• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

6r9xpt1ceyl51.jpg
Proper Arsenal captain that.

Kav

Established Member
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I can think of more than 5 strengths but less than 5 weaknesses, but I'll indulge.

Strengths:
Superb passing range
High passing accuracy
Intelligent reading of the game and anticipation
Strong tackler
Blocks shots

More strengths:
Good vision
Good at drawing fouls from the opposition
Good long shot
Freekick taking
Leadership

Might you be interested in a seaside property I have to sell in Switzerland?

In which world has Xhaka ever displayed any of the foregoing? We are talking about Xhaka not Cazorla here. :D

Edit : I will give you the long shot, and the long passes but his passing is not actually good. David Luiz is a better passer of the ball than him. -__-

Last edited:

uriazu

Well I would have to disagree with four of your five weaknesses. You didn't even mention his biggest strength which is his passing.

I have to agree on that, he has assisted or helped build many of the opposition goals with some very unexpected but yet admirable passing.

Manberg

Predator

In which world has Xhaka ever displayed any of the foregoing? We are talking about Xhaka not Cazorla here. :D

Edit : I will give you the long shot, and the long passes but his passing is not actually good. David Luiz is a better passer of the ball than him. -__-

There’s no sea in Switzerland.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Luiz is the best passer at the club!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I mean, if he is just there to watch them, he doesn't really deserve any praise...maybe this is how he likes to spend a day off, maybe not got much else going on in his life.
He’s got a new born at home as well… This is a man of priorities :facepalm:

Makavelii

lol why do you say Luiz is a better passer like it’s sarcastic?
Luiz all through his career has been world renowned as one of the best passing defenders in the world. That’s why big clubs love him and his distribution from the back.

Xhaka’s passing is also excellent. The stats don’t lie.

Last edited:

Makavelii

Reading through this thread, I’m actually embarrassed by both sides of the argument arguing for and against Xhaka.
Both sides showing appalling knowledge of football. :facepalm:

I do side with the idea that Xhaka has been unfairly used as a scapegoat though. He has a lot to offer Arsenal and is the right level for us.
I could break down the stats, but Arteta is a huge fan of him. That should say enough.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member

Very few of those are on target

Makavelii

Xhaka is so professional, but such a bad footballer. He sucks up to the manager, then sucks it up on the pitch.

So Wenger, Emery and Arteta all play him consistently and talk highly of his abilities because he sucks up to them?

Do they know that he’s a bad footballer and choose to play him anyway? Or does the sucking up just fool them into thinking he’s good?
I’m genuinely curious how all of this works in your fantasy world.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
So Wenger, Emery and Arteta all play him consistently and talk highly of his abilities because he sucks up to them?

Do they know that he’s a bad footballer and choose to play him anyway? Or does the sucking up just fool them into thinking he’s good?
I’m genuinely curious how all of this works in your fantasy world.

Do you have eyes?

Sucking up to them puts him in their good graces. They see him as a model professional and he's a decent player. But we rely way too much on him and he does suck it up constantly for an Arsenal midfielder.

Sucking up works in the real world. Have you really never seen that?

Makavelii

Do you have eyes?

Sucking up to them puts him in their good graces. They see him as a model professional and he's a decent player. But we rely way too much on him and he does suck it up constantly for an Arsenal midfielder.

Sucking up works in the real world. Have you really never seen that?
It does. But not seamlessly with three managers in a row. And Arteta already rated Xhaka highly before joining Arsenal and working with him.

Pastore

If Arsenal had any ambition, they would be doing everything to get the Camavinga kid. A real left footed central midfielder to replace Xhaka. We might start seeing some penetrating forward passes from midfield again.

Makavelii

So you think Xhaka has been consistently a good player for those 3 managers?
I think he has strengths and weaknesses that have been fairly consistent over the three managers.

The fans used him as a scapegoat due to an error prone period he went through while ignoring his strengths he was still bringing to the team.

Fans picking players as a scapegoat undeservingly is extremely common in football. It’s just bandwagoning and black and white thinking.
If people had a more intricate knowledge of the game, they wouldn’t think so black and white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom