• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Compare the big 6: who has had the best transfer window?

Which TWO clubs have had the best window so far?

• Total voters

Xanth

Sp**s just aren't a well-coached team. Mourinho's tactics are outdated.

Also, Bale hasn't played more than 1800 minutes in a single season since 2015.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Sp**s have also been working a swap deal with Inter for Skriniar/Ndombele.

Honestly this Sp**s business makes them a problem. Say what you want about Bale but he could easily fire them into the top 4 this season which is what they want.

Sp**s are taking the risk to get them back into the CL. Their front line is full of goals and they also have decent backup in Moura. Mourinho said they'll definitely sign a striker as well.

If we fail to bring in both midfielders it could be a right dog fight to get top 4.
Moura is not treated as a backup. He played 47 times last season and scored a spectacular 7 goals. He started again against Everton

Pyres7

Sp**s? They have a manager they are stuck with as they cannot afford to sack him. He doesn't know how to build play from the back or through midfield. He isn't on good terms with Ndombele and Ali. He doesn't know how to use attacking full backs. They dont really have a right back. They lack a centre half.

Bringing in Bale does not solve all their problems and it's not like Mourinho will know how to use him. Bale isn't the same player that tore up the Premier league btw.
Mourinho has lost the dressing room. Blames the players for everything and refuses to accept that his tactics are out of date. Can't believe they sacked Pochettino for him :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
yeah, that's enough to finish 6-7th instead of 8th if Auba stays fit.

Thats ridiculous. Its enough to finish 5th and push for top 4.

Aouar and Partey just cement top 4. We have the best coach out of the teams fighting for 4th and 3rd which people seem to forget.

We also have Tierney for a full season this time and also Bellerin... theres so many factors that people seem to love to forget.

Xanth

The 8th place finish was an outlier and not at all representative of our squad. It was simply indicative of how bad Emery was as our manager and how big of a mess he left behind. We are finishing 5th or 6th without signing a midfielder.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I think what is pretty obvious is just how competitive it is to get into the top 4. Everyone in the top 8 has strengthened except for Leicester. Everton will push hard too after appointing a good manager and having a decent window.

We could have a really strong season and finish 6th or 7th the competition is that fierce now, the margins will be fine.

daron christie

Bale is just a big PR to boost their Amazon series I wouldn’t be surprised if Amazon are paying Bales wages...on the footballing side it’s just papering over the cracks

daron christie

Bale is just a big PR to boost their Amazon series I wouldn’t be surprised if Amazon are paying Bales wages...on the footballing side it’s just papering over the cracks

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I’m still unconvinced by Tottenham. Irrespective of our transactions for the remainder of this window, I fully expect us to finish above them

I highly doubt they're going to finish top 6. They've shown nothing so far, Mourinho's already losing the dressing room, they use a system that will get beaten by more and more teams and their signings aren't great at all.

Also Bale. FFS, who in 2020 is afraid of the guy aside from the occasional wonder-goal at best. The biggest threat he has for us is in the NLD, as for the league he's a non worry.

I see Leicester, Everton, Wolves clearly above them.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Their midfield is pretty good actually. Bale can very much be revived by Mourinho. More than that though they have depth when it comes to rotating Bale but even more so there major weakness in the squad was high quality fullbacks. Their CBs are good if not great but they can rectify that in the window. They have out of nowhere gotten hold of their major weaknesses for the most part. I think a striker and maybe a CB sets them up for top 4 if Mourinho can get them to respond to him.

Hjobjerg is their best CM. Le Celso has technical ability but isnt consistent enough or productive enough (hes a poor mans Ceballos). Sissoko, Winks, Dier, Alli and Ndombele are all dreadful.

Bale? An overrated , injury prone, bad attitude, ego maniac that's more of golfer than a footballer. Are they seriously going to drop their best player in my lifetime after Modric and Campbell in Son to accomodate the "media darling"? I'd love to see it.

Toby isnt anywhere as good as used to be and Sanchez is just okay. Lloris has delcined dramatically the past couple of years.

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Sp**s are certainly one of the winners of the window now, but people going into meltdown are getting ahead of themselves.

If we get at least Aouar, maybe Partey too, I think all squads, except City and Liverpool, are pretty close and on par.

Form, the better coach, some luck, those are the things that decide CL places mostly as long as there isn't a massive gap in quality between the competing teams, which there is not.

We have a good shout, as good as anyone else for that matter, especially as we seem to have the vastly superior coach between those in question.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Sp**s have also been working a swap deal with Inter for Skriniar/Ndombele.

Honestly this Sp**s business makes them a problem. Say what you want about Bale but he could easily fire them into the top 4 this season which is what they want.

:rofl:

Malky

Established Member
Sp**s are certainly one of the winners of the window now, but people going into meltdown are getting ahead of themselves.

Are they?
They're getting a kid, who if he tears it up Real will take back for only £5-10M more than Sp**s have paid, Madrid basically have £30M extra to spend just now while Sp**s have a development project on their hands.

As for Bale, it's a ****ing risky, risky move. No one else was willing to pay his massive wage - £330K a week? For a loan? A 31 year old with serious injury issues, who hasn't shown any motivation to play football in over a year. If he's fully fit and motivated then there's no doubt he'll be great, but that's a huge IF

All this with Bale is before you even bring their massive stadium debt into it. They NEED to finish in the top 4 now, think Levy must know they need that money to pay off the stadium or else they'll need to cash in on their prize assets (Kane, Son ect ) next summer to pay back the debt.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I think whoever wins the league this year will probably win it in one of the most competitive seasons we'll have. There's not one team going into the new season with a new manager. Liverpool already title challengers, Chelsea buying superstars and Lampard having a full second season, City improving on a title winning team already, United have a very settled team it seems as well with lots of fire power, Sp**s making some big signings and have Jose in for a full season.

Then you look at your Leicesters, Wolves and Evertons who are all in with an outside shot at 4th/6th.

I think it's why if we don't get an Aouar/Partey we'll finish in that 5/6th spot, one is huge, both is some serious serious business.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sp**s have done as well as they could have done with their budget, none of it is ideal but its good business as far as they are concerned.

Lets just focus on what we are going to do to improve rather than worry about if Bale or their other signings will work out for them or not

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Their midfield is pretty good actually. Bale can very much be revived by Mourinho. More than that though they have depth when it comes to rotating Bale but even more so there major weakness in the squad was high quality fullbacks. Their CBs are good if not great but they can rectify that in the window. They have out of nowhere gotten hold of their major weaknesses for the most part. I think a striker and maybe a CB sets them up for top 4 if Mourinho can get them to respond to him.

Hjobjerg is a decent serviceable player that can play multiple roles in midfield and their defense is actually pretty strong if they either revive Ndombele or find an alternative while I get the feeling Mourinho can reinvent Ali's role. Not to mention two new quality fullbacks expands their attack, defense and midfield in numerous ways.

I agree Chelsea's defense is poor at the moment and their GK but they've strengthened their attack significantly which means their defense with Silva as a leader might not have as much pressure. But yes with Lampard things maybe not that great right away.

Yeah, Bale's more major issue is motivation and he is quite a few levels above Alexis as an individual while unlike at United Mourinho has numerous alternatives to rotate with Bale.

Anyway, maybe I'm a little panicked but I unless we get in both Aouar or Partey/alternative, we'd be in a difficult situation. If that goes over the line then I would be confident.

I can't agree in regards to Sp**s. You are basing top four on Mourinho developing Ndombele, Ali and motivating Bale. It doesn't matter whether they buy attacking fullbacks. You could give Mourinho Roberto Carlos and he would still prevent him from overlapping.

Winks, Sissoko, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Dier, Fernandes. There is no way Mourinho develops a consistent midfield out of that lot.

Having good players will get Chelsea, Man United and Sp**s results. It won't be pretty, but they will win a lot of games. However, we hands down have the better coach. Even as it stands, I would place us in the top four.

The mood around the club is unbelievably positive.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom