• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emiliano Martínez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
This indicates that not only is Martinez a **** nothing goalkeeper he is also a horrendous thundercunty person. So much for his cult hero image, eh?
He's a quite arrogant personality. There was a really boastful interview he did earlier in the season I think which I didn't like. He was already giving "Play me or I'll leave" vibes when he came back from Reading. I'm happy he's turned his career around but no one's bigger than the club.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Does anyone find it odd that the only teams interested in Buffon mark two are Aston Villa and maybe, possibly Brighton.
People blaming Arteta, Martinez is clearly forcing his hand, he wants to be guaranteed first choice come what may, you would have to give him a new contract and judging by his demands after ten games he'll be asking for a massive wage as well.
Leno would leave and where does that leave us if he starts playing like he did at Anfield in the Carrierbag cup?

Ideally we keep both and they battle it out but with Martinez's demands and contract situation it clearly isn't an option.
You go with the safer , logical choice ( Leno has played 350 top flight games in a major league, Martinez has played 15, they are the same age) we find a new goalkeeper and we move on.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don't mind keepers not liking each other, only one can play at a time so it's a very cutthroat position...pretty sure Jens hated every goalkeeper he played with.

Will wish Emi well, did brilliantly for us the last few months, hope he gets the Argentina number 1 shirt too.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I don't mind keepers not liking each other, only one can play at a time so it's a very cutthroat position...pretty sure Jens hated every goalkeeper he played with.

Will wish Emi well, did brilliantly for us the last few months, hope he gets the Argentina number 1 shirt too.

I'm not sure Martinez has other problem with Leno than wanting to be 1st. He will likely sulk if benched, that's how I understand it. It's bad for team spirit so he must go according to Arteta.

"Leeds were one club who previously considered Martinez but they were reluctant to commit £20 million on a player with a very small sample of work to analyse at the highest level."

Surprise surprise! Professionals think that game count at top level matters a lot for a goalie. I have been saying this all along.

Mudi

For £20m, you let him go. Other clubs will probably ask how it is possible that we can sell our 2nd GK for that amount of money. For that money, he will be the 15th most expensive GK transfer in the history!

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
@MutableEarth and anyone else of the youth scout gems - how good is Okonkwo ?
Highly rated but I can’t speak on specific abilities (apparently good at distribution though). Kept him from going to Barca, like ESR. Hasn’t played in a year due to mysterious circumstances (personal or health issues, no one knows). Has been training with the first team since his return.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If he were to come here and replicate the form he was in last season, he would make a strong push to be first choice. He was outstanding at Celtic.
He was hitting the heights that saw him break clean sheet records at Celtic and Southampton. He was allegedly on his way back to Celtic for 8m on a permanent deal.

In my eyes we should be looking at a keeper who has nothing to do for 90 minutes and can still pull off match winning saves. Since he has got his head sorted and for that price there isnt much better out there.

Malky

Established Member
He was hitting the heights that saw him break clean sheet records at Celtic and Southampton. He was allegedly on his way back to Celtic for 8m on a permanent deal.

In my eyes we should be looking at a keeper who has nothing to do for 90 minutes and can still pull off match winning saves. Since he has got his head sorted and for that price there isnt much better out there.
What happened with the Forster deal? Couldn't agree personal terms? Not sure what to make of the new lad you've got (Barkas?) He needs time to settle and adjust, obviously, but with him and Bain as your options its a massive step down from Forster last season, in my opinion.
That said, Forster for us makes alot of sense and ticks a lot of boxes - homegrown, league experience, age, very good price.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

What happened with the Forster deal? Couldn't agree personal terms? Not sure what to make of the new lad you've got (Barkas?) He needs time to settle and adjust, obviously, but with him and Bain as your options its a massive step down from Forster last season, in my opinion.
That said, Forster for us makes alot of sense and ticks a lot of boxes - homegrown, league experience, age, very good price.
the deal was all put done and Forster decided to pull out last minute. He was linked with Chelsea and rumoured to be going back in as Southampton number one.

Disaster for Celtic as he was massive last season. But at least they moved quickly and got Barkas although I'm yet to be convinced.

D

Dial Square 1886

Not sure where all the hate is coming from suddenly!

People calling him arrogant and a horrendous person based on his desire to be a no 1 and some vague comments from Arteta.

I say fair play to him, he wants to try and be a starter at this stage of his career and feels he has done enough when the opportunity arose to merit that.

Seems like it is not going to be here though and other clubs seem interested, so let's negotiate a decent fee and crack on.

I wish him well. Nothing but grateful regarding his contribution to the club over the years. Seems to have been a model pro.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Not sure where all the hate is coming from suddenly!

People calling him arrogant and a horrendous person based on his desire to be a no 1 and some vague comments from Arteta.

I say fair play to him, he wants to try and be a starter at this stage of his career and feels he has done enough when the opportunity arose to merit that.

Seems like it is not going to be here though and other clubs seem interested, so let's negotiate a decent fee and crack on.

I wish him well. Nothing but grateful regarding his contribution to the club over the years. Seems to have been a model pro.
These are my thoughts too. Hes done his apprenticeship and everything the club asked of him. Id have liked to have seen him and Leno challenge each other over the season with Martinez getting at least 15 PL games. As it is, he'll move on. I wish him well as I like him but st the same time, I hope he doesn't become great so we don't have sellers remorse. Having said that, I can never recall us having two top class keepers at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom