• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Btw, the same source you posted on the previous page, posted his loan fee will be 9M a few weeks ago. Then you have his wages.

Let's be honest Graham, if a source backs up what you think you believe it, if it doesnt back up your thoughts its a terrible source.

The latest news was Coutinho needs to take a pay cut to join us and he could be willing to do so. If that's the case its excellent business.

No point going over stats constantly. But even if the overall fee for Coutinho is 15-20M for the year with a reduced option to buy then its better than signing Buendia for 20M and certainly better than signing Grealish for 70M or more.

We need a player who can break dow teams that aren't as good as us, Coutinho is that guy.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

This is most likely media/Kia driven. Not sure we're actually interested just like last year.

That being said, a loan is a good idea.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Whatever he costs (more like £20m, not £30m), that’s pretty much the standard yearly cost for any half decent player. £40m fee, £40m contract, that’s £16m a year.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Seriously?
Neither you or me are paying for it. We fans don't know how much transfer budget is don't know how much our wage bill is it's all prediction from the media clubs are not stupid they not gonna reveal how much they have Arteta said that everything is private. if they afford and won't hurt us in future specially if it's a loan then they'll pay.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I would only be 100% happy with it if we also got other targets in and only if its Coutinho OR Willian. Would hate both.

Coutinho and spend money on a wide player or Willian and spend money on a AM.

say yes

forum master baiter
Bayern paid €8.5m loan fee + full wages.. It will probably be something similar now.
Think one of the early sources for this said our offer features a serious wage cut for Coutinho. He didn’t reject that outright, but wanted to wait and see what his options were.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Neither you or me are paying for it. We fans don't know how much transfer budget is don't know how much our wage bill is it's all prediction from the media clubs are not stupid they not gonna reveal how much they have Arteta said that everything is private. if they afford and won't hurt us in future specially if it's a loan then they'll pay.

What’s that got to do with anything? None of us has paid for any of the transfer fees or wages of our current or previous players, the amount invested still matters.

The more I think about it, the less sense it makes.. You are investing 15-20m in Coutinho, an investment that will be gone in a year.. Let’s say we instead went for Buendia for a similar fee or bit more.. If Buendia flops you can recoup the money, If Coutinho flops you ended up wasting it with nothing in return.. If Buendia is a success you have a great player for several years or you’ll sell him for great profit. If Coutinho is a success you still lose him after a year, so the only way this is beneficial for us is if he can help us get insant results (cl football). Is he good enough for that?

Buendia is just an example, could be any of the other players mentioned in that range or someone they’ve scouted.. Point is short term deals like this just doesn’t seem like a smart idea.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Anyway my prediction is nothing will happen until we sort out Özil situation if he stays here we not getting attacking mid. If he somehow leave it'll open many doors for us to replace him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, June 5

Benjamin Šeško is essentially top of Arsenal’s list of striker targets, but no official moves have been made yet [David Ornstein - The Athletic]

Latest posts

Top Bottom