, "I once won the FA cup" or that "I finished 4th in the Premier League 3 times."

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Surely must be also so for the players. I know what I would rather tell my kids or grandkids. That, "I once won the FA cup" or that "I finished 4th in the Premier League 3 times."
I'd rather do both like Wenger did many times. :lol:

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
We can win this. Think Chelsea is vulnerable enough at the back (not to say we aren't). Don't think Chelsea have enough of a difference maker like Hazard this time around too (although Pulisic has been playing pretty well recently).

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

What p!sses me off is all those cretins who had a go a Wenger for not being able to compete with a club who got an interest free loan of £1.2bn and won 5 titles there after. Lot's of praise on here for all their managers too, as if it was their organisational skills that did it.
Lol.
My thing with Wenger is there was plenty of self sabotage along the way, so its difficult for me to not admit that he had no lost a step towards the end. Basic things just repeated as well, the second half of his reign was full of frustration if you looked at it objectively.

Yes oil clubs have dominated proceedings absolutely but every now and then there has been seasons where the league wasn't bought. We certainly had chances ourselves.

I left the church of Wenger years ago. Are Mourinho and Pep on Wenger's level overall though? if you ask me, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final
Top Bottom