• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Pretty sure Coutinho can and does play more than just a left winger or pushed forward centrally in a 4-3-3, its not like trying to play Özil as the deepest midfielder ort anything Coutinho is capable of doing more than just sitting pretty in advanced positions. You'd be lacking a bit defensively but with Partey behind him its not such a big deal, and I'm sure a bit more coaching from Arteta would improve that side of his game anyway.

Yeah I fully agree getting Beundia and Partey in, keeping Ceballos and putting Coutinho out on the wing is the ideal solution given Beunida's potential price. You then have a hard working midfield that is good under pressure and can pass the ball with a bit of magic on the left wing from Coutinho and hopefully Nelson steps up on the right wing and shows what he is capable of. All hypotethicals, I cant see us going for Beundia theres no rumours of any kind around us and him atm.

The point I was making is if we just got Partey and COutinho and kept Ceballos. We still have a fairly decent team for doing well in the premiership.
I don't agree, Coutinho cannot play centrally in 433... And I am not the only who thinks this. This guy called Kloop thinks the same.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I don't agree, Coutinho cannot play centrally in 433... And I am not the only who thinks this. This guy called Kloop thinks the same.

That guy called Klopp also said he is world class but a lot of people on here don't concur. Not even close.

Of course Coutinho would work as a LCM. But only if you have Partey in there as well imo. You couldn't play Xhaka and Coutinho in the same midfield.

As for playing Coutinho LW it wouldn't happen. If Lacazette leaves we would buy someone like Zaha/Depay no doubt. So no space for Couts in the front 3.

Only realistic option is that he is in the midfield.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Anyone know what Edu does yet? Meant to be the man that sets our vision but barely said a word.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
I think Coutinho could work as a LCM in a 433, similar to Iniesta's position under Guardiola, he isn't a winger.
We would need to keep the ball better though and probably a better/more athletic CDM (Partey?).
He played there under Rodgers in one of the many spankings we were on the end of, he talks about it here.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

Klopp is an amazing manager but he either doesn't use the 433 the same way a lot of managers do or he struggles to. His middle 3 are work horses primarily, closing down and playing quick direct short balls forward, sometimes making runs and not much else. I think he has been looking for a Coutinho replacement for years in the middle or add creativity in the middle for a 433 but hasn't found one or cant get it out of them due to limitations of both players and system.

I would say that in Coutinho would not be as effective in Klopp's system as a more limited player who can put in better tackles when you have the strength in the wings they do. We are likely never to play that way as after a while it starts to get very predictable and its unlikely we will have a team that can play in a very predictable way every game and still win any time in the near future.

cannel

What does everyone think of Mkhitaryan’s future? He looked underwhelming under Emery in 18/19, but then who didn't? He seems to have had a decent season with Roma. Could he be kept around next season and help address our creative problems? It’s not like we would be able to raise a lot of funds by selling or loaning him. Makes more sense than loaning Coutinho to me.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
What does everyone think of Mkhitaryan’s future? He looked underwhelming under Emery in 18/19, but then who didn't? He seems to have had a decent season with Roma. Could he be kept around next season and help address our creative problems? It’s not like we would be able to raise a lot of funds by selling or loaning him. Makes more sense than loaning Coutinho to me.

yorch44

That guy called Klopp also said he is world class but a lot of people on here don't concur. Not even close.

Of course Coutinho would work as a LCM. But only if you have Partey in there as well imo. You couldn't play Xhaka and Coutinho in the same midfield.

As for playing Coutinho LW it wouldn't happen. If Lacazette leaves we would buy someone like Zaha/Depay no doubt. So no space for Couts in the front 3.

Only realistic option is that he is in the midfield.
Yes you know more than Kloop... You are professional manager... Happy?

yorch44

Klopp is an amazing manager but he either doesn't use the 433 the same way a lot of managers do or he struggles to. His middle 3 are work horses primarily, closing down and playing quick direct short balls forward, sometimes making runs and not much else. I think he has been looking for a Coutinho replacement for years in the middle or add creativity in the middle for a 433 but hasn't found one or cant get it out of them due to limitations of both players and system.

I would say that in Coutinho would not be as effective in Klopp's system as a more limited player who can put in better tackles when you have the strength in the wings they do. We are likely never to play that way as after a while it starts to get very predictable and its unlikely we will have a team that can play in a very predictable way every game and still win any time in the near future.
But he was talking about Barcelona's system... I don't know why you can't accept that 433 simply doesn't suit him. As easy as saying Özil is not suited to play 433.

Coutinho Is not similar to Iniesta as he said... He cannot run and run. He is more an attacker than midfielder. But meh... Believe me once you watch him struggle. Unless he is given a role without defensive duties he will struggle. And that will unbalance the team whiteout the ball.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Extra £6m for winning the FA cup and £30-40m for being in the Europa. Edu, Raul and Kia about to do a madness and piss it all up the wall!!

Lol I still don't trust them and personally can't stand Raul.

I'm not sure how we'll get the f*cker out but hopefully we do well in spite of him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yes now we in good shape financially got extra 40m to spend still I'm not ruling out kroenke backing. New season begins in less than 6 weeks Don't think all our deals will be done by then window close in 7th of October

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Yes now we in good shape financially got extra 40m to spend still I'm not ruling out kroenke backing. New season begins in less than 6 weeks Don't think all our deals will be done by then window close in 7th of October

I think they’ll all be done by then. They’ll want the players to be here before the season starts otherwise they might not be integrated enough to play until the end of October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis
Top Bottom