• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
That's better than spending 20-30M on players that may or may not work who could flop.

Coutinho could flop you've spent 10-20m for nothing.

At least if you buy a player maybe between 22-25 years old theres potential to sell on if they dont do so well. And your buying a player whose idea is to stay at Arsenal for a number of years so you may see more commitment from them.

Its personal preference but I dont think a team with a long term plan takes 2/3 players on loan.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeah, I guess what really triggers me is that there are “fans” who actually don’t even have an opinion and just go about whining or trying to be right about something they obv know very little about. I guess they are sometimes right, but rarely.
People on this page and the previous page are explaining their stance, they would rather invest the money into a long term vision than just another short loan.

That’s a very valid opinion.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
It makes sense for both Coutinho and Arsenal to keep in contact but not commit at this stage. Coutinho would prefer to go to a more immediately successful team who could buy him outright. Arsenal would prefer to sell players to secure other targets, but may not be able to do so.

Neither is the other party's first choice, but if it does happen it has some potential for success, because the player needs games and we have no creativity and no-one who shoot threateningly from distance.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Thiago Alacantara is valued at 25-30M btw. I’m sure there will be others like him too who are going for a modest price post Covid.

29 and injury prone, needs adapting to the PL. Moneys wasted there imo.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why does including wages make sense for a loan when we never include it in permanent transfers. If the cost for Coutinho would be around EUR 19.75m the we need to talk about Pepe as an asset that costs EUR 110m over five years and Aubameyang one that costs 110m over four years. All excluding agent fee’s.

Winds me up, this

More often than not the wages of the loan player will come out of the immediate transfer budget, hence why they get added to any loan fee to make a round number. The wages of a contracted player are coming out of a more general budget.

Simple stuff, don’t know why it’s winding you up.

blrgooner

Established Member
We arent saying straight up no. We are saying no under particular circumstances.

Firstly we need a CB and a CM with defensive awareness first. Quality. Not 15-20m bargain basement. Ready made players to walk straight into the first team.

After that if the club have a few quid left and want to take a chance on Coutinho and the arrangement and deal is reasonable no problem.

What we dont want is paying 10m fee and 150k a week wages for a player who will be with us for 9 months. Who probably wont buy into everything Arteta says as he sees this as temporary.

You also have to factor in that if Ceballos stays on loan with no obligation to buy the middle of our team wont be here in 12 months so again we are going to have the same problems 1 year from now needing new players in those positions.

Lastly to get the best out of Coutinho you have to play 4 2 3 1 with him occupying the number 10ish role. Coutinho is not a wide player.

Which means you need 2 defensive minding midfielders to let the front 4 do their thing.
Well I think CM is more important too and it looks like we are going for Partey. Given a choice between Partey and Coutinho, I would go for Partey as well. I think we can get both though considering Coutinho will be on loan.
Fee wise I think its a bargain, any player close to Coutinho in terms of quality is going to cost us 40m atleast in the current market. 10m + wages sounds like a good deal for the kind of quality. We can of course at the end of the year try to make a big money signing in that area.

Ceballos staying has nothing to do with this IMO. Ceballos and Coutinho are different players and can play together. In fact, I think they will form quite a decent pair in certain games.
We already played an attacking midfielder when Arteta joined(Özil) and I think played some of our best football this season at that time. I still think Arteta played his super defensive setup in the last few games simply because he had no options to replace Özil. I think Arteta wants to play with an attacking midfielder. Also, in big games, we can play someone like Coutinho on the wings with a 3 man midfield. It just gives us another kind of option.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Well I think CM is more important too and it looks like we are going for Partey. Given a choice between Partey and Coutinho, I would go for Partey as well. I think we can get both though considering Coutinho will be on loan.
Fee wise I think its a bargain, any player close to Coutinho in terms of quality is going to cost us 40m atleast in the current market. 10m + wages sounds like a good deal for the kind of quality. We can of course at the end of the year try to make a big money signing in that area.

Ceballos staying has nothing to do with this IMO. Ceballos and Coutinho are different players and can play together. In fact, I think they will form quite a decent pair in certain games.
We already played an attacking midfielder when Arteta joined(Özil) and I think played some of our best football this season at that time. I still think Arteta played his super defensive setup in the last few games simply because he had no options to replace Özil. I think Arteta wants to play with an attacking midfielder. Also, in big games, we can play someone like Coutinho on the wings with a 3 man midfield. It just gives us another kind of option.

I wasnt talking about Ceballos and Coutinho not being able to play together.

I was talking about building a team around 2 players unlikely to be here the year after if Ceballos doesnt have an obligation in place and Coutinho will hardly have one.

So you building tactics and a style around a team basically that's only going to last 12 months.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Thiago Alacantara is valued at 25-30M btw. I’m sure there will be others like him too who are going for a modest price post Covid.

Thiago has just one year left on his contract, of course not old with 29, but he won't have a big resale value for the new club.

So you can't compare this price with many other cases.

Finesse

Some comments on this thread are hilarious. If a board member on on here they would be happy to sit on their hands all summer. No CL football , No UEFA Cup football with our best player / best scorer not committed to sign on....yet some are even contemplating on having Coutinho in the squad.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

I know barca desperately want money but asking 80m is ridiculous. Even 50m is ridiculous with wages he on.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out

I know barca desperately want money but asking 80m is ridiculous. Even 50m is ridiculous with wages he on.
80m is not ridiculous, they signed him for 130m ffs :lol:. The people on here who think he’ll go for cheap are delusional.
He’ll definitely be a Barca player next season.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'd say he's worth 45M euro tops if buying outright.

If we want him so bad negotiate a loan with option to buy at 35M euro.

I have a theory that people who don't rate Coutinho are salty from his time in the PL when lots of people were saying hes overrated at Liverpool.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
80m is not ridiculous, they signed him for 130m ffs :lol:. The people on here who think he’ll go for cheap are delusional.
He’ll definitely be a Barca player next season.
He for sale he wages is 250k a week nobody in right state of mind will pay 80m for Coutinho. They brought him for 130m because they are stupid and badly run club that's why they are in trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom