• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Compare the big 6: who has had the best transfer window?

Which TWO clubs have had the best window so far?

• Total voters

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
As it stands we comfortably have the 6th best squad. Aouar and Partey are essential in bringing our squad to the level of Chelsea/United/Sp**s.

It will be so competitive for top 4 this season...

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I can't agree in regards to Sp**s. You are basing top four on Mourinho developing Ndombele, Ali and motivating Bale. It doesn't matter whether they buy attacking fullbacks. You could give Mourinho Roberto Carlos and he would still prevent him from overlapping.

Winks, Sissoko, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Dier, Fernandes. There is no way Mourinho develops a consistent midfield out of that lot.

Having good players will get Chelsea, Man United and Sp**s results. It won't be pretty, but they will win a lot of games. However, we hands down have the better coach. Even as it stands, I would place us in the top four.

The mood around the club is unbelievably positive.

Nah to be cemented in the top 4 we need Aouar/Partey. Gabriel and Willian alone isn't enough, we're around 5th at the moment even with Mikel.

say yes

forum master baiter
Are they?
They're getting a kid, who if he tears it up Real will take back for only £5-10M more than Sp**s have paid, Madrid basically have £30M extra to spend just now while Sp**s have a development project on their hands.

As for Bale, it's a ****ing risky, risky move. No one else was willing to pay his massive wage - £330K a week? For a loan? A 31 year old with serious injury issues, who hasn't shown any motivation to play football in over a year. If he's fully fit and motivated then there's no doubt he'll be great, but that's a huge IF

All this with Bale is before you even bring their massive stadium debt into it. They NEED to finish in the top 4 now, think Levy must know they need that money to pay off the stadium or else they'll need to cash in on their prize assets (Kane, Son ect ) next summer to pay back the debt.
Bale’s wages aren’t as bad as they look given how low Sp**s’ wage bill is. It’s easily manageable for them now unfortunately.

I mean we pay Özil more than they’ll pay Bale despite the fact he doesn’t play for us and we haven’t qualified for the CL in 4 years.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I can't agree in regards to Sp**s. You are basing top four on Mourinho developing Ndombele, Ali and motivating Bale. It doesn't matter whether they buy attacking fullbacks. You could give Mourinho Roberto Carlos and he would still prevent him from overlapping.

Winks, Sissoko, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Dier, Fernandes. There is no way Mourinho develops a consistent midfield out of that lot.

Having good players will get Chelsea, Man United and Sp**s results. It won't be pretty, but they will win a lot of games. However, we hands down have the better coach. Even as it stands, I would place us in the top four.

The mood around the club is unbelievably positive.

I understand what you're saying about Mourinho, but IF (its a big if) they keep Bale, Son and Kane fit, they have absolute world class quality up front.

I think they'll be terrible to watch this season, but they'll will win a lot of games solely because of the quality they have up front.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

What’s the commotion about Sp**s getting Bale? They’re not going anywhere with Mourinho. Don’t understand the big deal, if they got CR7 maybe I’d be worried. Good luck to Bale playing with greedy Kane in front of him.

Reactions: roz

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
As it stands we comfortably have the 6th best squad. Aouar and Partey are essential in bringing our squad to the level of Chelsea/United/Sp**s.

It will be so competitive for top 4 this season...

I think you underestimate our squad. I'd say we have the 4th best squad but not the 4th best starting 11. Too many unknowns right now mainly with the midfield. But if you were to grade our players...

I'd put Leno as 2nd best keeper in the league, think he's better than Ederson personally.
Tierney I'd also put as 2nd best left back in the league.
Bellerin you'd have to say is getting back to good form and fitness. I think all right backs except TAA and Pereira are on a similar level in the league.
CB's are a relative unknown for us atm, can't comment much on Gabriel. In terms of quality on paper I'd put us 3rd or 4th for CB quality.
Midfield wise right now we are maybe 6th or 7th which is a huge problem. With Aouar and Partey we'd shoot up to joint 3rd or 4th.
Pepe and Willian together are 3rd best behind Liverpool and City RW's.
Auba is the best LW in the league out of him, Sterling, Son, Rashford, Pulisic. Mane is the only one that really pushes him very close, maybe equal to Mane but atm Auba is on fire.
Lacazette could also be a problem. I'd say on paper he's the 6th best in the league.
As for Mikel, third best in the league for me.

So at the moment we've got a right mixture, but because there's so many highly rated players mixed with some not so highly rated ones I think it sits us around 5th knocking on the door of 4th.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Not sure why you're laughing. Nobody should be taking Bale for granted.

Bale is a washed up has been. That's just the truth. Yes, he will contribute with G/A (less than he even does now), no he's not going to *fire them into the top 4*. Far from it.

You can quote me on that.

Malky

Established Member
Bale’s wages aren’t as bad as they look given how low Sp**s’ wage bill is. It’s easily manageable for them now unfortunately.

I mean we pay Özil more than they’ll pay Bale despite the fact he doesn’t play for us and we haven’t qualified for the CL in 4 years.
We no longer have a massive stadium debt hanging over us.
They miss out on a CL place and paying £20M to loan a player for the season will look like a really stupid move.
At the time we gave Özil that contract he would our star player, it was more damaging to the club to let him walk. We basically shot ourselves in the foot, but no one at the time knew it was going to end as badly as it has.
Sp**s are paying that for one season, for a 31 year old, in hope that he stays fit and actually performs.

Malky

Established Member
Sp**s can bring in Bale, some kid at fullback etc, the diffrence is we have the manager that can get us into the top 4.
Look at Sp**s against Everton, does a young LB or Bale really take them up a level because they looked clueless, their issues are deeper than the players, it was like watching us in the last months of Emery.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Bale is a washed up has been. That's just the truth. Yes, he will contribute with G/A (less than he even does now), no he's not going to *fire them into the top 4*. Far from it.

You can quote me on that.

You'd say Bale will quite comfortably get 20 G/A in the league, that is huge for Sp**s no matter which way you look at it. He's also a match winner like Son and Kane. Having 3 match winners in your front 3 is huge for any team.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
You'd say Bale will quite comfortably get 20 G/A in the league, that is huge for Sp**s no matter which way you look at it. He's also a match winner like Son and Kane. Having 3 match winners in your front 3 is huge for any team.

:rofl:

Gareth Bale only has ever gotten 21 goals in a league season (26 G/A). That's his record. Back in the 12/13 season. When he was still at Tottenham. At Real he was getting good assist numbers for the first 2 years. After that nope.

Yeah, I'm sure Bale will have the season of his life. Everything pointing to that. He's nowhere near that level anymore.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Liverpool signing Thiago now changes the dynamics.

On paper Liverpool are still the best team by miles. They have the best goalkeeper, fullbacks, centerbacks and forwards.

Fabinho/Henderson/Thiago is a brilliant midfield as well.

If they keep their motivation and stay injury free, I think they'll win it again.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hjobjerg is their best CM. Le Celso has technical ability but isnt consistent enough or productive enough (hes a poor mans Ceballos). Sissoko, Winks, Dier, Alli and Ndombele are all dreadful.

Bale? An overrated , injury prone, bad attitude, ego maniac that's more of golfer than a footballer. Are they seriously going to drop their best player in my lifetime after Modric and Campbell in Son to accomodate the "media darling"? I'd love to see it.

Toby isnt anywhere as good as used to be and Sanchez is just okay. Lloris has delcined dramatically the past couple of years.

Lloris had one of his best seasons last year and was top 3 in the league for most advanced stats categories.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
:rofl:

Gareth Bale only has ever gotten 21 goals in a league season. That's his record. Back in the 12/13 season. When he was still at Tottenham.

Yeah, I'm sure Bale will have the season of his life. Everything pointing to that.

I mean at least read what I said. G/A = goals and assists.

13/14 - 2073 Madrid minutes - 27 Goals and assists
14/15 - 2582 Madrid minutes - 22 goals and assists
15/16 - 1741 Madrid minutes - 29 goals and assists
16/17 - 1425 Madrid minutes - 9 goals and assists
17/18 - 1803 Madrid minutes - 18 goals and assists
18/19 - 1794 Madrid minutes - 11 goals and asssists
And last season 1092 Madrid minutes - 4 goals and assists

Even an injury prone, unhappy bale bangs.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Considering the quality of their current squad, add Thiago to that then their window should really be considered as one of the best. Nothing unnecessary but a very sensible addition to an already strong squad.

I feel maybe too much praise is given to teams that need to spend the money to improve.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Potential best top 6 starting 11's with 18 days until deadline day...

City

Ederson
Walker - Otamendi/Stones - Laporte - Mendy
Rodri
KDB - Gundogan
Mahrez - Aguero - Sterling
Liverpool

Alisson
TAA - Gomez - VVD - Robertson
Fabinho
Thiago - Keita/Gini/Hendo
Salah - Firmino - Mane
Chelsea

Kepa/Mendy
James - Thiago Silva - Zouma - Chilwell
Kovacic - Kante
Ziyech - Havertz - Pulisic
Werner
Arsenal

Leno
Bellerin - Luiz - Gabriel - Tierney - AMN/Saka
Xhaka - Ceballos
Willian/Pepe - Laca - Auba
Sp**s

Lloris
Doherty - Toby - Sanchez - Reguillon
Winks - Hojbjerg
Lo Celso
Bale - Kane - Son
United

Hendo/DDG
AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw
Matic/Fred
Pogba/VDB - Bruno
Greenwood - Martial - Rashford

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Potential best top 6 starting 11's with 18 days until deadline day...

City

Ederson
Walker - Otamendi/Stones - Laporte - Mendy
Rodri
KDB - Gundogan
Mahrez - Aguero - Sterling
Liverpool

Alisson
TAA - Gomez - VVD - Robertson
Fabinho
Thiago - Keita/Gini/Hendo
Salah - Firmino - Mane
Chelsea

Kepa/Mendy
James - Thiago Silva - Zouma - Chilwell
Kovacic - Kante
Ziyech - Havertz - Pulisic
Werner
Arsenal

Leno
Bellerin - Luiz - Gabriel - Tierney - AMN/Saka
Xhaka - Ceballos
Willian/Pepe - Laca - Auba
Sp**s

Lloris
Doherty - Toby - Sanchez - Reguillon
Winks - Hojbjerg
Lo Celso
Bale - Kane - Son
United

Hendo/DDG
AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw
Matic/Fred
Pogba/VDB - Bruno
Greenwood - Martial - Rashford

Do you have a job?

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom